The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances ?????

So my mum's been in an accident and been left paralyzed with a severe spinal injury. I'm currently on an access course and got some extensions on my assignments due to this reason.

However I don't think I'm quite going to make my UCAS requirements (30 distinctions 15 merits) - so should I fill out an extenuating circumstances form to see if they'll take my personal situation into account when looking at my offer??

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing before?
Reply 2
Original post by Livvyxo
So my mum's been in an accident and been left paralyzed with a severe spinal injury. I'm currently on an access course and got some extensions on my assignments due to this reason.

However I don't think I'm quite going to make my UCAS requirements (30 distinctions 15 merits) - so should I fill out an extenuating circumstances form to see if they'll take my personal situation into account when looking at my offer??

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing before?
I'm sorry to hear about your mum's accident and its consequences - you must all have been having a really difficult time of it. In a situation like this, the best thing is for your referee to contact your firm (and insurance uni if you have one) and update them, so that the uni can take the information into account if you do miss your offer. Unis can and do admit people who have missed their offers, even when there haven't been the issues that you've been dealing with, but it does vary from uni to uni and course to course. The important thing is to make sure they have all the information. If it turns out you have missed your offer and the uni/s concerned won't accept you, there will be options in Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending