The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelpain
Yeah I agree, for social media could say it enables debating and reading the news too. For against could say that online voting could be leaked which undermines secret ballot act, or another layer = less transparency = more disillusion people?

yeah i agree with you there, by the looks of it if we could put all this together it would be a decent question to come up :biggrin:
Reply 421
A huge example to use is the BMA's insider influence regarding the Junior Doctors contract and how they successfully campaigned and lobbied to get successful change
Original post by Kit Ross
Hi, I was just wondering if u could give me some points to use for the 25 marker on elections. About PR.

id say probably a similar answer to what i said before just with more detai with outcomes:

For: More proportionate- directly proportionate seats to votes, less wasted votes, minorities better represented, less discrimination for smaller parties eg Green Party and ukip would do much better under prAgainst:u:sually produces coalitions - less stable government Let's extremist parties get more votes and representationSome of the systems are more confusing like stv or amsSometimes it takes longer to get a vote than the typical fptp systemThere's probably more but I don't have my notes on me at the momentExamples could just be all the different electoral systems and about them and their outcomes
Original post by mollyadtr
yeah i agree with you there, by the looks of it if we could put all this together it would be a decent question to come up :biggrin:

Was thinking about your predictions by the way. For the PG one, what makes you think it'll be social media?
Original post by alevelpain
Was thinking about your predictions by the way. For the PG one, what makes you think it'll be social media?

they hold a convention for edexcel politics each year in london and it didnt come up in the most recent one but it came up in the one beofre so i just think if it didnt come up in last years paper theres a chance it might come up this year...and theyve never answered it before!
Reply 426
Did anyone go to the conference this year (did they have one??)
Original post by xxvine
For and against digital democracy may come up
Have you revised that?

what 6 points would you put for that
Reply 428
Can somebody give me a
5 marker def of democracy please
Reply 429
Original post by xxvine
Can somebody give me a
5 marker def of democracy please

They'll never ask you to specifically ask you to define democracy rather something like 'direct democracy' or 'rep. democracy'
Original post by Pato1
Did anyone go to the conference this year (did they have one??)

yeah they did have one and ive got the question on civil liberties if you want it but i didnt go
Reply 431
Last digital democracy question was in Jan 13:

'explain how + why digital voting could make UK more democratic' (10)
Reply 432
yeah they did have one and ive got the question on civil liberties if you want it but i didnt go

Do you what they covered for unit 1?
Original post by Pato1

no sorry they wouldnt send my teacher the powerpoint of questions and he couldnt attend to the convention+ no one in my class went so no one knew what they were talking about.... one student who did go told my teacher that they covered 'are civil liberties under threat in the uk'
Original post by Pato1

however if you want the politics review 2016 i can send that out to you its got some essay plans in it
Reply 435
however if you want the politics review 2016 i can send that out to you its got some essay plans in it

Yeah that would be great thx
Reply 436
Original post by Pato1

What did you get last year?
Original post by Pato1

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075611.019713.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075628.068834.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075649.394405.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075666.443312.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075679.010349.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075696.713727.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075708.959158.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075726.499182.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075742.092881.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465075755.390987.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 438
Original post by xxvine
What did you get last year?

b, thought I did much better and should have got in for a remark but oh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending