The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AllanSmith22
I saw a post with what someone thought would come up (some person that isnt doing elections) but i cant seem to find it and dont know which thread it was in

I think I remember the one you're talking about but I can't remember the question..it's either on this one or the other one but it might be a way back 😴

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyadtr
I can't agree more he really is compared to some of the other dodgy politicians out there!! He might be on the older side but he seems like a nice fella, I have him on snapchat even that makes him seem like a politician that can actually function around normal people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly love him and his snap chat, I'm not afraid to say I'm a corbynista haha, his snaps are quality
Original post by espicton98
also main areas of Labour focus under Corbyn?

off the top of my head (sorry im not doing political parties but hope this helps)

Anti-austerity
Pro-EU
Fair welfare systems
Protection of trade unions
Anti privatisation of public services
Original post by chocolate_cat_99
Here it is. Sorry for the wait, I had to get the file size right. And if you want me to mark your papers I'd be more than happy to, help us both out :smile:

Hey! so I only marked the part on pressure groups as I haven't revised elections!

5 marker - Good use of examples! However, the last sentence was a little waffly. Just a general tip to try and be a bit more clearer in what you mean! = 4/5.

10 marker - First two points were brilliant. However the last point was not very well developed and there was no examples. An additional tip is to link back to the question at the end of each paragraph, as opposed to stopping after the example. It just demonstrates coherence. Also, missing a super quick intro and conclusion. = 6/10

25 marker - Really liked this answer. You had a number of points for and against and your developed paragraphs had lots of examples that were relevant and current. Criticisms are that there was no introduction, which is important in a 25 marker especially - it's basic Level 1. Also, your conclusion could have been a little more developed. Remember to link back to the question at the end of each paragraph!

AO1: 8/8
AO2: 7/9 (could have added another paragraph against to balance it out)
AO3: 6/8 (try to use more top vocab and be more coherent in what you mean and how you express things!)
= 21/25

Overall for Question 3 = 31/40 marks. Well done!
I think I remember the one you're talking about but I can't remember the question..it's either on this one or the other one but it might be a way back 😴

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pressure Groups
- Their importance/how powerful they are
- PGs and Political Participation

Democracy
- Direct democracy (with the focus on referendums)
- Political Participation

Political Parties
- Labour Party and tradition
- Conservative Party and tradition (One Nation/Thatcherism)
- Coalition government and how faithful the parties remained to their ideologies

Here you go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ive found it :smile:
Original post by chocolate_cat_99
For Unit 1, it was as low as 42/80 for an A in January 2009 and 49/80 in june 2010! Unbelievable!

Oh PLEASE LET THE BOUNDARIES BE THIS LOW
ive found it :smile:

Where are they 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloelong
I honestly love him and his snap chat, I'm not afraid to say I'm a corbynista haha, his snaps are quality

So am I 😂 they are! Joey Essex asked him to go clubbing with him but he sadly turned it down, would have been amazing to see corbyn get a lil wild

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are they 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the other thread a few pages back someone quoted it
So am I 😂 they are! Joey Essex asked him to go clubbing with him but he sadly turned it down, would have been amazing to see corbyn get a lil wild

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best thing ever omg, did you see the Ed Miliband snaps?
In the other thread a few pages back someone quoted it

Ahh I see them, cheers for finding them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats the general structure for all three questions?
Original post by espicton98
Main areas of adversary and consensus politics 2015/16 ?

Consensus probably around the EU referendum. David Cameron wants to remain and so does Corbyn.

As for adversary politics you could mention David Cameron and free schools/academies? Corbyn is against those and wants a National Education System modelled on the NHS to provide more fair opportunities to education.
- Additionally, Corbyn and Cameron differ greatly on military intervention. Cameron was a big supporter of the air strikes in Syria whereas Corbyn campaigned heavily against it, he's a national chair of the Stop The War coalition and he believes that the way to peace is "talking with whom you disagree" - not military intervention.
Best thing ever omg, did you see the Ed Miliband snaps?

I've only seen the ones buzz feed did with him, are there anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise12307
Hey! so I only marked the part on pressure groups as I haven't revised elections!

5 marker - Good use of examples! However, the last sentence was a little waffly. Just a general tip to try and be a bit more clearer in what you mean! = 4/5.

10 marker - First two points were brilliant. However the last point was not very well developed and there was no examples. An additional tip is to link back to the question at the end of each paragraph, as opposed to stopping after the example. It just demonstrates coherence. Also, missing a super quick intro and conclusion. = 6/10

25 marker - Really liked this answer. You had a number of points for and against and your developed paragraphs had lots of examples that were relevant and current. Criticisms are that there was no introduction, which is important in a 25 marker especially - it's basic Level 1. Also, your conclusion could have been a little more developed. Remember to link back to the question at the end of each paragraph!

AO1: 8/8
AO2: 7/9 (could have added another paragraph against to balance it out)
AO3: 6/8 (try to use more top vocab and be more coherent in what you mean and how you express things!)
= 21/25

Overall for Question 3 = 31/40 marks. Well done!

Thank you, I knew part b was very waffly and unclear so I shall practice some more. Really helpful! :smile:
Original post by backup1
Whats the general structure for all three questions?

Practically point evidence explain and evaluate for the bigger mark questions
Evidence being contemporary examples

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only seen the ones buzz feed did with him, are there anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah those are the ones, i wish he had snapchat omg
Practically point evidence explain and evaluate for the bigger mark questions
Evidence being contemporary examples

Posted from TSR Mobile

So for the ten markers do we need an intro and conclusion? As my class were told we only needed a conclusion if the question was something like '... is this true?' or 'what is the strongest factor?'.
Yeah those are the ones, i wish he had snapchat omg

What's corbyn's snapchat? Love that guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending