The Student Room Group

Edexcel History: Medicine predictions?

Exam is tomorrow, I'm hoping that C19th Public Health doesn't come up :/
Original post by katodizzle
Exam is tomorrow, I'm hoping that C19th Public Health doesn't come up :/

I'm doing this exam and history is not something I am good at, actually I really don't like it. If this topic did come up, you could mention:
The industrial revolution and how it caused an increase town populations and this lead to an increase in diseases such as small pox etc. There was also poor public health in these towns and cities and the government had a laissez faire attitude. In the towns there were poor quality, over crowded houses and no fresh water.

Cholera infected sewage and drinking water causing disease which affected both the rich and the poor and the government made some regulations about the burial of the dead.

Chadwick and Rowntree's reports were published which shocked the upper classes and lead to the 1848 Public Health Act which set up control and local health boards.

Sorry that this is a jumble of ideas but they could be developed.
i'm hoping that aswell omG
Original post by Wordnerd2
I'm doing this exam and history is not something I am good at, actually I really don't like it. If this topic did come up, you could mention:
The industrial revolution and how it caused an increase town populations and this lead to an increase in diseases such as small pox etc. There was also poor public health in these towns and cities and the government had a laissez faire attitude. In the towns there were poor quality, over crowded houses and no fresh water.

Cholera infected sewage and drinking water causing disease which affected both the rich and the poor and the government made some regulations about the burial of the dead.

Chadwick and Rowntree's reports were published which shocked the upper classes and lead to the 1848 Public Health Act which set up control and local health boards.

Sorry that this is a jumble of ideas but they could be developed.

That's so helpful, thank you!
I'm wondering if its just me, but I cant actually access any past exam papers or questions. There doesn't seem to be any on the OCR site else I would suggest having a go at some past papers to get prepared.
Original post by bigbangholowitz
I'm wondering if its just me, but I cant actually access any past exam papers or questions. There doesn't seem to be any on the OCR site else I would suggest having a go at some past papers to get prepared.

I'm doing AQA and there aren't past papers online any more for history either...
Original post by examtime123
I'm doing AQA and there aren't past papers online any more for history either...

that sucks...
i cant find any papers either which sucks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending