The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I'm in the same position but I'm just wondering if it's necessary for me to mention the exact dates to get an A*.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

No. It's not necessary. Just state the year. But if you know the exact date say it. It will show the person you know when it happened but in the mark scheme there is no mention of knowing the exact and specific date
Reply 61
I hope that the soviet invasion in Afghanistan comes up. I'd be so happy if that happens.
Also what questions do you find the hardest? I find the 10 mark quite tedious and hard to start of with tbh. I waste too much time understanding the sources
Reply 62
Anyone else doing Section 1, 2 and 3? I'm really nervous as there are some holes in my knowledge; mainly because I can't remember some of the dates and get muddled up under pressure. I scored an A in my course work though, hopefully I get A in paper one and A in paper two!
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Yeah it'll be that exact format; haven't you done the 15 markers before? It's pretty much 3 x 5 marks as each one is separate to the other, I think it asks for the significance of four events and you have to choose three of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh OK, good to know ours will be the same as last year as well. Thanks so much :smile: I'll go practise the 15 marker now I think...good luck tomorrow!
Reply 64
Original post by BeNotAfraid
For the cold war i made this presentation and it is attached to this massage but if you cant access it, it is also on get revising

Here's the link:
https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/outline-of-the-cold-war

hope this helps:smile:

you just about saved my life thank you :smile: honestly I would have died without this
Does anyone know how long we should spend, roughly, on each question?? E.g. would you say 10 mins on an 8 mark question is good? I'd really appreciate any help with this as I'm worried about running out of time!
Original post by Wisbey
Anyone else doing Section 1, 2 and 3? I'm really nervous as there are some holes in my knowledge; mainly because I can't remember some of the dates and get muddled up under pressure. I scored an A in my course work though, hopefully I get A in paper one and A in paper two!

Ah I'm really confused, I thought everyone did the same paper and there are only 2 sections to it, Section A and Section B -- what do you mean? :smile:
Reply 67
What does everyone think will come up?
Reply 68
Original post by RevisionGuide
Past papers help a lot. But you also need to know the structure of all your answers for the different questions on each paper.

where are the past papers???? D: the edexcel website is messing with my head, please provide the link?
Reply 69
I'm going over my revision notes and the exam questions in the textbook - I would recommend that!

Also, make sure you don't miss anything from the book because they can make a question come up from something so much as a few bullet points in the book

I got A* in my controlled assessment :smile: and hopefully the paper tomorrow with be easy - or at least not too hard :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by gro
where are the past papers???? D: the edexcel website is messing with my head, please provide the link?

there is only one past paper which is 2015

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/History/2009/Exam-materials/5HA01_01_que_20150601.pdf
Original post by KAK123
I'm going over my revision notes and the exam questions in the textbook - I would recommend that!

Also, make sure you don't miss anything from the book because they can make a question come up from something so much as a few bullet points in the book

I got A* in my controlled assessment :smile: and hopefully the paper tomorrow with be easy - or at least not too hard :smile:

When you say the book do you mean the Edexcel revised edition ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Reply 72
Original post by Mk2258
What does everyone think will come up?

its hard to say considering there has only been one previous past paper

I don't think the last question will be on the Key Topic Three, because it was last year
Reply 74
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
When you say the book do you mean the Edexcel revised edition ?

yep, the book you study from. It has ALOT of information in it. Also on the side it had Exam Tips as well as exam practise questions which really help
Reply 75
Original post by grace143
Ah I'm really confused, I thought everyone did the same paper and there are only 2 sections to it, Section A and Section B -- what do you mean? :smile:

section I is how did the cold war develop

section 2 is three cold war crises: Berlin, Cuba and Czech

section 3 is why did the cold war end

mostly section 3 came up last year i.e the carter doctrine , but bays of pigs came up as a key features question

I feel like the arms race hasnt been covered and that might be, in which case revise dates and names!!!
Reply 76
Original post by Undec
No. It's not necessary. Just state the year. But if you know the exact date say it. It will show the person you know when it happened but in the mark scheme there is no mention of knowing the exact and specific date

i think if its not hard for you then you should. Knowing the specific date rather than the year differentiates you between and A* student and and A student
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by RevisionGuide
Would it be more useful to revise structure of answers first, then all the key facts?

i would say once you know all the key facts, focus on how to answer the question by doing practise questions. You'll be using your learnt facts and also be learning how to structure your answer

I've attached tips on how to answer each question :smile:
Reply 78
Exam Question tips
Reply 79
Original post by Wisbey

I would suggest making a timeline and then also listing out all of the presidents with their years next to them. Students mix up presidents with dates

By memorising your timeline, it will help you ALOT in the last question which is worth the most marks

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending