The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Postgraduate Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by BlackyMeow
Seriously? What is the department of Mathematics even doing? I have been waiting for two months for Applied Mathematics...

thats really long .....
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by J0507
thats really long .....

How long have you been waiting?
Reply 182
How long have you been waiting?

around 7 weeks . so pretty much the same .
Reply 183
Original post by Shau
I'm going to study MSc general structural engineering at Imperial. Anyone does the same course or anyone in civil engineering please give me a private shout if u don't mind. Really wanna make some friends before getting into the college.😼👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive applied for general structural engineering aswell back in March, still haven't received any offers however. But I did get an email saying:

'I am writing to update you on the status of the Departmental and Cluster MSc 50% Fee Scholarships:

Ø All Home and EU scholarships cluster scholarships have been allocated and all successful candidates notified. Reserve candidates have also been informed;

Ø All Overseas applicants who have been shortlisted for the single 50% Fee Scholarship have been notified.

We do not expect to have to revisit this issue, but will do so should we have a number of successful candidates drop out. This was a lengthy and difficult task, as the level of competition was very high, as were the number of applicants being considered. Congratulations to the successful applicants and thanks to all for your patience while we have been deliberating.

If you respond to this email, please remember to include your full name and application reference number (this is also called the College Identifier or CID Number and comprises 8 digits normally beginning with a single or double zero).

Reminder: If it is no longer your intention to take up your place at Imperial, please let us know as soon as possible, including your full name and CID number.

Kind regards'

Is it implying that im reserved a place?
Hey all,

I applied for the Business School's msc in economics and strategy for business. However, I received an invite to the waiting list rather than an offer. Does anyone have information or experience with being placed on the waiting list? Is there anything that I can do now?
Has anyone else without an offer received the teasing email from Imperial about finding accommodation in London. Urgh!!!
Original post by white2black
Has anyone else without an offer received the teasing email from Imperial about finding accommodation in London. Urgh!!!

Yeah. Kind of irritating.
Where does it say that they have to send answers by June 3rd? Is that actually a thing?
Where does it say that they have to send answers by June 3rd? Is that actually a thing?

Who said that ?
Who said that ?

Lyra18 said something about decisions being made before June 3rd??
Lyra18 said something about decisions being made before June 3rd??

That is only for the finance programmes which have deadlines and decision dates for the applications. All other programmes have no deadlines and take 6-8 weeks to get a decision.
Reply 191
HI,GUYS! Is there anyone want to live near imperial college for the summer holiday? and just need 6 mins to imperial college and 400pw includes bill. contains two beds but one in the dining room and one in bedroom suits for couples or friends or family! If you are interested in this apartment, please contact me ASAP!
Anyone for MSc Taxonomy and Biodiversity ?
Also, i am a bit stressed out about accommodation. Private halls seem to have the best environment, but they're incredibly expensive. Would like to know what others think .
Original post by Everez
I've started to look into rented accommodation as the private halls are too expensive, and it seems flats/houses are generally let very fast in London. Does anyone know of any accommodation forums e.g. on Facebook, where people are looking to find flatmates? Would be really useful.

Yes, I've been looking for the same.
Original post by nathanthomas
That is only for the finance programmes which have deadlines and decision dates for the applications. All other programmes have no deadlines and take 6-8 weeks to get a decision.
Yup, nothing. Indeed.
There's a group on FB called "London Student Flat Share" and I'm sure Imperial will have their own group as well for Imperial students. Flats here in London are let very fast but the market also opens later than in other cities. Myself and the majority of people I know tended to find places around the July/August period.
:smile::smile: Hi guys! I have also received an offer to study MSc. human molecular genetics at ICL. I am Kenyan and looking forward to the experience. Its great to see that ICL is held in such high regard. Seems I made the right choice.
Hey everyone and congrats to those of you with offers.
I got an offer for MSc International Health Management today :smile::smile:
Anyone else doing this course?
Congrats to all the offer holders! Just got an offer for MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Management.

I have a question for those who have already accepted your offers. How did you go about with the official confirmation of qualifications? Did you actually send the original? I find this to be quite risky being an intl student. Any thoughts?
^ I sent in the original mark transcript- I was a bit apprehensive posting it, but I'm pretty sure they need the original.
Just make sure you send it recorded delivery (or something similar) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending