The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 08graya
Here are my practicals: I did a content analysis for child psych and a comparison of 2 articles for criminal :smile: The procedures for my criminal one are really brief so you might want to try bulk them out a bit - I'll try find links to the original articles so you can read them through if that would be useful! :smile: Also, I'll type up key issues for anyone as well as I didn't have to type up practicals :tongue:

OMGG YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!!! SO generous!! I really hope you get an A :wink: I can't rep you enough!!!
Is it okay if you typed up the key issues, if you dont mind! :smile:
Wow your notes are sooo structured and in-depth :smile:
Original post by FemaleBo55
OMGG YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!!! SO generous!! I really hope you get an A :wink: I can't rep you enough!!!
Is it okay if you typed up the key issues, if you dont mind! :smile:
Wow your notes are sooo structured and in-depth :smile:

haha it's not a problem! aww thank you - I hope you get the grade you want as well :biggrin:
not at all, I'll do that now :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by 08graya
I've posted my practical notes - if I have any example answers I'll let you know! But make sure you know the aims for 2 marks, procedures for both 4 and 6 marks (I think), results for 4 marks and conclusions for 2 marks and then be able to evaluate in terms of GRAVE :smile:

Thank you so much you are a life saver!! :h:
Here are the key issue notes - description and explanation (using research evidence) for daycare and reliability of EWT :smile:
Original post by LA2543
Thank you so much you are a life saver!! :h:

No problem :smile:
Original post by 08graya
Here are the key issue notes - description and explanation (using research evidence) for daycare and reliability of EWT :smile:

That's brill! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08graya

May I ask how do you make notes? lool my notes are no where near as good as yours!!!
Doing Child psychology and Health! Anyone have any predictions of what they think may come up?
Does anyone have the key issue "is media the main cause of addiction?" As I am missing notes on both describing and explaining
May I ask how do you make notes? lool my notes are no where near as good as yours!!!

haha, I just type up everything I know and then go back over it with the textbook and add in info I forgot! I've bee writing out notes by hand and making sure that I have a 6 mark description for everything by writing out one mark bullet points that I can use etc :smile:
Original post by 08graya
haha, I just type up everything I know and then go back over it with the textbook and add in info I forgot! I've bee writing out notes by hand and making sure that I have a 6 mark description for everything by writing out one mark bullet points that I can use etc :smile:

How many times do you write or type it out? It takes me like an hour or two to learn like a theory or study (without evaluation) from memory and I still need to cover the whole of health psych lol..
Original post by Trolleybaby
How many times do you write or type it out? It takes me like an hour or two to learn like a theory or study (without evaluation) from memory and I still need to cover the whole of health psych lol..

when I write out stuff by hand I tend to do it 5 times but with the textbook and in my worst handwriting, then I'll write it out once neatly and staple them together and then I'll do it again with no textbook 4 times (messy again) and yeah I tend to spend an hour/ two hours on each theory - I learnt all of child psych (revised it all again) in 5 hours so it is possible before the exam!
Original post by 08graya

Ohh okaay!! :smile:
Have you made notes on Issues and Debates section??? I hate that section of unit 4 :frown: I tend to waffle so much :colonhash:
Ohh okaay!! :smile:
Have you made notes on Issues and Debates section??? I hate that section of unit 4 :frown: I tend to waffle so much :colonhash:

yeah haha I'll upload them - it might not be until tomorrow afternoon though if that's okay?

I hate issues and debates too - especially the debates like is psych a science etc :frown:
Original post by 08graya
when I write out stuff by hand I tend to do it 5 times but with the textbook and in my worst handwriting, then I'll write it out once neatly and staple them together and then I'll do it again with no textbook 4 times (messy again) and yeah I tend to spend an hour/ two hours on each theory - I learnt all of child psych (revised it all again) in 5 hours so it is possible before the exam!

Honestly so relieving to hear we use a similar method to revise, and even more relieving that you covered a whole topic in 5 hours!
Original post by Trolleybaby
Honestly so relieving to hear we use a similar method to revise, and even more relieving that you covered a whole topic in 5 hours!

I'm glad I'm not the only person to revise like this! I was thinking that I must be in a minority!! :smile:
Original post by 08graya
yeah haha I'll upload them - it might not be until tomorrow afternoon though if that's okay?

I hate issues and debates too - especially the debates like is psych a science etc :frown:

Yeah that is fine!! No rush :smile:
OMGGGG YESS!!! I literally hate all the debates section!! -.-
Does anyone have any points for Bowlby's 44 thieves in terms of application and ethics?(for evaluation) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Does anyone have any points for Bowlby's 44 thieves in terms of application and ethics?(for evaluation) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think for application you could say that because maternal deprivation can cause severe & potentially long term effects on emotional development, the research could be used to inform on issues concerning parenting - ie. help mothers make informed decisions on whether they go out to work, placing their child in daycare, etc. Also, because the causes of affectionless psychopathy & emotional/social maladjustment are recognised, earlier intervention can be put in place and help/solutions can be offered.

For ethics - correct me if I'm wrong but i don't think they breached any ethical guidelines.
Hope i helped!
Original post by jazzt
I think for application you could say that because maternal deprivation can cause severe & potentially long term effects on emotional development, the research could be used to inform on issues concerning parenting - ie. help mothers make informed decisions on whether they go out to work, placing their child in daycare, etc. Also, because the causes of affectionless psychopathy & emotional/social maladjustment are recognised, earlier intervention can be put in place and help/solutions can be offered.

For ethics - correct me if I'm wrong but i don't think they breached any ethical guidelines.
Hope i helped!

Nice!!!

I agree that there aren't any apparent ethical issues. If you're desperate for ethical points though, the experimental group were boys referred to his clinic so his priority was to help them and not to just use them as research objects. No names were published in his report = confidentiality maintained.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending