The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE History B Unit 1 (6th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Someone from Topic 5 - has the Space Race ever come up and what sort of question would it be like?

They changed Topic 4 from 'The Origins of the Cold War from 1945 to 1955' to the 'Origins of the Cold War from 1945 to 1960' and so now we have extra topics like the Hungarian Rising thrown in and because some of the teachers in our school are so BTEC they didn't even teach it and it came up as a 6 mark question.
What predictions could come up for topic2,3 and 4?
-peacekeeping ( I'm hoping it will be one of the big threes aims)
-origin of the Cold War
-hitter foreign policy

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ops I meant peacemaking and League of Nations ^^^ not peace keeping :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bikiniikilll
What predictions could come up for topic2,3 and 4?
-peacekeeping ( I'm hoping it will be one of the big threes aims)
-origin of the Cold War
-hitter foreign policy

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not that stupid 10 mark question on "Who was more satisfied by the Treaty of Versailles?"
I know I said it last year, but it can't come up again?
(If it does make it to three years, I'll make good on that promise to poop myself in the exam hall)
Original post by ValVettore
Probably not that stupid 10 mark question on "Who was more satisfied by the Treaty of Versailles?"
I know I said it last year, but it can't come up again?
(If it does make it to three years, I'll make good on that promise to poop myself in the exam hall)

It normally comes up as 4 markers. Oh yeah I have practiced this question,it was okay tbh, I just think memorizing the big 3 aims probably the most easiest for me.

What do you mean by 3 years? Do every 3 years they change the questions?
It normally comes up as 4 markers. Oh yeah I have practiced this question,it was okay tbh, I just think memorizing the big 3 aims probably the most easiest for me.

What do you mean by 3 years? Do every 3 years they change the questions?

2014: Who was more satisfied by the Treaty of Versailles? Georges Clemenceau or David Lloyd-George?

2015: Who was more satisfied by the Treaty of Versailles? Georges Clemenceau or Woodrow Wilson?

If I'm not mistaken they can't have a question that similar more than twice in a row. If they do, feel free to screenshot this and mock me 'til the end of my days.
I'm praying for a 10 mark question about Abyssinia and something else. I actually would ace that.
2014: Who was more satisfied by the Treaty of Versailles? Georges Clemenceau or David Lloyd-George?

2015: Who was more satisfied by the Treaty of Versailles? Georges Clemenceau or Woodrow Wilson?

If I'm not mistaken they can't have a question that similar more than twice in a row. If they do, feel free to screenshot this and mock me 'til the end of my days.
I'm praying for a 10 mark question about Abyssinia and something else. I actually would ace that.

2015 question is quite hard because woodraw wilson never actually joined:/
I like 2014 10 markers.
I'm hoping for Manchuria and something else(not organisation of league)i'll prob will cry

what do you think for Hitler's foreign policy/Origins of cold war
2015 question is quite hard because woodraw wilson never actually joined:/
I like 2014 10 markers.
I'm hoping for Manchuria and something else(not organisation of league)i'll prob will cry

what do you think for Hitler's foreign policy/Origins of cold war

I feel like it could be Hungarian Rising because they changed the spec for the Origins of the Cold War?
And i think they already did Nazi-Soviet Pact last year so they might not do it this year
Reply 48
Someone from Topic 5 - has the Space Race ever come up and what sort of question would it be like?

They changed Topic 4 from 'The Origins of the Cold War from 1945 to 1955' to the 'Origins of the Cold War from 1945 to 1960' and so now we have extra topics like the Hungarian Rising thrown in and because some of the teachers in our school are so BTEC they didn't even teach it and it came up as a 6 mark question.

As far as I am aware, the last time the space race came up was June 2011.
It was a 6 marker with a written source about Sputnik, and you had to discuss the importance and whether it made the USSR more powerful than the USA.
Original post by Flammae
As far as I am aware, the last time the space race came up was June 2011.
It was a 6 marker with a written source about Sputnik, and you had to discuss the importance and whether it made the USSR more powerful than the USA.

I was thinking it could be a question like that. Or it could be a 10 and then you'd talk about the significance of it's contributions to ICBMs and advancing the nuclear arms race and how the USSR and USA would compete in things like the Space Race or the Olympics to try and outshine one another.
I kinda hope it does...
I got past papers from recent years,I did a few practice questions and want to mark them but they took down everything especially mark schemes apart from the aqa website?? Anyone know where I can find mark schemes from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got past papers from recent years,I did a few practice questions and want to mark them but they took down everything especially mark schemes apart from the aqa website?? Anyone know where I can find mark schemes from?

Posted from TSR Mobile[
Not sure if this will help you but this is the only website I could find with GCSE AQA History past papers and mark schemeshttp://pastpapers.org/aqa-gcse-history-bHope this helps you and good luck with your revision :smile:

]
Original post by graceelle
I have a zip folder of some information for topics 1,2&3 if you want me to send them to you, give me your email or private message or something :smile:)

Can i get this?? thanks!
Do we need to know about the cuban missile crisis and salami tactics for topic 4??
Reply 54
Original post by elaine the pain
Do we need to know about the cuban missile crisis and salami tactics for topic 4??

Salami Tactics= topic 4

Cuban Missile Crisis= topic 5
Reply 55
Hi guys, yesterday in the history exam I accidentally numbered my questions incorrectly and forgot to number my additional paper. Does anyone think this will be an issue or not? I did the first three topics and it's pretty clear what I'm talking about in each question.
Original post by delany23
Hi guys, yesterday in the history exam I accidentally numbered my questions incorrectly and forgot to number my additional paper. Does anyone think this will be an issue or not? I did the first three topics and it's pretty clear what I'm talking about in each question.

I don't think numbering your additional paper should be too much of an issue. I heard that the examinations officer makes sure certain details such as centre number, candidate number etc are all correct and filled in. The examiners must have the time, decency (and common sense) to be able to take a few seconds to find out where the additional paper goes.

Numbering (incorrectly) gets examiners annoyed sometimes but it shouldn't be too much of an issue I guess. If you used words directly from the question, the examiner should get an idea of what you're talking about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ginger12321
Can i get this?? thanks!

so sorry i didn't send it, i wasnt online but what other topics do you do? i might have a revision file for it
Reply 58
Original post by sulaimanali
I don't think numbering your additional paper should be too much of an issue. I heard that the examinations officer makes sure certain details such as centre number, candidate number etc are all correct and filled in. The examiners must have the time, decency (and common sense) to be able to take a few seconds to find out where the additional paper goes.

Numbering (incorrectly) gets examiners annoyed sometimes but it shouldn't be too much of an issue I guess. If you used words directly from the question, the examiner should get an idea of what you're talking about.

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my exams officer and phoned AQA. My exams officer said it would be fine but I called AQA just to make sure. They said if my school calls in and explains what happened then they can inform my examiner. My exams officer said he would send them an email so I'm feeling a lot less worried. Thanks again!
Original post by delany23
Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my exams officer and phoned AQA. My exams officer said it would be fine but I called AQA just to make sure. They said if my school calls in and explains what happened then they can inform my examiner. My exams officer said he would send them an email so I'm feeling a lot less worried. Thanks again!

Good. No problem! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending