The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diego Costa

As for not having a 20+ goal striker, Giroud has surpassed that tally twice including this season.

i think they mean league goals
Reply 8061
If you give Dortmund £45m and offer double his wages, it'll give both parties food for thought. Benzema and Higuain have scored f*ck loads of goals in La Liga and will both be around for the next few years, so will do well for years to come.

As for not having a 20+ goal striker, Giroud has surpassed that tally twice including this season.

Dortmund would want way higher imo, and they will probably refuse selling him anyway..

I meant in the league.. he went on like a 15 game run without scoring a goal at the business end of the season. He got a hat trick on the last day, against a team that were already relegated when we practically had nothing to play for

I really rate Giroud as a second striker, but he won't win us a title. His numbers might look ok at the end of the season but when you watch that guy week in, week out you'll see how incapable he is of winning us the league
Original post by James.Carnell
He's a bottler.

Not any more. Him and Ronaldo have swapped places.

Original post by shawn_o1
i think they mean league goals

I wasn't really being serious.

Original post by SA-1
Dortmund would want way higher imo, and they will probably refuse selling him anyway..

They're a feeder club and I don't see much reason why they'd turn down £50m or so.

I meant in the league.. he went on like a 15 game run without scoring a goal at the business end of the season. He got a hat trick on the last day, against a team that were already relegated when we practically had nothing to play for

I really rate Giroud as a second striker, but he won't win us a title. His numbers might look ok at the end of the season but when you watch that guy week in, week out you'll see how incapable he is of winning us the league

I agree on your opinion of Giroud, but Vardy is also limited, misses key chances and went through a drought at the end of the season. They're very different but alike at the same time.
Reply 8063

They're very different but alike at the same time.

Which is why it'll be good if we go for him rather than someone who has a similar style to Giroud

Think it'll be so perfect if he somehow also got Morata, but that really isn't going to happen now I don't think
Original post by SA-1
Aubameyang would be ideal tbh, but I don't see it happening. The ideal situation would be to get Morata too, for the future.. but again, it probably won't happen.Benzema and Higuain are both like 28/29, and we have no idea how they'll be in the PL.@Dirtybit @Rk2k14, reason why Arsenal fans are so excited is not because we think we're signing a world class striker, its because we're going to have someone who has a conversion rate higher than Giroud, Welbeck and ****ing Sanogo. We haven't had a 20+ goal striker since RVP and we've created more clear cut chances since his last season with us.. its been so frustrating, which is why anyone who's even slightly better is an upgrade

Vardy just isn't an Arsenal signing IMO... but you're right there's not that many options out there
Original post by James.Carnell
Yeah, but Ibrah's gonna score 60+ because you know he's Ibrah and you have Mourinho who is the best manager everr!

Mourinho is second after SAF, agree with the rest though!!
Original post by SA-1
Which is why it'll be good if we go for him rather than someone who has a similar style to Giroud

Think it'll be so perfect if he somehow also got Morata, but that really isn't going to happen now I don't think

Why get a nearly man instead of someone world class is my main point. If Arsenal managed to get two world class players in Sanchez and Özil, I don't see why they couldn't get a world class striker.

Original post by Dirtybit

He's not better than Simeone
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit

Delusional. Can't wait to see Pep wipe the floor with him.
How does it feel knowing this past season will most likely have been your last realistic chance of winning the league for quite a few years?

No chance you're getting the better of Pep's Man City or Mourinho's United while Wenger remains.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
How does it feel knowing this past season will most likely have been your last realistic chance of winning the league for quite a few years?

No chance you're getting the better of Pep's Man City or Mourinho's United while Wenger remains.

And? Winning the title the past season is not really that prestigious an achievement as all the big clubs were awful. Opposition fans could just easily say "Oh you won the league in an easy year". It would be much more impressive if we somehow win it in the coming seasons when the competition is tough.
Reply 8070
Why get a nearly man instead of someone world class is my main point. If Arsenal managed to get two world class players in Sanchez and Özil, I don't see why they couldn't get a world class striker.

Nor can I..

I've asked myself "I don't understand why..." questions every transfer window for the last 12 years - I think every Arsenal fan has
How you guys should/will line up next season

Don't know why people keep comparing buying Vardy to buying RVP, it's more like when we bought Arshavin tbh.
Original post by swirly
Don't know why people keep comparing buying Vardy to buying RVP, it's more like when we bought Arshavin tbh.

I think our fans are unrealistic in their expectations. We are not going to replace Henry any time soon. That is their expectation - Henry. It's a bit silly.

Say we got Benzema, people would still be complaining about whether he is good enough, because Henry is who all the strikers at the club get compared to.

To his credit, RVP really did get fairly close to Henry levels in his final season with us - he was ridiculously good.
Why do people act like World class strikers are as readily available as WC midfielders. Just because we got Ozil and Sanchez doesn't mean we can get similar quality strikers. Just like others have said, we aren't Barca or Real Madrid. Aside from first team football. What can these big names gain from coming to Arsenal thst they don't already have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8075
Imagine Giroud bottles us this transfer because him talking pisses Leicester off :rofl:
Wenger has finally lost it completely. Vardy is the definition of a one season wonder
Original post by difeo
Wenger has finally lost it completely. Vardy is the definition of a one season wonder

You said the same thing about Kane

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Imagine Giroud bottles us this transfer because him talking pisses Leicester off :rofl:

Leicester have no choice but to allow Vardy to speak to Arsenal - it's a clause in his contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
You said the same thing about Kane

Posted from TSR Mobile

No m8, find a quote then!!

A 21 year old having a great season in the first season he was a starter is just the expected trajectory for great players, no reason to necessarily think it's a one off
A 29 year old in a team where every player suddenly goes from nothing to apparently one of the best in the league in their position is entirely different

Latest