Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Freshers 2016 ^^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Shroom
Just firmed my place today - graphic communication and illustration :biggrin:

I firmed for graphic communication and illustration too! I'm thinking about Butler Court for accommodation because it's close to the Design School building
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 101
Original post by Tes273
I firmed for graphic communication and illustration too! I'm thinking about Butler Court for accommodation because it's close to the Design School building

Any uncatered halls with hand basin under 4,000 GBP/ year would be fine for me haha, gotta have money for freshers too. I can't wait to start the year!
Original post by crosj0061
Hi!! I've firmed Loughborough to study psychology and was curious as to who else has? I'm so nervous I'm not going to get in as psychology is a competitive course and they're asking me for AAB. But fingers crossed!

Hi! I'm in exactly the same boat, the course looks so good just hoping to get the grades now! What A-levels are you doing?
Good to hear someone else in the same situation as me! I'm doing psychology, biology and philosophy and ethics! You?
When do people move into halls this year? And when is freshers week?
Good to hear someone else in the same situation as me! I'm doing psychology, biology and philosophy and ethics! You?

Psychology, P.E and Drama and theatre studies, how come you're doing 4?
Philosophy and ethics being one a-level!
Philosophy and ethics being one a-level!

Ah sorry, I didn't process it properly!
Did everyone see the new Guardian league tables? Loughborough is 4th in the country overall. Congratz Loughborough staff! Hope it stays good for the next 4 years :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyone doing Mechanical Engineering like me? Loughborough is 3rd in the UK for that subject.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2016/may/23/university-league-tables-2017
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 109
Hey, I firmed for Banking, Finance and Management, but my offer is conditional. I was wondering if I can reserve a room when I meet my conditions or do I need to wait until mid August? I'm pretty sure I will have nothing left to choose from until then and I am a bit nervous about it. Does anybody know any details about that?
Original post by AnaAnie
Hey, I firmed for Banking, Finance and Management, but my offer is conditional. I was wondering if I can reserve a room when I meet my conditions or do I need to wait until mid August? I'm pretty sure I will have nothing left to choose from until then and I am a bit nervous about it. Does anybody know any details about that?

Hi AnaAnie

Great to hear that you're planning to join us here at Loughborough!

If you have chosen Loughborough as your firm choice, you will be able to register for accommodation on 1st June. Once you have received your results on 18th August and you have met the conditions of your offer (fingers crossed! :wink:), we'll send you a timeslot during which you'll be able to reserve your room.

The process is the same for everyone so you don't need to overly worry about missing out!

Good luck with everything! Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime :smile:

Teresa
Reply 111
Hi!! I've firmed Loughborough to study psychology and was curious as to who else has? I'm so nervous I'm not going to get in as psychology is a competitive course and they're asking me for AAB. But fingers crossed!

Me too! i feel exactly the same! Do you know which accommodation youll be applying for?
Hi everyone, I've just been skimming through these and just wanted to give you all a quick warning that you shouldn't set your heart on any particular accommodation.
When your slot comes up to reserve a room, most 'desirable' places are gone within the first minute, and the rest following shortly after. You're left to fill out a preference form, which means that you may still get your first choice accommodation if it's still available, but it's definitely not a sure thing.
So keep in mind a second and third choice before you go to pick, and snatch one of those up as quick as you can if you don't get your first. It may feel disappointing at the time, but speaking from experience, you'll love wherever you are regardless. Your experience will not be hindered by the place you've been given to stay.

(As a side note, however, if you're not one for being woken up at god knows what time in the morning by drunken shouting/chanting, The Holt is fab. It's no further from lectures than the student village is - except it's a good twenty minutes from the engineering side of things - and I make it to lectures in six minutes, so don't let it being off campus put you off)
Original post by Tes273

Also firmed my place on graphic communication and illustration , did anyone apply to the 4 year course?
Original post by Tes273

Butler Court is an amazing hall! Good Choice!
You can now register for accommodation at https://hallapply.lboro.ac.uk use your UCAS number.
Original post by Agent47_
You can now register for accommodation at https://hallapply.lboro.ac.uk use your UCAS number.

And if you're an unconditional firm then you can already apply... You get your first choice guaranteed before all the conditional firms apply :u:
I'll be there! Economics and Management.
Reply 118
I'll also hopefully be there to do economics and management 🙂
Reply 119
Original post by amyyoups
Also firmed my place on graphic communication and illustration , did anyone apply to the 4 year course?

I did :smile: Both having a job and studying abroad sound nice to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending