The Student Room Group

ISIS publicly burns alive 19 Kurdish women for rejecting sex slavery

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Themini
Are you seriously arguing that a population sample of 39000/1,600,000,000 is a representative sample? B**** please. I don't have a bias I go by facts, figures and logic.
Not familiar with the science of statistical surveys then?

A properly randomised sample size of 1000 will give accurate results for a population of many millions, to within a reasonable level of confidence and accuracy.

However, holding a belief and being prepared to act on that belief are two very different things. So while (for example) 35% of people believe that adulterers should be stoned, it does not mean that 35% of people would actually take part in the stoning. In fact, it does not mean that they would actually support the stoning of an specific adulterer. It merely means that they hold a hypothetical belief on an issue.
Reply 61
Original post by AlvlVictim
On the other hand my experience shows maybe you ppl are the ones who take incomplete verses,verses out of context and cherry pick and make whatever of the hadith that suits your interpretation of the religion

Posted from TSR Mobile
You were the one who didn't know that Islam permits sex with slaves.
Original post by QE2
You are clearly not familiar with the nature of Islamic ideology.
The Quran is regarded as not only the actual, dictated word of god, but also as immutable and infallible.
That means that it is perfect in its entirety and is all as applicable and acceptable as it was when it was written 1400 years ago.
To reject even a single verse of the Quran is to commit an act of kufr, rendering you no longer a Muslim. There is an Islamic principle that anything that Allah has declared halal (permitted), no man can declare haram (forbidden).
The whole point of ISIS is that they claim to be practicing the true, pure, and undiluted version of Islam, as laid down in the Quran and sunnah. And it is their duty to spread that pure version of Islam - by force if necessary, as prescribed in the Quran and sunnah.

So, if that was to much writing for you to understand...If Islam book says it ok, it always ok.

I don't think you understand the difference between the Quran and the Hadith. Quite clearly your knowledge of ISIS and Islam is minimal. Don't quit your day job son :wink:
Original post by crownslanes
What an absolute confused idiot, stop chanting about your disgusting religion, nothing you say to anyone with a brain cell will EVER think the same or agree with you. Better Religion? All are the same Harry Potter ********

Did I ever recall Islam as being better than any other religion, no! There is no point trying to hide your ignorance by shoving words at my face and thinking that is what I said. It's quite sad to hear that the media and people around you have made you think in such a disgusting way. Have you ever heard of multi-culturalism and community cohesion? I guess not. The world is not a game where you came blame people for being terrorists or vile or with no sanity based on their religion. There is a sheer difference between religion and what people actually believe.

I'm not chanting about my religion, when did I ever phrase a verse from the Qur'an and declare to everyone in this forum that I'm a better person than all of you because I am a Muslim; and you have the audacity to say I'm confused. If I'm so confused then how did I get an A* for Christianity and this religion is completely different from my own. Why would a confused idiot like 'myself' want to memorise Bible quotes and actually want to know more about other religions. I never once told anyone that they must agree with me because I am a Muslim and 'supposedly' think that I am the best.

I am stating common sense and the fact that that why must people equate Islam into a terrorist organisation. Sorry to disappoint you but all of my Muslim friends haven't joined IS or any other 'Islamic' terrorist organisation. So stop assuming that Muslims as a whole are disgusting people when you probably don't even know 1 Muslim person that you know well enough to tell you about their religious as well as political views.

The Harry Potter Series had a rather happy ending so this could be compared to real life when everyone realises that we shouldn't discriminate people based on religion, age, gender, race etc. This is a society I would dearly enjoy and I know you would like to as well even if you are too ignorant to see it.
Original post by Listers
Because they got the idea of sexual slavery from the Qur'an you ignorant dipstick

Think History shows that slavery (including sexual) has been carried out by non muslims thoughtout the ages as well.
Original post by QE2
You were the one who didn't know that Islam permits sex with slaves.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:You've just proven his point, stop misinterpreting other religions simply to suit your own racist and petty opinion. Deal with the fact that we have a better understanding of our own religion and how it works in our modern day and age.
Reply 66
Original post by 999tigger
Think History shows that slavery (including sexual) has been carried out by non muslims thoughtout the ages as well.

It's different with other religions because it's not divinely inspired sexual slavery.

It's just slavery done by people following a religion, not slavery done by following a religion
Reply 67
Original post by Themini
I don't think you understand the difference between the Quran and the Hadith. Quite clearly your knowledge of ISIS and Islam is minimal. Don't quit your day job son :wink:
Hmm. I know enough that "hadith" is not capitalised.

But anyway, I admire the way that you almost imperceptibly avoided addressing any of my points by lobbing a non sequitur.
Don't think anyone noticed that!
Original post by Listers
It's different with other religions because it's not divinely inspired sexual slavery.

It's just slavery done by people following a religion, not slavery done by following a religion

Doubt it makes much difference to the people enslaved whether the justification is from a book or otherwise. Slavery is slavery.
Reply 69
Doubt it makes much difference to the people enslaved whether the justification is from a book or otherwise. Slavery is slavery.

Actually there is because, one set of people did it out of greed, while the other set of people did it because of greed and the religion they follow.

Islamic sexual slavery falls into the second category.
im a sikh and I think this is just disgusting especially as people think that all these Asian people are the same however where is the gender equality isis is going to far and will be taken out soon
Original post by Listers
Actually there is because, one set of people did it out of greed, while the other set of people did it because of greed and the religion they follow.

Islamic sexual slavery falls into the second category.

Makes no difference to the people enslaved.
Doesnt make either version worse or better than the other.
Reply 72
Makes no difference to the people enslaved.
Doesnt make either version worse or better than the other.

I never said one was better than the other.

I just pointed out the difference
Original post by Withengar
Yes, just casually disregard everything I said and continue to blabber on with your pointless dogma and ad-hominem insults. When my argument is solid and without holes, you resort to your dogmatic ******** that is nothing more then you spewing Islamic, prejudiced dogma out of your mouth.

I don't need, nor does anyone have to become an expert in thirty different fields to understand violence, prejudices and wrong-doings of Islams and Muslims. You rejecting that is only further proof of your brainwashed stupidity and lack of any common sense. As an atheist, I despise and reject any and all religious dogma. Which is something I mentioned in my first post, but since you religious people are allergic to facts, you ignored it.

If you want facts and statistics about British and Western Muslims, how about the fact that almost 60% of British Muslims think that homosexuality should be illegal, or that almost 40% think that they should be isolated so that they can live in their own Sharia community?

Ignore facts all you want, they're going to outlive you.

I don't need to ignore the facts because I know it's truly not representative of the entire Muslim population. You probably went to 30 similar fields not different in the aspect that they all behold the same ideologies. I still consider 30 fields as nothing so go to all the fields of the world to actually see what Muslims are really like as people like you need more than 30 fields to see reality.

I can understand why you are swearing and getting irritating with me as I'm washing your dirty brain with reality. I'm very shocked that you are atheist as I assumed that atheists are generally clever people but sadly to say but you are rather ignorant and stupid. You are repeating the same facts as what Muslims think about homosexuality but what about facts and statistics in what Muslims think about community cohesion or Christians or Jews or violence so you cannot generalise about Islam being a pathetic religion and all Muslims as being brainwashed when you cannot provide me statistics and facts about those issues. Those issues are directly linked to IS so we need to know what Muslims as a whole think about them.

I truly believe that homosexuality is not a sin and shouldn't be condemned as deviant as I believe that it's natural and we shouldn't judge people. I'm against violence, I'm against IS, I'm against the ideology that some Muslims hold that men are better than women, I'm against the way some Muslims think, I'm against Muslims who always say 'ur being haram' or 'that's not halal' when most of them haven't fully read the Qur'an so do you regard me as being disgusting. Do you think I'm truly brainwashed when I think in this way? Surely if I was brainwashed, I would be against homosexuality or pro-IS or believe that men are better than women so please rethink your point. Actually there is no point of me begging, you should actually rethink your point.

So stop generalising about Islam as being 'disgusting' and 'Muslims are against homosexuality' when you haven't actually talked to individuals that have views that are against the stereotypes.
Original post by Listers
I never said one was better than the other.

I just pointed out the difference

Im pointing oyt it makes no diffeent to the slave where the decision to ebslave comes from. They still end up being slaves.

I also pointed out its all very well pointing the finger at Islam, but slavery has been widely practiced throughout history by muslims and non muslims alike.
Reply 75
Original post by HK4
:clap2::clap2::clap2:You've just proven his point, stop misinterpreting other religions simply to suit your own racist and petty opinion.
Have you not read the Quran, or the appropriate hadith? Or an associated tafsir?

There are several references in the Quran to having sex with slaves.
This is confirmed by sahih hadith.
These have been quoted in several posts already.

Do you deny all this?
If you do, you will need to explain why those passages do not mean what they say, and why classical scholars misinterpreted them (from Ibn Kathir on 33:50 "those (slaves) whom your right hand possesses whom Allah has given to you", means, the slave-girls whom you took from the war booty are also permitted to you.)

And while you're at it, explain why being opposed to an ideology that permits sex slavery is "racist". (Good luck with that. With it all, in fact.)

Deal with the fact that we have a better understanding of our own religion and how it works in our modern day and age.
Ah. Now, if you are saying that the passages that permit sex slavery are no longer valid and should be removed from the Quran, then not only do I agree with you, but I applaud your courage in standing up to the majority who reject such enlightened views.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 76
Im pointing oyt it makes no diffeent to the slave where the decision to ebslave comes from. They still end up being slaves.

I also pointed out its all very well pointing the finger at Islam, but slavery has been widely practiced throughout history by muslims and non muslims alike.

I feel like we are going in circles.

Yes I do agree that slavery has been done by muslims and non muslims alike, I never argued that. My own point doesn't claim that non muslims haven't been slave owners, my own point is that when non muslims like Christians do it they aren't following their scriptures but when Muslims do it they are just following what their prophet did which the Qu'ran said was the ideal role model for all mankind.
Hmm, regarding whether 'whom your right hands possess' translates to slaves is indeed questionable, and perhaps requires more research (by myself), as the only evidence that I have seen for it meaning slave is from one of the Sahih hadith books. With regards to intercourse without consent, this is not allowed to my knowledge, and is indeed forbidden in the Islamic belief.
Here is the opinion of the scholar from the famed IslamQA on the matter of sex slaves

https://islamqa.info/en/20802

https://islamqa.info/en/26067

Though, I'm not sure if there's any evidence for burning alive as a shariah punishment... who knows.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
**Illiterate**

:five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending