The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else just looked at all the content needed for the unit 3 exam and just gone NOPE

How does one attempt to learn 30+ 24 markers, hmm
Original post by NotMolly
Has anyone else just looked at all the content needed for the unit 3 exam and just gone NOPE

lol same. its probs worth ignoring the questions that are very unlikely to come up, such as the ones that came up last year. that gets us down to like 15 questions if were being ruthless?
Original post by Socychoictraphy
I feel like i'm going to fail this exam and not get into uni :-( Please give me motivation.

As long as you're not absolutely thick and decent at writing essays with a clear line of argument then you're good. The grade boundaries are usually pretty low for unit 3 so there's no need to worry.

Make sure your research methods knowledge is sound, too.

If they did what they did with last year's AS unit 1 exam, they'll put the easier questions in there (that's what we got for memory, anyway).

Good luck and you'll be fine :smile: You'll be surprised at how much you'll remember in the exam.
Original post by miajohnsonhall
lol same. its probs worth ignoring the questions that are very unlikely to come up, such as the ones that came up last year. that gets us down to like 15 questions if were being ruthless?

Yeah, just gonna have to be tactical about it :') Our teacher warned us not to completely ignore last year's questions though in case they come up as the smaller questions.

What topics are you doing?

I'm literally trying to write out each possible essay and memorise them, so far I've done all for relationships, 3 eating behaviour essays and none for sleep. Will I write them in time? Probably. Will I memorise them in time? Probably not.

I had my history AS resit last week. Managed to write and memorise 16 essays in 3 days but I don't think this will be the case with psychology. I'm literally planning my gap year, I can't see myself getting a good grade. :redface:

Could you please tell me what questions came up last year? I'm doing Sleep, eating behaviour and relationships.
Original post by Fleming1928
I'm literally trying to write out each possible essay and memorise them, so far I've done all for relationships, 3 eating behaviour essays and none for sleep. Will I write them in time? Probably. Will I memorise them in time? Probably not.

I had my history AS resit last week. Managed to write and memorise 16 essays in 3 days but I don't think this will be the case with psychology. I'm literally planning my gap year, I can't see myself getting a good grade. :redface:

I know those feels :frown:

How did you cope with history and psychology?! Respect to you, my friend.

I'm doing the same, I've pretty much written all the possible 24 markers but I haven't started memorising them, I'm just hoping through writing them I'm absorbing most of the content.

Sleep is such a killer! So much to learn :-(
Yeah, just gonna have to be tactical about it :':wink: Our teacher warned us not to completely ignore last year's questions though in case they come up as the smaller questions.

What topics are you doing?

thats true, but im not going to more than read through them, not memorizing essays or any crazyness aha.

im doing bio rhythms, gender and aggression for unit 3, depression, media and reserch methods for unit 4- i have my own predictions for each! what are you doing?
Could you please tell me what questions came up last year? I'm doing Sleep, eating behaviour and relationships.

I believe sleep was a 4 on one exp. of narcolepsy and a 4+16 on evolutionary explanations for functions.

Eating behaviour was a 4+16 on one or more psychological explanations for either anorexia nervosa or bulimianervosa or obesity and a 4 on one or more explanations for the success and/or failure of dieting.

For relationships it was a 24 on the influence of childhood on adult relationships.

Have a look at the predictions and info on what came up last year for each topic: http://www.loopa.co.uk/tag/2016
thats true, but im not going to more than read through them, not memorizing essays or any crazyness aha.

im doing bio rhythms, gender and aggression for unit 3, depression, media and reserch methods for unit 4- i have my own predictions for each! what are you doing?

I'm the same as you but schizophrenia instead of depression.
What are your predictions? I think it's so difficult to predict them and everyone is saying different things :-(
I know those feels :frown:

How did you cope with history and psychology?! Respect to you, my friend.

I'm doing the same, I've pretty much written all the possible 24 markers but I haven't started memorising them, I'm just hoping through writing them I'm absorbing most of the content.

Sleep is such a killer! So much to learn :-(

Well, I pretty much failed history last year (I kind of gave up with it because half way through the year our teacher left and our new teacher didn't teach us any new content, I have accepted my failure and only revised for psychology)
So I had to self teach it to myself this year, making me fall behind with psychology.

Not a great plan :biggrin:

I usually memorise them by writing them out once again, then making a plan, then writing down all of the key words. I will probably do that monday+tuesday.

I absolutely hate sleep, it's not in the same style as the other topics, it's not really about different types of explanations such as biological, cognitive etc so you can't 're-use' content knowledge.

sorry i have no idea for eating behaviour or relationships, but for sleep evolutionary as a 4+16 and narcolepsy as a 4marker came up. i think EP and EZ are the top prediction for this year! those or a rhythms question
I believe sleep was a 4 on one exp. of narcolepsy and a 4+16 on evolutionary explanations for functions.

Eating behaviour was a 4+16 on one or more psychological explanations for either anorexia nervosa or bulimianervosa or obesity and a 4 on one or more explanations for the success and/or failure of dieting.

For relationships it was a 24 on the influence of childhood on adult relationships.

Thank you. I'm dreading eating behaviours as we did bulimia and we didn't do a lot of work on it. I can;t find anything online as everywhere I look it's only about anorexia. Loopa has also used anorexia, I'm thinking of maybe just doing that? (since I can;t remember anything about bulimia anyway)

Original post by Oiseaux
Have a look at the predictions and info on what came up last year for each topic: http://www.loopa.co.uk/tag/2016

Thank you, also, liking the GOT icon :wink:
Well, I pretty much failed history last year (I kind of gave up with it because half way through the year our teacher left and our new teacher didn't teach us any new content, I have accepted my failure and only revised for psychology)
So I had to self teach it to myself this year, making me fall behind with psychology.

I usually memorise them by writing them out once again, then making a plan, then writing down all of the key words. I will probably do that monday+tuesday.

I absolutely hate sleep, it's not in the same style as the other topics, it's not really about different types of explanations such as biological, cognitive etc so you can't 're-use' content knowledge.

Are you doing A2 History too? If so how are you finding revising for both exams?
sorry i have no idea for eating behaviour or relationships, but for sleep evolutionary as a 4+16 and narcolepsy as a 4marker came up. i think EP and EZ are the top prediction for this year! those or a rhythms question

thank you, hmm I'd much rather rhythms :frown:

Ah, fair enough! That sucks, I couldn't teach it to myself, my essay skills were such a mess at the start of the year :':wink:

That seems like a good strategy! I know some people that spend hours learning one essay but I've never found that to work.

I agree, and we did it last as well so there hasn't been much time to get familiar with the content. So much research:nah:
Thank you. I'm dreading eating behaviours as we did bulimia and we didn't do a lot of work on it. I can;t find anything online as everywhere I look it's only about anorexia. Loopa has also used anorexia, I'm thinking of maybe just doing that? (since I can;t remember anything about bulimia anyway)

Thank you, also, liking the GOT icon :wink:

Thanks :wink: Seeing it just motivates me to get through these exams so I can enjoy the finale in peace, ha ha ha.
Original post by Oiseaux
Are you doing A2 History too? If so how are you finding revising for both exams?

Yes, I've already done my exam though (back in April!)
It was OCR Debates about the Holocaust, what are you doing?

Right now my biggest issue is that I have psychology and media on the same day :redface:
The media exam has 3 questions and we've only been prepared for 1, we didn't even know there will be ore than 1 question until like last month. I'm planning to just revise for psychology and somehow get lucky.
Does anyone else else have AQA unit 4 chemistry and psychology unit 4 on the same day and just accepting imminent death

Latest

Trending

Trending