The Student Room Group

ISIS publicly burns alive 19 Kurdish women for rejecting sex slavery

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Listers
Hahahhahahahaha

Original post by Jebedee
Depends on your definition of "mass". I would consider CIA HQ shootings and embassy bombings as mass. Just as the definition of a "mass shooting" is 4 victims or more.

So you're saying you are completely ready to disregard all statistics based on the fact that they haven't personally asked every single person. Absolutely ludicrous. They do not just pluck their sample out of nowhere, they take representative samples from each region. Pew poll is considered gold standard as far as statistics go.

If that is your standard of evidence then would you argue that most muslims are peaceful? If so then you must have personally spoken to over half of the world's muslims to ask for their beliefs.

Bear in mind that even IF these polls have a large error margin, they still say the same thing!

Are you seriously arguing that a population sample of 39000/1,600,000,000 is a representative sample? B**** please. I don't have a bias I go by facts, figures and logic.
My logic dictates if there are 1.6bn people of one faith and people like you claim their religion is violent. Why haven't they wiped us off the face of the planet yet? They had plenty of chances during the "golden" age of Islam. When the Ottomans controlled Europe.

You guys haven't yet managed to convince me otherwise.

Who says Pew is gold standard of research? Have a look at their biggest donators.
Original post by Withengar
Of course you're going to say this. Evil always thinks it's doing right.

I have read all three most popular religions scripts, and some of their additions and extras, like the Hadiths for the Quran. But, it's not just about the texts, isn't it? It's about what the followers think. So, I have spoken to Jews, Muslims and Christians of various denominations in multiple countries.

Without failure, the more religious a person is, the more likely they're going to be sexist, homophobic and generally intolerant of others. This isn't just baseless speculation, this is fact. A fact propagated by religious leaders in most major religions.

I'm not going to engage in pointless, moronic ad-hominem exchange with you. I have facts and statistics on my side. So, to prove my point, I'll show you some notable statistics about the daily evil of Islam.

First of all, we have apostasy, or rather, the abandonment of Islam or changing to a different religion. Anywhere from 30% to 90% of people in Muslim-majority countries believe a person should be executed, yes, executed for apostasy. Killed. Because they changed their mind. The percentage of people in Muslim-majority countries who believe you should be punished for apostasy, by execution or other means (such as imprisonment) reaches anywhere from 50 to an almost universal 100% in Muslim-majority countries.

Second of all, rights of LGBTQ people. Almost all countries which oppose the 2011 resolution for the rights of LGBT are Muslim-majority countries. Seven countries still exercise capital punishment for homosexuality, all of them Muslim-majority - namely Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Afghanistan, Mauritania, Sudan, and northern Nigeria. However, others still impose other punishments, such as fines or imprisonment - Qatar, Algeria, Uzbekistan, and the Maldives,just to name a few.

Finally, and very importantly - women's rights. The majority of countries which oppose article 5 of CEDAW (Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women) are Muslim-majority countries. The article is specifically designed to protect women from harmful and violent religions and/or cultural practices. On the same note of violence, anywhere from 31% (the Maldives) to over 90% (Afganistan, Jordan) of women are lead to believe that violence against them done by a male relative, usually a husband, is permissible and legal.

You are the one who is ignorant. Blinded by religion and dumbfounded by it. I have solid facts, truth on my side. You, however, are guided by sentiment and emotional attachment to your devious faith and are clearly brainwashed. I'm not going to try to convince you, but the fact is - Islam, both in written form and practice is evil, prejudiced, sexist, homophobic and opposed to everything and anyone with a different belief.

You can try to spread your toxic dogma as much as you want, but, in the end, human rights and dignity will prevail. Period.

I guess you didn't even read the article.
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/koran-carla-power/

This article clearly explains what MOST Muslims forget. Even this scholar, a prominent scholar who memorised the Qur'an, the hadith and many other Muslim references, says that Muslim men who think they are more superior to women haven't even read the Qur'an properly. If I'm brainwashed then wouldn't I not question the way things work. I question my own religion and condemn violence. The thing is you keep talking about religion based on facts and statistics but the thing is even facts and statistics in themselves can be unreliable. Are those facts and statistics taken by every single Muslim in the world, nope. It would be better if you brought be facts and statistics compared to a educated Muslim person to an uneducated Muslim person then we can compare the such.

In reality, there is no such thing as a religious leader. Let's look at Saudi Arabia for example, it is considered to be one of the most Islamic countries in the world but you see many Muslims that do un-Islamic activities. So surely you can't say these people are religious when they can't even incorporate their religious knowledge into place. Therefore this point you are raising is clearly flawed.

I noticed something that those countries you stated are from a high percentage of Muslims therefore surely they would hold those views. You didn't give me any facts and statistics from Muslims living in the West so this point you are raising is entirely invalid. For example, if you didn't live in a multi-cultural area and your country has a high percentage of Christians. Your country has strict Christian rules. The norms and values of your country is to read the Bible and follow Jesus' teachings. If non-Christians decide to come and settle in your country, wouldn't you use your teachings against them. You would condemn them. Of course, there would be a small percentage of people who think we should live in harmony but this will not prevail as the majority hates those non-Christians. So there is no point saying Islam is a bad religion when you don't know the full reason why these people act like that. It's because of the working of the system through the norms and values not religion.

I bet you read bits of the Quran and the Hadith and you picked out verses you liked. If you read all religious scriptures in depth as I clearly emphasised then you wouldn't be so ignorant. I would like to state that the original Bible was very similar to the Qur'an and unlike the Qur'an, the Bible has been changed over time. So if you disregard Islam, you disregard Christianity also.

Finally, I would like to emphasise strongly that when you actually read the Qur'an, the Hadith, become an expert in Arabic, Fiqh, Tawheed and Islamic History then come back to me and say sorry as well as repenting to God for being such an ignorant fool.
Original post by Withengar

Without failure, the more religious a person is, the more likely they're going to be sexist, homophobic and generally intolerant of others. This isn't just baseless speculation, this is fact. A fact propagated by religious leaders in most major religions.

I have to disagree here. Your perspective or anyone's on how "religious" a person is is subjective due to comparing the acts of an individual to a religion with multiple interpretations and understandings.

I forgot which terrorist attack it was (can look it up if you want) but the suicide bombers which did take part actually went to strip clubs beforehand (lol), which is haram ofc. Despite their intolerant acts which followed after, it doesn't hide the fact they weren't exactly "religious".

Overall, I personally think it's lack of education and lack of a scholarly leadership which agrees with the consensus. A four year degree in Islamic studies and a membership in ISOC doesn't really make one cut out to be a leader.
Original post by Defraction
I guess you didn't even read the article.

This article clearly explains what MOST Muslims forget. Even this scholar, a prominent scholar who memorised the Qur'an, the hadith and many other Muslim references, says that Muslim men who think they are more superior to women haven't even read the Qur'an properly. If I'm brainwashed then wouldn't I not question the way things work. I question my own religion and condemn violence. The thing is you keep talking about religion based on facts and statistics but the thing is even facts and statistics in themselves can be unreliable. Are those facts and statistics taken by every single Muslim in the world, nope. It would be better if you brought be facts and statistics compared to a educated Muslim person to an uneducated Muslim person then we can compare the such.

In reality, there is no such thing as a religious leader. Let's look at Saudi Arabia for example, it is considered to be one of the most Islamic countries in the world but you see many Muslims that do un-Islamic activities. So surely you can't say these people are religious when they can't even incorporate their religious knowledge into place. Therefore this point you are raising is clearly flawed.

I noticed something that those countries you stated are from a high percentage of Muslims therefore surely they would hold those views. You didn't give me any facts and statistics from Muslims living in the West so this point you are raising is entirely invalid. For example, if you didn't live in a multi-cultural area and your country has a high percentage of Christians. Your country has strict Christian rules. The norms and values of your country is to read the Bible and follow Jesus' teachings. If non-Christians decide to come and settle in your country, wouldn't you use your teachings against them. You would condemn them. Of course, there would be a small percentage of people who think we should live in harmony but this will not prevail as the majority hates those non-Christians. So there is no point saying Islam is a bad religion when you don't know the full reason why these people act like that. It's because of the working of the system through the norms and values not religion.

I bet you read bits of the Quran and the Hadith and you picked out verses you liked. If you read all religious scriptures in depth as I clearly emphasised then you wouldn't be so ignorant. I would like to state that the original Bible was very similar to the Qur'an and unlike the Qur'an, the Bible has been changed over time. So if you disregard Islam, you disregard Christianity also.

Finally, I would like to emphasise strongly that when you actually read the Qur'an, the Hadith, become an expert in Arabic, Fiqh, Tawheed and Islamic History then come back to me and say sorry as well as repenting to God for being such an ignorant fool.

Yes, just casually disregard everything I said and continue to blabber on with your pointless dogma and ad-hominem insults. When my argument is solid and without holes, you resort to your dogmatic ******** that is nothing more then you spewing Islamic, prejudiced dogma out of your mouth.

I don't need, nor does anyone have to become an expert in thirty different fields to understand violence, prejudices and wrong-doings of Islams and Muslims. You rejecting that is only further proof of your brainwashed stupidity and lack of any common sense. As an atheist, I despise and reject any and all religious dogma. Which is something I mentioned in my first post, but since you religious people are allergic to facts, you ignored it.

If you want facts and statistics about British and Western Muslims, how about the fact that almost 60% of British Muslims think that homosexuality should be illegal, or that almost 40% think that they should be isolated so that they can live in their own Sharia community?

Ignore facts all you want, they're going to outlive you.
Original post by AlvlVictim
We should try to educate him because tomorrow he will be saying the same bs in another thread

Because it will still be in the quran and hadith

Only muslims themselves can make this go away and that is by throwing out parts of the quran and all of the hadith

Till then this will be on every thread highlighting when 'Islamic' justified backwardness is perpetrated (hell the OP is a good example)

But reading the OP another day another atrocity

allah sodding akbar.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
You have some nerve calling him ignorant with the ******** you are spewing
Try reading sura 4:24, 23:6 and 33:50. They all state, quite clearly, that it is permitted to have sex with your female slaves.
Confirmed by Muhammad. From sahih Bukhari
We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah's Apostle about it and he said, "Do you really do that?" repeating the question thrice, "There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection."

Note that when the companions told Muhammad that they were raping the female captives, he did not tell them to stop, only that trying to avoid impregnating them was pointless, due to Allah's predetermination.

Or from Abu Dawud
They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of Apostle of Allaah were reluctant to have relations with the female captives because of their pagan husbands. So, Allaah the exalted sent down the Qur’anic verse 4:24 “And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hand posses.”

Do you have any evidence from the Quran, or from sahih hadith, that female slaves must not be used for sex? Because if you have not, the matter is clear.

Spoiler

Original post by champ_mc99

I forgot which terrorist attack it was (can look it up if you want) but the suicide bombers which did take part actually went to strip clubs beforehand (lol),

I asked a scholar about this

the answer is simple god judges you against you bad and good deeds (and he can in some circumstances forgive all sins). Now they thought fighting jihad was the best deed and dying fighting jihad was the Top Trumps of Best deeds so any sins would be tiny in comparison

Also we are regally told before terrorist attacks the attackers try and make themselves look as western as possible and behave as western as possible but know Allah would forgive and it may their off the security services.

See it so easy to fool the gullible if you tell them this is how god works
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
First of all I am a muslim
From the evidence of debating with Muslims on TSR and elsewhere, it seems that many are completely unaware of parts of the Quran and sunnah. They seem to be fed a version of Islam that is cherry-picked and sanitised to avoid reference to things like slavery, sex slaves, wife beating, gender discrimination, religious and sexual oppression, etc.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I asked a scholar about this

the answer is simple god judges you against you bad and good deeds (and he can in some circumstances forgive all sins). Now they thought fighting jihad was the best dead and dying fighting jihad was the Top Trumps of Best deeds so any sins would be tiny in comparison

Also we are regally told before terrorist attacks the attackers try and make themselves look as western as possible and behave as western as possible but know Allah would forgive and it may their off the security services.

See it so easy to full the gullible if you tell them this is how god works

Probably was that.
Original post by Themini
Are you seriously arguing that a population sample of 39000/1,600,000,000 is a representative sample? B**** please. I don't have a bias I go by facts, figures and logic.

Who says Pew is gold standard of research? Have a look at their biggest donators.

I do worry when on a student forum I read thing like this.
What is sahih bukhari? could u type out the hadith(if u even know what that is) that encourages rape and all the other ******** u just said

If you're questioning that Islamic scripture condones sexual slavery, then you obviously aren't very well versed in your religion:

Qur'an 33:50 - 'O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war ...'

Qur'an 70:27-30 (ish) - and those who fear the displeasure of their Lord—for their Lord’s displeasure is the opposite of Peace and Tranquility - and those who guard their chastity, except with their wives and the (captives) whom their right hands possess—for (then) they are not to be blamed.

There are numerous other references to this 'right hand possesses' - meaning captured in war - justification; for instance, there's a verse where Allah declares it isn't adultery to have sex with one who was obtained in this way and who is married. This finds its historical justification in Sunan Abu Dawud 2:2150.

As for other Hadiths, there is Sahih Muslim 8:3371 and 8:3384. I'm pretty sure there are others, but that should suffice to prove the point. As for evidence:

http://hadithcollection.com/sahihmus...mber-3371.html
https://muflihun.com/muslim/8/3384
http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2009...awud-2150.html
http://quran.com/33/50
http://quran.com/70/26
Reply 53
Original post by Themini
Have you read any of the holy texts? Or any books for that matter? You sound very simple minded, much like a dim-witted 5 year old. Reading texts which are that old is not a justification for their acts.
You are clearly not familiar with the nature of Islamic ideology.
The Quran is regarded as not only the actual, dictated word of god, but also as immutable and infallible.
That means that it is perfect in its entirety and is all as applicable and acceptable as it was when it was written 1400 years ago.
To reject even a single verse of the Quran is to commit an act of kufr, rendering you no longer a Muslim. There is an Islamic principle that anything that Allah has declared halal (permitted), no man can declare haram (forbidden).
The whole point of ISIS is that they claim to be practicing the true, pure, and undiluted version of Islam, as laid down in the Quran and sunnah. And it is their duty to spread that pure version of Islam - by force if necessary, as prescribed in the Quran and sunnah.

So, if that was to much writing for you to understand...If Islam book says it ok, it always ok.
The Kurds should go blow them up. They are fighting them, more should be done but as always bastard Arab nations don't only support IS but pretend they hate them. Sunni ******s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QE2
From the evidence of debating with Muslims on TSR and elsewhere, it seems that many are completely unaware of parts of the Quran and sunnah. They seem to be fed a version of Islam that is cherry-picked and sanitised to avoid reference to things like slavery, sex slaves, wife beating, gender discrimination, religious and sexual oppression, etc.

On the other hand my experience shows maybe you ppl are the ones who take incomplete verses,verses out of context and cherry pick and make whatever of the hadith that suits your interpretation of the religion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Themini
Don't worry he lost the argument when he first posted his comment. I pretty much destroyed him in one comment and showed him how flawed his argument is.
Oh, did you now?

Mr Irony, allow me to introduce you to Themini. It seems that you may be spending some time together.

I'm sick of people claiming all Muslims should apologise of these acts committed by the minoiri, its got nothing to do with them, so Muslims out there! You've got nothing to apologise for!
Not this tired old strawman again?
I have never seen anyone demanding that all Muslims apologise for the actions of ISIS.
What I have seen though, is people demanding that Muslims accept that ISIS use Islamic ideology and scriptural quotes to justify their actions, and to reject those passages that are clearly used to justify barbarity and oppression (something that they always fail to do, due to reasons described earlier).

And BTW, when there are Jewish and Christian terrorist organisations using passages from the Torah and Old Testament to justify their actions, they will be asked the same questions. And they will also be asked to reject those passages
(which most already have or would be willing to do - because those scriptures are not the infallible and immutable word of god).
Original post by Defraction
Well done this is the words from our most precious needed people in society, the ignorant. Have you learnt the Quran or the Bible or the Vedas or the Torah or the Guru Granth Sahib or any other religious scripture in full meaningful detail? I guess not.

There is no point blaming on what happens in society on ideologies when it's fact all down to our own free-will. For example, Hitler made sure non-Aryans were not part of the German population and ruined their sanity by abusing them in disgusting, vile ways. It wasn't down to his own ideologies but rather he had the freedom to make it happen. Or when IS kill people every single day even people who are Muslim not because of their own personal ideologies whether it be religious or not because they have the freedom to make it happen.

How dare you accuse Islam as having no peace. It's not like I say that Christianity or Judaism or perhaps Hinduism are all pathetic religions and manipulate people. I have great friends that come from a wide range of religions and I don't think I'm better than them because I'm from a better religion. The basic fundamental that people ignore about the Qur'an is that it is written in Old Arabic, Arabic that is much different from the one spoken now. One word equates to many meanings even when you change or take away a word in a sentence. For you to fully understand what it is saying, you must look deeply at the meaning. I enjoy reading this article which explains what people miss from what is said in the Quran, which talks about gender misconceptions

Peace can only be obtained when people learn how to co-operate with each other regardless of race, gender, religion, age etc. In this rate, the world is far from peaceful as people like yourself feel the need to blame everything on religion. You don't know what all religions say so you can't blame everything on Islam. Until you fully read the Qur'an, the Hadith and become a master in Islam then you can state your point. So far, I condemn you as an ignorant person that is the basic fundamental of our society.

What an absolute confused idiot, stop chanting about your disgusting religion, nothing you say to anyone with a brain cell will EVER think the same or agree with you. Better Religion? All are the same Harry Potter ********
Reply 58
Original post by Themini
How do you know what the general beliefs of 1.6bn-1.9bn Muslims are? I wont call you a racist, but i'll definitely call you ignorant and simple minded since you lack any cognitive ability to use reasoning or logic.
Well...we could have a look in the Quran (and sunnah for Sunnis). After all, that is what all Muslims believe. No exceptions, no variations, no omissions.

You can pick any line from the Quran, at random, and without knowing which one it was, any Muslim would categorically say that they believe it.

If Muslim beliefs lead to terrorism, why were they not committing terrorist acts in the 1980s??
The Islamist terrorism issue is a bit of a red herring. The real issue with Islamic ideology is its violent, intolerant and discriminatory elements (Note: it also has peaceful, tolerant and egalitarian elements).

Basically, Islam is in desperate need of a reformation and enlightenment, but unfortunately it is moving in the opposite direction.

Case in point, we have members of the TSR ISOC (who are presumably in higher education, many of them British) who claim that - under the appropriate conditions - wife beating, stoning adulterers and executing apostates is still acceptable and appropriate, based purely on the content of Islamic scripture. These are not ISIS fighters or "Mad Mullahs" from Saudi, but young, educated Europeans!

Find me Christians or Jews on TSR who regard their scriptures in the same way, and I'll accept that it is not a uniquely Islamic problem.
Seems like you're more interested in the twisted religion of ISIS than Islam or any other abrahamic faith. Doesn't take a genius to google, copy and paste some racist BS out of context arguments against Islam. Do us all a favour and keep your racist, narrow minded and pointless arguments off the site and get back to revision mate.

<<QUOTE>>

Rape

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess.
Quran 4:3

They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution: So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean. But when they have purified themselves, ye may approach them in any manner, time, or place ordained for you by Allah.

"Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) so go to your tilth as ye will, and send (good deeds) before you for your souls, and fear Allah, and know that ye will (one day) meet Him. Give glad tidings to believers, (O Muhammad)."

Quran 2:222-223

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I entered the Mosque and saw Abu Said Al-Khudri and sat beside him and asked him about Al-Azl (i.e. coitus interruptus). Abu Said said, "We went out with Allah's Apostle for the Ghazwa of Banu Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus. So when we intended to do coitus interrupt us, we said, 'How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah's Apostle who is present among us?" We asked (him) about it and he said, 'It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul (till the Day of Resurrection) is predestined to exist, it will exist."

Sahih Bukari 5:59:459

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah her pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hanain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace te upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (iv. 24)" (i. e. they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).

Sahih Muslim 8:3432.

And there's many many more. Do you want me to post more or move on to Islam justifying murder?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending