The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucytal
To what extent is it ok to abbreviate in the essays? Is using EP/EZ ok?Also does AO2 count as evaluating the studies?
It's fine to abbreviate as long as you specify at the beginning of your answer, e.g. "endogenous pacemakers (EP) ... exogenous zeitgebers (EZ)". AO2 depends on the question, so if you are asked to discuss research then outlining research would be AO1 and evaluating it would be A02. However, if you're asked to discuss a theory, presenting research to support/contradict the theory is AO2 and evaluating it would be AO3 as long as you link back to the theory. Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Are you learning infradian and ultraradian? as two separate essays.
I'm only doing 4 markers for those, we've been told that an essay for either won't happen
Original post by Oiseaux
Definitely will do since I did Germany for my AS :biggrin:. I've always wanted to watch that actually!
Try condensing one topic's AO1 and AO2 all into one flash card, I find that really helps. For AO1 as long as you have the bare bones you can always expand (aka waffle) :colondollar:

I will try doing that. thanks!
I guess the more difficult parts are the biological explanations, I dropped biology for a reason :colonhash:
I think for eating behaviour the question most likely to come up is about neural mechanisms .. this shall be fun
Reply 2103
Original post by TMC113
I'm only doing 4 markers for those, we've been told that an essay for either won't happen

I was told anything that is mentioned on its own on the spec can be 24 mark questions in theory but its unlikely. It is worth preparing an essay just in case tho? Theres nothing to say it couldnt come up, its just unlikely
can I send someone my essay on endogenous pacemakers to have a look at?
Original post by Georginarosee
I thought that as well but that is what Loopa has predicted. Going to revise it now.
I'm also revising biological explanation and psychological explanations- even though it came up last year on the original (don't think many people got that paper)
I hope issues of classification and diagnosis comes up.

I wouldn't really take Loopa's predictions that seriously, especially if he has predicted an essay from last years paper that just seems stupid to me...
Really??? I hate the diagnosis essay lol but I think it is a possibility as it hasn't been a full essay for a few years. My teacher is predicting biological explanations as I don't think it's come up in a while so that's a good one to revise :smile:
Is it possible they will ask us to write about prosopagnosia for Perception, or will this always come under Bruce & Young's theory?
What page are the predictions on? For aggression, eating and bio rhythms if they are separate :s
Original post by Lucytal
can I send someone my essay on endogenous pacemakers to have a look at?

i pm'd you!:smile:
Original post by Sidneyy12
Guys what is the recommended number of evaluation points you should have for your a02/a03 section? Given that the evaluation paragraphs are developed? ty
I go for 2 evaluation and 2 IDA
Prediction for relationships, biological rhythms and sleep, and eating behaviours please
Original post by katemate98
I wouldn't really take Loopa's predictions that seriously, especially if he has predicted an essay from last years paper that just seems stupid to me...
Really??? I hate the diagnosis essay lol but I think it is a possibility as it hasn't been a full essay for a few years. My teacher is predicting biological explanations as I don't think it's come up in a while so that's a good one to revise :smile:

I know but I don't want to take the risk. Biological therapies is on the AQA website as well.
Issues and classification is the one I know most of as I've used my booklet and loopa e books.
Deffo going to revise biological explanations now.
Original post by cherry1997
i have an A grade model answer on culural influnces on gender i found in my revision guide if anyone struggling i can send it to them

Ohh could I see it !
Does anyone mind looking at my AO1 for narcolepsy and giving some feedback please?
Original post by th_lauren
Prediction for relationships, biological rhythms and sleep, and eating behaviours please

For relationships culture, sexual selection, breakdown and formation have been predicted.

For eating behaviour neural mechanisms, attitudes and both biological & psychological explanations of your studied eating disorder have been predicted.

I don't do sleep though so I don't know the predictions, sorry!
Original post by toetothunder
Does anyone mind looking at my AO1 for narcolepsy and giving some feedback please?

lol I'll post it anyway. All feedback is appreciated please!!
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
from your essay it seems the first part no offence is alot of waffle, i mean i kinda get lost in the essay which is a problem with people who use alot of bigger words and bulk paragraphs only to realise most of it isnt needed.
Itexplains that the adaptive and functional benefits of aggressive behavior mustoutweigh the possible costs and its primary motivation being acquisition ofstatus. To me that doesnt make sense i dont really know the point youre making here?

You talk about aggression as a whole, but its only 3-4 lines from the bottom where you start to mention infedlity and jealousy for your A01 you need to make sure your points are concise and relevant to the question rather than trying to cram everything in

Evolutionists have argued the reproductive challenges faced by our ancestors can explain the aggressive behaviour seen in people today. A male can never be certain he has fathered his wife’s children unless he prevents her from having relationships with other males. This can explain why male sexual jealousy is often cited as a cause of domestic violence and abuse. I would say thats all you need for that your first part,

Thank you so much for taking the time and replying. I dont know but our teachers have given us this model essays and i just tried to write it in my own words. They have emphasized a lot on aggression for status in men therefore i happen to waffle alot at the start. However now that you pointed that out, i realised what needs to be done and thanks for that
Depression predictions now available here on Loopa if anyone is interested: http://www.loopa.co.uk/depression-predictions-june-2016-psya4-aqa-psychology/

Always learn everything to be safe of course.
I've just seen a question that says 'Discuss explanations for insomnia and/or narcolepsy'. Would I be penalised for talking about narcolepsy only, as it does say 'and/or'? I read through the mark scheme but its still quite unclear
Original post by Mephestic
Depression predictions now available here on Loopa if anyone is interested: http://www.loopa.co.uk/depression-predictions-june-2016-psya4-aqa-psychology/

Always learn everything to be safe of course.

Saj for your essay in aggression about jealousy and infidelity there are lots of studies and names that support jealousy first and then talk about status and murder with one or two more studies. Then you have another section for research? Is all this research necessary to gain top marks as some of the first section can be used as A02 evidence.

Latest

Trending

Trending