The Student Room Group

Same day!!!! AQA Biology Unit 2 and 3

Do you think it is going to be hard having them on the same day?
Are you allowed to leave the room to look at some notes after the first one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, do we start the Unit 3 paper straight away after finishing the Unit 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I did it last year and we did them one after another, we had a 5 minute break in between B2&3 to go to the toilet if we wished but we had to go with an invigilator otherwise we were not allowed to leave the room, had to stay in our seats and remain in silence
Reply 3
Original post by AfcFob
I did it last year and we did them one after another, we had a 5 minute break in between B2&3 to go to the toilet if we wished but we had to go with an invigilator otherwise we were not allowed to leave the room, had to stay in our seats and remain in silence

Which one did you perform better on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DatSmartGuy
Which one did you perform better on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

B3 I got nearly full marks (I think I was 1 mark of full UMS if I remember properly) ALL my unit 3's went better than my unit 2&1's
we can't go out of the room, but i think we sit in the hall and wait for people with extra time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep we can't leave the exam hall! They literally hand us B3 after we have finished B2.
Original post by AfcFob
B3 I got nearly full marks (I think I was 1 mark of full UMS if I remember properly) ALL my unit 3's went better than my unit 2&1's

Wow well done!:biggrin: Did you feel like unit 3 was easier than unit 2 and unit1?
Reply 8
Original post by sunshine774
Wow well done!:biggrin: Did you feel like unit 3 was easier than unit 2 and unit1?

Yeah all my 3's were a lot easier but that's because I enjoyed unit 3 the most

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had this in June 2014 (still can't believe AQA haven't sorted the timings out - at least you do unit 1 before unit 2 and 3 because we did unit 2 and 3 first) but yeah, they pretty much collect up the exam papers and hand out the next ones immediately after
Original post by AfcFob
Yeah all my 3's were a lot easier but that's because I enjoyed unit 3 the most

Yeah same unit 3 is definitely the most interesting, unit 2 is alright and unit 1 is a pile of ****.
Reply 11
Original post by sunshine774
Yeah same unit 3 is definitely the most interesting, unit 2 is alright and unit 1 is a pile of ****.

Agree but I still liked Bio enough to do it at A-Level and I now want to do biomedicine so..
Original post by AfcFob
Agree but I still liked Bio enough to do it at A-Level and I now want to do biomedicine so..

what did you get overall?
Original post by AfcFob

What's the major difference in medicine and biomedicine, if you dont mind me asking? Is it more patient contact in medicine?
Original post by 1jonam16
What's the major difference in medicine and biomedicine, if you dont mind me asking? Is it more patient contact in medicine?

Biomedicine is very much like medicine but without the patient contact element. So a lot of it is very similar but your career would be focused most likely in the labs whereas with medicine you become a doctor
Reply 15
Original post by hello654321
what did you get overall?

I ended up with an A and missed an A* because my coursework was a B
Reply 16
Original post by 1jonam16

Biomed is less patient contact, more lab work and a shorter degree
Original post by AfcFob
I ended up with an A and missed an A* because my coursework was a B

well done :smile: and tbh i hate ISAs i prefer exams as the only part of a course.
Reply 18
its in the revision guide but not on the spec.. do i meed to know how biogas generators work (page 94 of revision guide)

Quick Reply

Latest