The Student Room Group

I just got turned down for a credit card with lloyds, aMA!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jamesthehustler
of course that was all before the recession though

Yes banks are much harder to get credit from these days. Mind you, seeing as we appear to be on the brink of another one, i thought i best just get in this one last credit card!?!
Original post by john2054
Yes banks are much harder to get credit from these days. Mind you, seeing as we appear to be on the brink of another one, i thought i best just get in this one last credit card!?!

i have to admit i must be one of the few who wants a recession
Reply 22
i have to admit i must be one of the few who wants a recession

Have you got a *short* bet placed? (on the stock market collapsing)? i don't think you're the only one to be honest with you!
Have you got a *short* bet placed? (on the stock market collapsing)? i don't think you're the only one to be honest with you!

i trade gold jewellery it the first source when people need money and i rake it in
Reply 24
i trade gold jewellery it the first source when people need money and i rake it in

do you rent or own or have a mortgage? or any other investments, which could be affected by this crash?
do you rent or own or have a mortgage? or any other investments, which could be affected by this crash?

gold bars, silver bars
a small amount of solid economy shares
Reply 26
gold bars, silver bars

A small amount of shares is neither here nor there. What about your house, do you own or rent or have a mortgage (or live at home)??
Reply 27
gold bars, silver bars

If you own, the prices could go up or down, equally if you have a mortgage, or rent, the value and prices could similarly change. That is why i ask.
A small amount of shares is neither here nor there. What about your house, do you own or rent or have a mortgage (or live at home)??

If you own, the prices could go up or down, equally if you have a mortgage, or rent, the value and prices could similarly change. That is why i ask.

live at home
the metals will rise and the shares have shareholder perks that even if the value was set to crash would still make me keep them
Reply 29
also ive requested this be moved to money and finance as itll be more appropriate.
Reply 30
Original post by Napp
also ive requested this be moved to money and finance as itll be more appropriate.

OK thanks Napp, I'm not very good at directing my threads to the right place, sadly.
Reply 31
OK thanks Napp, I'm not very good at directing my threads to the right place, sadly.

No problem friend, I had many the same issue :smile:
Original post by Napp

It was moved here because he's not asking for advice. It's more of a chat thread, imo.
Reply 33
Original post by Tiger Rag
It was moved here because he's not asking for advice. It's more of a chat thread, imo.

Fair play lthough a duel listing perhapse as it could yeild some advice from other posters about the merits of certain CC's and which to avoid and of course credit scores.
Lloyds declined me twice in person despite me having a decent amount of savings with them, they are quite strict with the income needed to get one, so now i have one with a bad APR from aqua just to get my rating up.
iv got one with capital one :smile:
OP you need to understand about credit ratings and how to improve them.

Run the marbles card for a while by using it and pating if off each month.
You cna improve your rating and hen apply for the Lloyd's one later. Check your credit history from Experian and Call credit, which are the ones that Lloyd's uses.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score
Reply 37
Original post by 999tigger
OP you need to understand about credit ratings and how to improve them.

Run the marbles card for a while by using it and pating if off each month.
You cna improve your rating and hen apply for the Lloyd's one later. Check your credit history from Experian and Call credit, which are the ones that Lloyd's uses.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score

Yes i already had an excellent rating with experian, because i hadn't made any applications for 6 months. Now it will tank however :frown:
I just got turned down for a credit card with lloyds 5 minutes ago, which kind of sucks, and then i straight away applied for one with vanquis and got accepted! YAY...

I have one with Aqua after also getting rejected by Lloyds
Reply 39
yes, i used to have one with aqua too. they are quite good aren't they. i now have two with capital one, one with marbles, one with vanquis and a student overdraft with the co-op.

Quick Reply