The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Hi sorry to interrupt, but I see you have the nat 5 paper, I was wondering if you could perhaps post the Higher paper if you get a hold of it?
Reply 421
Original post by qasim-98
Hi sorry to interrupt, but I see you have the nat 5 paper, I was wondering if you could perhaps post the Higher paper if you get a hold of it?

Yeah sure, if I get it I'll post it here
Original post by S_x_x
Yeah sure, if I get it I'll post it here

Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by S_x_x
image.jpgnext one!

Thanks so much dude ! :biggrin:

Looking at the NAT5 Picture's he has posted what do you think of the paper ?
Reply 425
Original post by Ethan100
Looking at the NAT5 Picture's he has posted what do you think of the paper ?

I don't think it was THAT hard, the ISDD stuff was at a pretty good standard, but the Software development stuff looks tough.
Original post by S_x_x
I don't think it was THAT hard, the ISDD stuff was at a pretty good standard, but the Software development stuff looks tough.

Yeah I agree with you there. There was a lot of big sections missing too.

For example, Translators and Networks. I can only remember 1 question for each of these sections which could have easily of been guessed without knowledge.

I do believe I could have done better so I'm hoping people found some questions difficult :P haha
Reply 427

Seeing since you done higher, what do you think of this N5 paper?
Reply 428
Yeah I agree with you there. There was a lot of big sections missing too.

For example, Translators and Networks. I can only remember 1 question for each of these sections which could have easily of been guessed without knowledge.

I'm only in S3, so got some time to look over this. How did your coursework go ?
Original post by S_x_x
I'm only in S3, so got some time to look over this. How did your coursework go ?

It was alright actually, I got 51/60.Judging by last year's A grade boundary I need about 60 marks in the exam to get an A. You are very lucky to be looking at this stuff in s3. In my school when I was in S3 we were doing nothing that had to do with what we were learning in S4.

Bring dem pics

Tbh I thought the higher paper was a wreck.
My teacher didn't teach us so much stuff that was in it, he didn't tell us about sub classes and classes, record structures in programming or how to do that database question and how the message would be displayed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
My teacher didn't teach us so much stuff that was in it, he didn't tell us about sub classes and classes, record structures in programming or how to do that database question and how the message would be displayed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some teachers are SOOO BAD !

To be honest there wasn't even point in a teacher for my N5 class. We were studying alone out of a book most of the time.

To be honest there wasn't even point in a teacher for my N5 class. We were studying alone out of a book most of the time.

Yeah my brother was doing Nat 5 last year and he got a terrible teacher and he didn't teach them very well at all.
He didn't even teach his class about the full of computer architecture haha.
He had to self teach himself about the buses and CPU components. He had to borrow my notes as I had a different teacher last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 433

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? My friend got 9 As at N5, took computing higher and said it was quite easy

For real though there was like 16 marks worth of questions that my teacher didn't teach us that came up in that exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S_x_x
Really? My friend got 9 As at N5, took computing higher and said it was quite easy

Yeah he probably had a good teacher. My teacher never taught us some stuff and it came up in the exam.

Most of Nat 5s are easy tbh so I wouldn't be overly proud of them, they get you to college not uni. I got 5As and a B at Nat 5, you were only allowed to sit 7 Nat 5s in my school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was recently introduced to scholar ? Do you use it ?

Nah I never used it I had my own book for Nat 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 437
We got given a book to study from, but our teacher explains everything fully :biggrin:
Reply 438
Nah I never used it I had my own book for Nat 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What book was it? BrightRed?
Original post by S_x_x
What book was it? BrightRed?

Just the how to pass book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply