The Student Room Group

AQA AS GOVP1 Question Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Is there anyone here that has actually fully revised all the sub-topics like me? I didn't know it was so common to do just 2 or 3
Reply 101
Original post by olmyster911
Is there anyone here that has actually fully revised all the sub-topics like me? I didn't know it was so common to do just 2 or 3

I personally don't know anyone who has revised all 4, most of us are revising two really thoroughly and some are doing three. I'd just rather invest more time and effort into knowing two topics really well than knowing four adequately well.
any of you doing political parties and any predictions? thank you
Original post by mrai14
I personally don't know anyone who has revised all 4, most of us are revising two really thoroughly and some are doing three. I'd just rather invest more time and effort into knowing two topics really well than knowing four adequately well.

Well I'm not sure how schools do it but this is the way I taught myself, and I guess it'll serve me well if there comes a difficult question or two.
Original post by linhdang118
any of you doing political parties and any predictions? thank you

I have a feeling they may ask something relating to the structure of the Conservative Party..
lol i'm so unprepared for tomorrow *says lol to hide pain*
Original post by holly1798
lol i'm so unprepared for tomorrow *says lol to hide pain*

me too D: going to fail sooo badly
Reply 107
Same. RIP in peace me :biggrin:
Reply 108
Pressure groups are un elected - by using pressure groups to rally/highlight certain issues to change legislation etc this undermines representative democracy in which we choose those we entrust to make the right decisions.

Therefore, pressure groups pose a threat to representative democracy as it undermines the system as a whole, by saying those we entrust are incapable etc etc
I'm planning on doing democracy and voting since they are the only ones I have really revised
Original post by govtandpolitics
me too D: going to fail sooo badly

but are you not the one answering the most questions people have?
Original post by Sademajek
but are you not the one answering the most questions people have?

Kind of ... But that's with the help of my notes :frown:
Kind of ... But that's with the help of my notes :frown:

some of it must have entered your brain,for medoing model past papers are best because it allows me to use the same facts all around meaning one way or another its going in my head, try that out, someone has given us a tip, so i suggest focus on participation but also i think the 2015 GE could come up so to be better safe than sorry do an essay on that too. Hope that does something
What participation questions could there be besides 2015 general election and participation crisis?
Anybody wanna go over 10 or 25 markers for PGs/Participation that they found difficult?
cba revising any more
Original post by CallumEllison97
cba revising any more

same, at this point, idc what happens in the exam xD
Original post by olmyster911
I have a feeling they may ask something relating to the structure of the Conservative Party..

I doubt it'll be the 25 marker as it seems too specific. Could be wrong though, but I'm OK with it being IPD as long as it focuses on all or the major UK parties. I'm more inclined to believe the 5/10 marker will be on ideology while the 25 marker will be on whether the UK is a 2-party system or whether it's political parties are internally democratic. Any agree with me?
same, at this point, idc what happens in the exam xD

whatever will be will be (hopefully an A tho pls sweet lord jesus)
Original post by BirdIsWord
What participation questions could there be besides 2015 general election and participation crisis?
Anybody wanna go over 10 or 25 markers for PGs/Participation that they found difficult?

yes sure
Original post by CallumEllison97
whatever will be will be (hopefully an A tho pls sweet lord jesus)

Good luck :biggrin: im expecting a C/D xD think i need to believe in my self slightly more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending