The Student Room Group

Why do girls pretend to have ridiculously high standards?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForestShadow
Thats not true, cliche as it is, you have something no one else does, whether its your skills/quirks/kindness/curiosity/mindset/ability to see certain things in others, tbh the fact that you dont judge a guy by his looks is already amazing, most ppl inevitably do, so dont put yourself down like that! :h:

also beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Awwww thank you soo much-that means a lot, and that's soo unbelievably nice of you to say! I actually can't stop smiling!! :biggrin:
Reply 21
They just wanna boost their own self-esteem
The problem is if they refuse to talk to people because theyre "only a 5", then unfortunately the prestige has gone one step top far and they should be reminded that theyre not attractive themselves and put back in their place imo
It only takes one look at the "ideal guy" thread to see some of the overly-specific, strange combinations of features that these girls fantasize over
There were some girls on their being very normal too though so its not all bad, and the faux-prestige girls will figure out the deal when nobody wants them anyway
I know I am good looking, I look at myself in the mirror and I know this instantly maaaan!

Plus when the opposite sex will find you attractive, you will know trust me.

They will let you know.

I am not insecure like that, to let someone's opinion swing me to think otherwise. Who themselves is probably insecure anyway.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
****ing love it when people go stating subjective measures as though they're objective fact.

there comes a point where it gets a bit ridiculous though
Original post by hezzlington
there comes a point where it gets a bit ridiculous though

Expecting everybody's idea of beauty to be similar to yours is a bit ridiculous imo
Expecting everybody's idea of beauty to be similar to yours is a bit ridiculous imo

Not really? There's somewhat of a 'universal standard' of attractiveness. Obviously doesnt apply to everyone ofc.

It's usually pretty obvious when somebody is good looking or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not really? There's somewhat of a 'universal standard' of attractiveness. Obviously doesnt apply to everyone ofc.

It's usually pretty obvious when somebody is good looking or not.

We do have the issue of people being overhyped when it comes to looks alone.
idk, they probably like to show they are hard to get and won't just go for 'some guy' so dem guys gotta try their hardest... but I honestly think that's stupid, I personally don't care about men's attractiveness unless I'm watching the vampire diaries.
They say it o their girly friends, but not to males the self because they are scared
Original post by intelligent con
I see so many girls on this site and in real life who seem to refuse to admit that any male is attractive, including celebrities and models asides from one or two of these celebrities they have "crushes" on. I once heard someone claim Brad Pitt was ugly because his nose is too big, and zac efron is 'too feminine'. Seriously I understand not finding them your type but why pretend someone who's attractive is ugly? Small flaws like this do not make someone who's face is otherwise perfect a 2/10.

Also in real life you'll get girls complain that everyone in their sixth form is ugly then end up dating one of these "ugly" boys. It's quite obvious that a lot of girls find more boys attractive than they let on so why exactly pretend you find everyone but 0.1% of the population hideous? I'll admit I'm making a vast generalization here but its behaviour that a LOT of girls seem to engage in so I'm just curious as to why this is.

Girls wont admit it, but they love cock their standards are low as ****

If it doesn't apply to everybody then it's not universal....
If it doesn't apply to everybody then it's not universal....

Majority of people is enough , doesn't need to be everyone.
Some girls just like to act prestige and act like they're hard to get, no need to get so worked up by it. Deep down they know they're not actually that special. :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Some girls just like to act prestige and act like they're hard to get, no need to get so worked up by it. Deep down they know they're not actually that special. :lol:

Get me fan, if they were special they would not be at the bus stop with creased trainers and a dusty weave.

These prestige chicks ain't even got a passport but yet they think they first class
Your bag ain't even real leather n your watch does not even have real gold but yet you think you're prestige
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't get this post at all, in all honesty. Why is so awful for girls to have high standards? You boys are out here looking for some 5'2 girl with a size four waist yet a big booty and chest, blue eyes and blonde hair but still tanned skin... and you STILL expect us to fall for someone that doesn't meet our standards of... what? A tall guy with pretty eyes?

As for what you said about girls not finding "conventionally" attractive men handsome, well, each to their own, y'know? Not everyone finds a particular type of person attractive - some people even find no-one attractive, or only find them attractive after getting to know them.

Finally, what exactly is the optimum amount of "standard" for a girl to have? OP of this thread is saying how girls have too 'high expectations' and they can't be met, and yet another poster is saying that girls don't have any 'standards', slagging them off and calling them whores (I would say that girls also shouldn't be looked down on for being sexual beings, but that's another story...). All in all, you should treat every one decently, irrelevant of who they are or aren't attracted to, or whether or not they're screwing anyone.

TL;DR: Don't slag an entire gender off because you're pissed that you're not getting any. :wavey:
i find that online yes girl will often have unrealistic expectations as they don't probably want to date you
that's it simply
go on a dating site and just constructed a half decent profile
i have and i get at least one message a week for the three or four winks i send
i don't even have a picture and i've been online for about 6 months
My standards are ridiculously high. The person I want does not exist. But I don't want a relationship, so pulling hot, stupid guys is enough to satiate me for now. If you don't want a relationship, personality and intelligence doesn't matter. This is why I never give or take phone numbers.
Original post by alaskayounglives
I don't get this post at all, in all honesty. Why is so awful for girls to have high standards? You boys are out here looking for some 5'2 girl with a size four waist yet a big booty and chest, blue eyes and blonde hair but still tanned skin... and you STILL expect us to fall for someone that doesn't meet our standards of... what? A tall guy with pretty eyes?

As for what you said about girls not finding "conventionally" attractive men handsome, well, each to their own, y'know? Not everyone finds a particular type of person attractive - some people even find no-one attractive, or only find them attractive after getting to know them.

Finally, what exactly is the optimum amount of "standard" for a girl to have? OP of this thread is saying how girls have too 'high expectations' and they can't be met, and yet another poster is saying that girls don't have any 'standards', slagging them off and calling them whores (I would say that girls also shouldn't be looked down on for being sexual beings, but that's another story...). All in all, you should treat every one decently, irrelevant of who they are or aren't attracted to, or whether or not they're screwing anyone.

TL;DR: Don't slag an entire gender off because you're pissed that you're not getting any. :wavey:
Someone obviously didn't read the post. This thread is mainly about E STANDARDS, where people claim to not find people attractive who they know damn well they'd **** in real life. When it comes to the real world, despite what they like to make out, their standards drop dramatically. As for your comment on boys having high standards, the majority seem to shag anything they can get and are quite blunt to other boys about their standards being too high.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Majority of people is enough , doesn't need to be everyone.

No
No

I was referring to attractiveness of a person , if the majority gave a high rating you can say he is more attractive on average , obs subjectivity is present regardless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending