The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HELP PLEASE: If there were a 12 mark on aggression for neurotransmitters and hormones , could you just talk about neurotransmitters and not hormones? This is for a 12 marker
Original post by miajohnsonhall
Biological therapies, or classification n diagnosis? I think they're most likely?

Original post by Georginarosee
Okay thank you.
I've talked about validity and reliability + some studies and I have mentioned gender bias and ethical issues.

What are your predictions for depression?

Biological therapies came up last year (on the replacement paper) so I highly doubt it will come up again as an essay.
Original post by Hihihi123
HELP PLEASE: If there were a 12 mark on aggression for neurotransmitters and hormones , could you just talk about neurotransmitters and not hormones? This is for a 12 marker

It depends on how its worded if it explicitly says both you need to do both, if it says atleast one do one.

Unless it specified two different biological explanations of aggression then yes definitely! It would be likely to say "one or more". Just make sure you have enough information but I'm sure you will for neurotransmitters :smile:
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
2 ida points, and then probably around minimum of 4 a02 points

Thanks bro, they like IDA so I was thinking 3 IDA points but thats okay
Original post by NotMolly
Aha :biggrin: Which one have you given up on?

Probably chemistry because I've barely touched it all year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how long do we spend on each question in psya3?
Original post by evekay
how long do we spend on each question in psya3?

About half an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
2 ida points, and then probably around minimum of 4 a02 points

Then so for 8 mark evaluation, it would be 2 a02 points and 1 ida
Original post by brown_eyes
Probably chemistry because I've barely touched it all year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here :frown: Just gonna have to go in and hope for the best and hope there's not too much structure determination or organic synthesis :biggrin:
Original post by brown_eyes
About half an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, but aren't the questions different lengths? So how long for the four marker, then isn't there a 4+16 and 8+16 or something? just dont want to run out of time:smile:
To what extent is it ok to abbreviate in the essays? Is using EP/EZ ok?
Also does AO2 count as evaluating the studies?
I've been doing mocks at home, in timed conditions no notes, and i always pause the time after 30 mins (one essay) and take a hand break for like 2 mins but i realised i wont even have time to do that in the exam! I do sleep in like 32 mins usually, relationships in 26 mins and aggression in 28. That gives me like 4 mins to check over and NO RESTING TIME LOOL! My hand needs to go gym tbh.
Original post by Naveed Rahman
I've been doing mocks at home, in timed conditions no notes, and i always pause the time after 30 mins (one essay) and take a hand break for like 2 mins but i realised i wont even have time to do that in the exam! I do sleep in like 32 mins usually, relationships in 26 mins and aggression in 28. That gives me like 4 mins to check over and NO RESTING TIME LOOL! My hand needs to go gym tbh.

HAHAH this is so true 😂😂😂😂 I never check my answers again there's zero time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone explain how to use the IDA ultimate vs proximate for evolutionary explanations maybe give me an example? Thanks
Does anyone do intelligence and learn Robbie Case for information processing approach?
is AO2 criticism of the study and AO3 IDAS? I'm confused about this because really some of the criticisms and IDAS are the same like the exact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would still do both but obviously cut down the content with fewer supporting studies
Original post by katemate98
Biological therapies came up last year (on the replacement paper) so I highly doubt it will come up again as an essay.

I thought that as well but that is what Loopa has predicted. Going to revise it now.
I'm also revising biological explanation and psychological explanations- even though it came up last year on the original (don't think many people got that paper)
I hope issues of classification and diagnosis comes up.
Original post by hanna23810
How many stages of Piaget's theory (cog&dev) do you need to know in depth?

2-3

Latest

Trending

Trending