The Student Room Group

A-level Chemistry Revision Squad!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mali473
Anybody doing the New AS chem AQA exam on friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaaas. Hi. :biggrin:
So.. much.. Chemistry.. Revision..

Original post by flyingpanda
Yaaaas. Hi. :biggrin:

Heyy you ready for it?
Original post by mali473
Heyy you ready for it?

Mostly, I'd been doing well the whole year, and then the specimen paper's came and ruined my life.

Paper 1 went okay though, and I tend to like Organic more, though.

How about you?
Mostly, I'd been doing well the whole year, and then the specimen paper's came and ruined my life.

Paper 1 went okay though, and I tend to like Organic more, though.

How about you?

Aww I flopped in paper one so paper two is my only hope for a good grade
lol wut.

LOOOL OMG!!! That was a typo!!! This is how you know I dont read over my work :tongue:
I meant "Chemistry is Chemistry" :rofl:
Original post by FemaleBo55
LOOOL OMG!!! That was a typo!!! This is how you know I dont read over my work :tongue:
I meant "Chemistry is Chemistry" :rofl:

Dw, we all know that feel. :rofl:
Reply 727
Could some kind person help me with the following?
Q1. If I change the solid product from an equilibrium mixture, though the equilibrium constant remains the same (as the solid is not included in equilibrium constant equation), would the equilibrium concentrations remain same or would the reaction shift backwards as product is removed?and why?
Original post by Aimen.
Could some kind person help me with the following?
Q1. If I change the solid product from an equilibrium mixture, though the equilibrium constant remains the same (as the solid is not included in equilibrium constant equation), would the equilibrium concentrations remain same or would the reaction shift backwards as product is removed?and why?

Um more product would be produced if the product was removed as it is produced. The position of equilibrium should remain the same. If you post an example ques i might be able to explain it better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 729
Original post by kiiten
Um more product would be produced if the product was removed as it is produced. The position of equilibrium should remain the same. If you post an example ques i might be able to explain it better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Q#11 (d)
Original post by Glavien
How would you name this?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465043976.142321.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

N - ethyl n propyl butanamine ??
Guys if i did bad in my EMPA can i still get an A* overall if my AS grade is a super high A and I do well in A2 units?
Original post by Aimen.
Q#11 (d)

Right. Ill take a look later (just getting ready atm :smile: ) then ill answer you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessyoung
Guys if i did bad in my EMPA can i still get an A* overall if my AS grade is a super high A and I do well in A2 units?

What exam board is this? AQA have stopped EMPA right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiiten
What exam board is this? AQA have stopped EMPA right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah
New spec haven't got empa anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimen.
Q#11 (d)

:/ im really sorry but im not sure how to answer this. Im doing AS AQA chem. Ive done equilibrium and in relation to what you originally asked if you remove the product as its being produced the position of equilibrium will shift so more is being produced. But this question is asking about titrations and the container is sealed.

Maybe someone else might be able to help or you could look at the markscheme. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah
New spec haven't got empa anymore
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah AQA but I'm the last year to do it
Can someone explain the final parts of this question? Where it says "Give the formula of the complex cobalt compound Z that you would expect.."
Attachment not found

Thank you!

(A2 AQA chem)
Original post by Louiseelg0rt
Can someone explain the final parts of this question? Where it says "Give the formula of the complex cobalt compound Z that you would expect.."
Attachment not found

Thank you!

(A2 AQA chem)

Can't open the attachment for some reason! :frown:
Which paper was it from?
Reply 739
Original post by kiiten
:/ im really sorry but im not sure how to answer this. Im doing AS AQA chem. Ive done equilibrium and in relation to what you originally asked if you remove the product as its being produced the position of equilibrium will shift so more is being produced. But this question is asking about titrations and the container is sealed.

Maybe someone else might be able to help or you could look at the markscheme. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, that's totally okay, I got it anyway!
But thanks for trying x

Quick Reply

Latest