The Student Room Group

How many languages do you know?

Scroll to see replies

I can fluently speak/read/write three languages which are Urdu, Hindi and English. Almost four since I've almost learnt German to the best of my ability, just need to brushen up my writing/speaking skills. How exciting. :ahee:

I can understand bits of Punjabi and Gujarati.

And can read Arabic.

At basic level can speak French.

That's all. I promise. :lol:

Multilingual if that the word. :h:

It looks pretty good except for the fact that it's multiple choice, which makes it slightly easier than it should be for people - I got B1 in French and I'm pretty sure my limit is ordering from a menu :colondollar:
Original post by GlassyMarbles
It looks pretty good except for the fact that it's multiple choice, which makes it slightly easier than it should be for people - I got B1 in French and I'm pretty sure my limit is ordering from a menu :colondollar:

Yeah I got b1 in spanish, at what level do you think you should be at after a levels?
Original post by KloppOClock
Yeah I got b1 in spanish, at what level do you think you should be at after a levels?

It probably depends on what grade you get. My brother got an A (before the A* existed) in his A Level French and he's basically fluent, I'd say C1, but he worked his arse off for the grades.
Bangla english hindi
Hey guys. I need a suggestion. Someone reply.
Original post by undercxver
I can fluently speak/read/write three languages which are Urdu, Hindi and English. Almost four since I've almost learnt German to the best of my ability, just need to brushen up my writing/speaking skills. How exciting. :ahee:

I can understand bits of Punjabi and Gujarati.

And can read Arabic.

At basic level can speak French.

That's all. I promise. :lol:

Multilingual if that the word. :h:

I beg to disagree :teehee:
:rofl:
Original post by nucdev
I beg to disagree :teehee:
:rofl:

excooz mi sir hu r u????
excooz mi sir hu r u????

Lmfao you should be asking that in Hindi, since I was disagreeing with your claim about being fluent in reading/writing Hindi :tongue:

Spoiler

English French and German
I speak English obviously, a bit of malayalam and spanish
Original post by nucdev
Lmfao you should be asking that in Hindi, since I was disagreeing with your claim about being fluent in reading/writing Hindi :tongue:

Spoiler

I have held a conversation proper conversation with you in Hindi. :hand:

हम शुद्ध हिंदी का उपयोग के बारे में नहीं बात कर रहे थे. परन्तु केवल हिंदी के उपयोग का. :sigh:
Arabic, Urdu and English.

I can understand Urdu but can't speak it fluently whereas Arabic+English I'm perfect in.
I have held a conversation proper conversation with you in Hindi. :hand:

हम शुद्ध हिंदी का उपयोग के बारे में नहीं बात कर रहे थे. परन्तु केवल हिंदी के उपयोग का. :sigh:

LOOOOL and how many times did you use Google Translate to write sentences in Hindi? :mmm:
I suspect even that sentence above was via Google Guru :rofl:

(Btw check your PMs. Enjoy! :toofunny:)
Reply 135
Original post by Imtiaz Ahmed
Hey guys. I need a suggestion. Someone reply.

Hey, what's up? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nucdev
LOOOOL and how many times did you use Google Translate to write sentences in Hindi? :mmm:
I suspect even that sentence above was via Google Guru :rofl:

(Btw check your PMs. Enjoy! :toofunny:)

I told you whenever I used Google Translate par dada ji. Shuddh Hindi isn't for me. :emo:

Nope, I used some website with Urdu on it too so it can help me understand the letters better. On my phone rn, I'll PM you it once I check your PM.

Ok dnt cri :smile:
English French Welsh Romanian and Hungarian, Fluent in all 5
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
English French and German.

And my own language that I call "Beelozoib"

Omg Beelozoib 😂😂😂 that's sounds like some kind of dinosaur actually sounds so cool. Teach me!
English
German
French
Japanese
Punjabi
Urdu
Arabic (kind of)

Quick Reply

Latest