The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Economics Thread -- 6th June / 9th June

Scroll to see replies

tips on how to make a strong judgment on your conclusion??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by lilsadkitty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its really hard but try and relate it to the case study and explain it well.
Original post by lilsadkitty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explain why this choice is the best FIR THE PERSON IN THE CASE STUDY. What might this entail in the short term. And in the long term more importantly. Why ultimately does this beat the other option -- I.e. Perhaps say why the other option may be better, but the chosen judgement is certainly better because ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone have notes for unit 12 thankss x
Reply 24

I've always struggled with answering the 12 markers, and I know how important they are.
Does anyone have a certain way/structure of answering them? Because rambling can never a way to secure a GCSE in Economics haha.

Reply 25
Original post by Bondioz

I've always struggled with answering the 12 markers, and I know how important they are.
Does anyone have a certain way/structure of answering them? Because rambling can never a way to secure a GCSE in Economics haha.

1) For the Introduction, start off with a decision wether you agree/disagree with the options for the question, write just 1 sentence.
2) The main body of the answer should be normally 3 paragraphs 2 points supporting your argument and 1 against. Always show the other side of the argument.
3) For the conclusion, write your decision again with a point and explain why that specific point is the most important, try and make it just short of a paragraph. (There is 6 marks for conclusions).

Hope this helped
Original post by Obnox
1) For the Introduction, start off with a decision wether you agree/disagree with the options for the question, write just 1 sentence.
2) The main body of the answer should be normally 3 paragraphs 2 points supporting your argument and 1 against. Always show the other side of the argument.
3) For the conclusion, write your decision again with a point and explain why that specific point is the most important, try and make it just short of a paragraph. (There is 6 marks for conclusions).

Hope this helped

When writing with this structure, I'm curious, how many marks do you, yourself receive?
Reply 27
Original post by Hasib_332
When writing with this structure, I'm curious, how many marks do you, yourself receive?

Mostly 10, 11 or 12 or, but thats the structure ive been taught to use and you may use a different one that suits you better.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465162197.570750.jpg

Guys are we allowed to write in this part???? I always end up writing there in practice exams and was wondering if it wasn't a problem. thanks haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's usually an additional space page(s) at the back. Just do it on those pages and you should be OK :smile:
Original post by lozzer1999
There's usually an additional space page(s) at the back. Just do it on those pages and you should be OK :smile:

thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
What would you say the most important things to remember are for this exam?
Also my teacher always said to evaluate throughout the longer answer questions - how would I do this?
That was a pretty good exam.
I'm not sure how to feel??? Some parts were amazing and others were a bit annoying. I feel like I messed up those questions on the budgeting and the price of second hand cars!! :/ Completely forgot to bring up the violin in the 12 marker too.. :/ apart from that, the rest were quite decent I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by history fanatic
I'm not sure how to feel??? Some parts were amazing and others were a bit annoying. I feel like I messed up those questions on the budgeting and the price of second hand cars!! :/ Completely forgot to bring up the violin in the 12 marker too.. :/ apart from that, the rest were quite decent I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel exactly the same way.
Reply 35
I am so happy with that exam:biggrin:, i thought it was really easy because it was pretty similar to other past paper questions and there was 30 marks on Unit 1 which is the easiest unit.

How did everyone else find it though?
okay but my last 12 marker was so bad and some of my 6 answers were weak i

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was a decent exam tbh i got a c in my mock my teacher's useless anyways been getting D's and E's in all our tests and practice 12 markers if l get an A imma laugh at the guy
P sure I messed up that exam 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm.... I am, too, unsure about how it went! With Economics Unit 11, you'll supposedly find every question okay; it's just the MARKING which drops you xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending