The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

A* conversion is naff, I can get 375/400 and get an A :frown: 196 at AS and 179 at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mullhouse
Some possible 40 mark tectonic essays that I have found from books and handouts:

The state of economic development in a country is the only factor in determining volcanic and seismic disasters. To what extent do you agree with this view?

The impact of a Tsunami may be felt on a far greater scale than an earthquake. To what extent do you agree with this view?

Volcanic and tectonic activity is solely confined to plate margins. Discuss this statement.

Outline and discuss how plate tectonic theory has evolved over time.

Extrusive vulcanicity along a destructive plate boundary is more hazardous than along a constructive plate boundary. Discuss

They aren't nice questions, yuck! Could they really give you a 40 marker relating to Tsunami's vs other hazards? Tsunamis aren't even specifically on the spec. I'd only have the Boxing Day tsunami to talk about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 862
Original post by SJJ97
Okay! Thabkyou!!!
Umm it was a 8/10 marker in 2013 and The 40 marker in 2014- so it's highly unlikely

okay cool thanks and what about ur tectonic 25 mark predictions??
Could somebody please tell me the predictions for plate tectonics and development and globalisation 25 markers please
Reply 864
Does maldives count as an urban area??
Yo, what do you think of my UNIT 3 PLAN.

1) chose an essay tittle and complete it in the first hour. Only check the other sections if you're less than 70% sure on your essay tittle.
2)bosssss it cuz
Original post by xojellyxo
Could somebody please tell me the predictions for plate tectonics and development and globalisation 25 markers please

yeah someone
Original post by callumtaitmate
yeah someone

Yeah someone pls
Does anyone have any predictions for the ecosystems and world cities 25 markers and also Plate tectonics 40 mark essay?
How's everyone feeling about this exam lol
Original post by lozengerrrr
Yeah someone pls

you're actually fit follow my insta @callumtaitmate X X
Any idea what the 40 mark ecosystems essay might be?
Reply 872
you're actually fit follow my insta @callumtaitmate X X

graft
Original post by 142701
graft

crack me up

1) chose an essay tittle and complete it in the first hour. Only check the other sections if you're less than 70% sure on your essay tittle.
2)bosssss it cuz

Well to get a B you need 51, 58 for an A and 65 for an A * (out of 90 according to Jun 15 grade boundaries) Even if you were to get 40/40 on the essay you'd still only get a C. Maybe it's safer to ignore 1 section instead of 2 (excluding the essay) so like do the essay and another section.
Reply 875

****ed

lol
Original post by Sacred Ground
A* conversion is naff, I can get 375/400 and get an A :frown: 196 at AS and 179 at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need the 90% UMS in your A2 to get the A*
if you got over 90% at AS that won't be enough for an A if you don't get the 90% at A2

2)bosssss it cuz

so you won't do the other questions???
Even if you get 40/40 that won't even be a B
Reply 879
Anyone got an idea for the ecosystems 7,8,10 and the essay? Can't tell if it will be Brit isles succession or trop rainforest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending