The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurat787
If anyone wants to be in a revision group add me on whatsapp and I'll add you in: 07867120626
So people can share tips, help and I have quite a few Loopa essays if anyone needs them! x

I'd like to be in the group please :smile:

Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I think it's together but it came up last year so I doubt It will this year tbh, I've only learnt 4 marks of ao1 myself

Okay thank you :biggrin:
Original post by кяя
Are any of you using Loopa for psych question predictions? He marks 3 or 4 qs which are most likely to come up on each topic. I'm literally only using that to guide me, would be too much to revise for everything. Let's hope to hell he's right.

Yes! I definitely am using his predictions for sure, way too much in all the topics to study in detail for.

I'm using his predictions for aggression, bio rhythms & sleep and eating behaviour for unit 3:biggrin:
Original post by toetothunder
Ok, Thanks! Do you think they could be mean and give a 24 marker for only 1 sleep disorder?

Nah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marli-Ruth
How many people you got so far?
Might be interested in this!x

I'm just setting it up now, about 5 so far, but the more the better :smile:

If you are interested add me on Whatsapp and I'll add you in: 07867120626
Original post by Mephestic
Hey! Well spotted - Seems like I misread it. I had another look with this factored in and I'm still happy to stick to my 3 frontrunners I've highlighted however I've changed the order of priority for them.

Biological explanations becomes my second choice now and therapies pushed below. Issues with classification remains my frontrunner however.

Appreciate you letting me know.

You're welcome man! Keep up the good work :smile:
Reply 2166
I'm just setting it up now, about 5 so far, but the more the better :smile:

If you are interested add me on Whatsapp and I'll add you in: 07867120626

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone wants to be in a revision group add me on whatsapp and I'll add you in: 07867120626
So people can share tips, help and I have quite a few Loopa essays if anyone needs them! x

Yh please, can I check out the loopa essays please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it worth learning the essays that appeared in 2015 paper???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
Yes! I definitely am using his predictions for sure, way too much in all the topics to study in detail for.

I'm using his predictions for aggression, bio rhythms & sleep and eating behaviour for unit 3:biggrin:

For me it's PSYA3 -- Aggression, Gender, Relationships
PSYA4 -- Media, Depression, Research Methods

Does he come out with predictions for research methods?

Also apparently the most likely question for depression is: "Issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis of depression" ewwwwwwwwwwwww
Original post by кяя
For me it's PSYA3 -- Aggression, Gender, Relationships
PSYA4 -- Media, Depression, Research Methods

Does he come out with predictions for research methods?

Also apparently the most likely question for depression is: "Issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis of depression" ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Tbh aggression isn't too bad, just hoping for biological explanations like he suggested, hate evolutionary ew

I don't think he does research methods predictions, just bc research methods is so broad, and the study they have in the exam is going to be different every time too.

Omg I saw those predictions today and legit groaned at the thought of issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis... its so different to the rest!!
Reply 2171
How is everyone memorising the essays? I'm only using Loopa's predictions which cuts it down, but I'm finding impossible to remember them.. I haven't memorised one yet! Help!
Original post by Olijm
How is everyone memorising the essays? I'm only using Loopa's predictions which cuts it down, but I'm finding impossible to remember them.. I haven't memorised one yet! Help!

Write them out, then make a sort of "skeleton" condensed version, then input key studies and terms in a Quizlet set. Then go over that, and try to write out the essays without any help.

Iit's pointless to try to memorize it ALL completely, it won't work. The brain is great at connecting the dots -- learn the key stuff, go over them a lot and sleep well then do ya best.
Reply 2173
Original post by кяя
Write them out, then make a sort of "skeleton" condensed version, then input key studies and terms in a Quizlet set. Then go over that, and try to write out the essays without any help.

Iit's pointless to try to memorize it ALL completely, it won't work. The brain is great at connecting the dots -- learn the key stuff, go over them a lot and sleep well then do ya best.

Thank you!
Are people gonna bother learning all the essays ? As in even the 24 markers that came up in last years paper and probably unlikely to appear again ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long should an answer to a four mark question be to gain full marks?
Is anyone revising the essays that came up last year. Aswell does anyone know the predictions for aggression, sleep and relationships?
Reply 2177
How many evaluation points have people used? and how long is everyones A01? Its only 8 marks for A01 but for some questions its also as long as A02? Should A01 be kept breif?
Original post by Daisy May
How long should an answer to a four mark question be to gain full marks?

I've seen people say half a page is ideal for four mark questions. About 5 mins should be ideal
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Olijm
How many evaluation points have people used? and how long is everyones A01? Its only 8 marks for A01 but for some questions its also as long as A02? Should A01 be kept breif?

Roughly a side of writing - so about 300 words

Latest

Trending

Trending