The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fleming1928
Yes, I've already done my exam though (back in April!)
It was OCR Debates about the Holocaust, what are you doing?

Right now my biggest issue is that I have psychology and media on the same day :redface:
The media exam has 3 questions and we've only been prepared for 1, we didn't even know there will be ore than 1 question until like last month. I'm planning to just revise for psychology and somehow get lucky.

Your teachers sound terrible...
Original post by NotMolly
Ah, fair enough! That sucks, I couldn't teach it to myself, my essay skills were such a mess at the start of the year :':wink:

That seems like a good strategy! I know some people that spend hours learning one essay but I've never found that to work.

I agree, and we did it last as well so there hasn't been much time to get familiar with the content. So much research:nah:

haha same here! But the coursework and the A2 exams were such a monster I guess my essay skills really improved.

we did relationships last, I find it the easiest and I guess it's fresh in my memory. We actually did sleep first so I can barely remember it at all!
For issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis.

How many studies do you need to include to get 17 marks?

Have people put IDA in it?
Does anyone else else have AQA unit 4 chemistry and psychology unit 4 on the same day and just accepting imminent death

I have chemistry too but OCR instead 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha same here! But the coursework and the A2 exams were such a monster I guess my essay skills really improved.

we did relationships last, I find it the easiest and I guess it's fresh in my memory. We actually did sleep first so I can barely remember it at all!

I think I'd just forget sleep no matter when I learnt it :biggrin: Just doesn't stick
Original post by Elle_w
I have chemistry too but OCR instead 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boo :frown: Do you have any others on the same day?
I'm the same as you but schizophrenia instead of depression.
What are your predictions? I think it's so difficult to predict them and everyone is saying different things :-(

for sleep i predict (pretty much the same as loopa):
EP and EZ
biological rhythms
maybe a little one on insomnia,sleepwalking or lifespan

for aggression:
biological, infidelity/jealousy, maybe evolutionary

for gender:
genes / hormones and evolutionary likely to come up in some form. maybe cultural and gender dysphoria?
Yes, I've already done my exam though (back in April!)
It was OCR Debates about the Holocaust, what are you doing?

Right now my biggest issue is that I have psychology and media on the same day :redface:
The media exam has 3 questions and we've only been prepared for 1, we didn't even know there will be ore than 1 question until like last month. I'm planning to just revise for psychology and somehow get lucky.

Wow that's early! That sounds like a really interesting topic. Mine is next Friday and is OCR Russia and its Rulers and the essays are a killer since my teacher has given us literally no help :angry:. I've pretty much accepted that I'm getting a C at best though. Ah well you can always cram for it! Good luck with it though, I'm sure they'll both go well :smile:
Boo :frown: Do you have any others on the same day?

Nope just psych and chem, but I'm so glad that psya4's in the morning so I can forget about in and focus on chemistry 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, does anyone know how to answer classifications and diagnosis of phobic disorders? Like what kinda questions they would ask and stuff
Your teachers sound terrible...

Haha they actually are!
My psychology teacher is the only good teacher I have.
And one of my history teachers this year .. my history coursework teacher lied to us throughout the year about how good our coursework was, when the other teacher looked at it (a week before the hand in date) it turned out they were all D/E grades .. I still came out with a B somehow.
I guess it's better than last year, when the new teacher didn't teach us any content and just talked about bread all the time.
Literally the first lesson we had with the new teacher, they asked what the main reason for the Russian Revolution was and I said the incompetence of the tsar and they were like 'no it was bread', and this is where it all started.
With media .. well we don't even have real media teachers, they're english teachers. We don't have a classroom for media so all they do is sit there and gossip with the librarian. Also when I asked for help my teachers told me that I can still get into uni if I fail this exam because 'rarely anyone gets their entry requirement grades' er .. not for a Russell group.

I went off on a rant, I apologise. :tongue:
I gave up with school so long ago, I've probably been self teaching myself for about 2 months now.
PSYA3 is only three topics right? Relationships, Gender and Cognitive Development in my case.
Original post by miajohnsonhall
for sleep i predict (pretty much the same as loopa):
EP and EZ
biological rhythms
maybe a little one on insomnia,sleepwalking or lifespan

for aggression:
biological, infidelity/jealousy, maybe evolutionary

for gender:
genes / hormones and evolutionary likely to come up in some form. maybe cultural and gender dysphoria?

Ah, that's pretty consistent with what I've been told :') Our teacher is predicting:

Sleep - Endo PMs/Lifespan
Gender - Biosocial/GST
Aggression - Group displays/Genetics (genetics v. likely)

But she was wrong last year, so :biggrin:

Ugh I hate infidelity and jealousy -_- Just evolutionary explanations in general
Haha they actually are!
My psychology teacher is the only good teacher I have.
And one of my history teachers this year .. my history coursework teacher lied to us throughout the year about how good our coursework was, when the other teacher looked at it (a week before the hand in date) it turned out they were all D/E grades .. I still came out with a B somehow.
I guess it's better than last year, when the new teacher didn't teach us any content and just talked about bread all the time.
Literally the first lesson we had with the new teacher, they asked what the main reason for the Russian Revolution was and I said the incompetence of the tsar and they were like 'no it was bread', and this is where it all started.
With media .. well we don't even have real media teachers, they're english teachers. We don't have a classroom for media so all they do is sit there and gossip with the librarian. Also when I asked for help my teachers told me that I can still get into uni if I fail this exam because 'rarely anyone gets their entry requirement grades' er .. not for a Russell group.

I went off on a rant, I apologise. :tongue:
I gave up with school so long ago, I've probably been self teaching myself for about 2 months now.

That's awful! It's cool, I'm always down for listening to a rant :-)

(Bread tho)

That's a terrible attitude for a teacher to have :') I heard Russell Group unis are overrated and that it doesn't mean much anyway. Some of the best universities aren't in the Russell Group.

I've found history teachers in general to be pretty terrible... Or maybe that's just me.
I think I'd just forget sleep no matter when I learnt it :biggrin: Just doesn't stick

Tbh, same here. :tongue:

Original post by Oiseaux
Wow that's early! That sounds like a really interesting topic. Mine is next Friday and is OCR Russia and its Rulers and the essays are a killer since my teacher has given us literally no help :angry:. I've pretty much accepted that I'm getting a C at best though. Ah well you can always cram for it! Good luck with it though, I'm sure they'll both go well :smile:

Ngl, Russia is my favourite (I've applied to study History and Russian at uni). Last year our teacher that taught us Russia left just before Christmas and all our new teacher did was talk about bread :redface: everyone failed the exam because we didn't even know what war communism was! Luckily the resit was about the 1905 revolution which was quite easy. I hope it goes well for you, A2 history is really, really hard. The essay structure for the Holocaust was just a joke, it was all about theories and stuff, and analysing extracts, and picking strengths and weaknesses. You could literally sit the exam without having any knowledge about the Holocaust because it was just some complex historian views and the analysis which mattered.
The grade boundaries may be low if everyone is finding it equally as hard, but as you said your teacher isn't much help. I hope it goes well!
Original post by Protégé
PSYA3 is only three topics right? Relationships, Gender and Cognitive Development in my case.

Yup. Same with unit 4.
Original post by Georginarosee
For issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis.

How many studies do you need to include to get 17 marks?

Have people put IDA in it?

for classification and diagnosis (at least in depression) the a02 marks are given in two halves, half the points should be around reliability and the other half around validity. to get full marks, its a bredth-depth play of, so the more you include the less detail you need to know them in (to a reasonable extent!)
Considering all the controversy surrounding the pharmaceutical industries investment in the DSM5, id definitely put at least one point of IDA in! cultral bias in terms of variation in the perception of symptoms(also in terms of class variation) is another area where you can make good and simple IDA points.
Original post by Nicobella12
Yeah, does anyone know how to answer classifications and diagnosis of phobic disorders? Like what kinda questions they would ask and stuff

Usually it's a 4 marker on one issue with classification and diagnosis, or you can get a full blown 24 marker (satanic)
(Lol have come to accept i am the only person in the world who likes diagnosis and classification questions. though, i think it came up last year?)
Original post by Elle_w
Nope just psych and chem, but I'm so glad that psya4's in the morning so I can forget about in and focus on chemistry 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I guess that's a bonus :-) Don't know what I'd do if unit 3 was in the morning

Latest

Trending

Trending