The Student Room Group

I learned a rare lesson - no matter who you are, read this.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlvlVictim
It doesnt matter to the society whether u live long or die tomorrow what matters is your contribution to society living life just for yourself is very selfish just my opinion though

It's selfless not selfish - if you live longer you can help more people, so you aren't living just for yourself.

You could help people for 80 years instead of 40, for example!

And of course, society always needs to advance. I feel that soon enough, you'll see people talking about curing aging.
Original post by King Scorchy
I disagree that a lot of 80 year olds would be offended - it's simply an observation that I'm vocalising! Also, if they want to carry on enjoying what hey have, why not give them more years (even decades more)? Then they can enjoy it a lot more!

You say that not everyone wants to live that long - I would say that, as you grow older, you'll realise they do. I've made this topic because I've felt it first hand and it's really bad - I used to feel something like you do - then I learned this, and it's heartbreaking.

I'm not telling you you shouldn't ride around on motorbikes and eat pizza, I'm just telling you that from experience you'll enjoy yourself much more if you live longer and healthier - 120 years of enjoyment VS 80? The maths are simple! And even then, what about 80 years of bliss VS 80 years of contentedness? We can get these things if we try.
You disagree on things that I've been told by the people you're claiming to speak for... to be honest, I stopped reading there.

I'm very sorry you feel you've wasted your life. But don't take it upon yourself to tell other people how to live theirs.
Original post by Tootles
You disagree on things that I've been told by the people you're claiming to speak for... to be honest, I stopped reading there.

I don't disagree exactly, I just feel that it's not 'alot' and more like 'a few' or 'some'.

Original post by Tootles
I'm very sorry you feel you've wasted your life. But don't take it upon yourself to tell other people how to live theirs.

I don't feel that I've wasted my life. I've enjoyed my life big time and every day I feel like I'm in heaven on Earth - and I want to enjoy it for as long as possible.

I see what you're saying, however I feel you've misunderstood me - it would only be right to tell people how to enjoy themselves even more!
Original post by King Scorchy
I don't disagree exactly, I just feel that it's not 'alot' and more like 'a few' or 'some'.
It's most of the people I've spoken to.

I don't feel that I've wasted my life. I've enjoyed my life big time and every day I feel like I'm in heaven on Earth - and I want to enjoy it for as long as possible.

I see what you're saying, however I feel you've misunderstood me - it would only be right to tell people how to enjoy themselves even more!
No, I haven't. I've understood you entirely: you've worked your **** out finally and want everyone else to feel like you. But it isn't a gospel to be preached, it's something which - if people want to learn it - people need to learn for themselves.

And that is the life lesson that's most important: the horse has already been led to the water. It's the horse's place to drink, not yours to hold its head under.
Original post by Tootles
It's most of the people I've spoken to.

No, I haven't. I've understood you entirely: you've worked your **** out finally and want everyone else to feel like you. But it isn't a gospel to be preached, it's something which - if people want to learn it - people need to learn for themselves.

And that is the life lesson that's most important: the horse has already been led to the water. It's the horse's place to drink, not yours to hold its head under.

If you never tell someone how good something is, they might never know. I would want to know if something was really good!

I'm not forcing it upon anybody.

Quick Reply

Latest