The Student Room Group

Dropping a GCSE in Year 11

I have been too stressed about Edexcel GCSE History, about half a year into taking it. All my mocks and class work, I have been getting E's and F's, yet still been told that with revision I can boost it. I have been revising for months and my grades haven't changed, it is now a day before the exam and I really don't want to fail 3 History exams, I have emailed all teachers concerned and none are being supportive with my wishes. When one replied back saying to "just do it" I actually started crying, this exam has me way too stressed and I read on another forum that I can drop the subject up to the day of the exam (may have to pay cancellation fees). My parents are fine with it, and History has nothing to do with my future in any way so it wouldn't effect me positively even if I got A*s. I am doing well in nearly all of my other subjects but this subject will bring down my APS by a lot (like, a lot..). I would be very lucky to even get E's in this exam as in all my past mocks I have been getting E's and F's.
Please help :'[
Original post by la1una
I have been too stressed about Edexcel GCSE History, about half a year into taking it. All my mocks and class work, I have been getting E's and F's, yet still been told that with revision I can boost it. I have been revising for months and my grades haven't changed, it is now a day before the exam and I really don't want to fail 3 History exams, I have emailed all teachers concerned and none are being supportive with my wishes. When one replied back saying to "just do it" I actually started crying, this exam has me way too stressed and I read on another forum that I can drop the subject up to the day of the exam (may have to pay cancellation fees). My parents are fine with it, and History has nothing to do with my future in any way so it wouldn't effect me positively even if I got A*s. I am doing well in nearly all of my other subjects but this subject will bring down my APS by a lot (like, a lot..). I would be very lucky to even get E's in this exam as in all my past mocks I have been getting E's and F's.
Please help :'[

I would suggest talking with someone else at your school, for example the exams officer or a member of SLT and telling them how you feel and see what they can do for you.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I would suggest talking with someone else at your school, for example the exams officer or a member of SLT and telling them how you feel and see what they can do for you.

They posted this 2 days ago. They'll have had the exam yesterday.
Original post by flyingpanda
They posted this 2 days ago. They'll have had the exam yesterday.

*shrug* Oh well. I tried.
Original post by CatusStarbright
*shrug* Oh well. I tried.

Quick Reply

Latest