The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

how much time do we spend on each question? thanks.
Reply 81
use how much marks the question is worth as a guideline.

Spend minimum 25 minutes on the last question - maybe even do it first. That is priority

max 5 minutes on the outline question

spend max 15 minutes on the source question

max 8 minutes for the key features question

spend max 20 on the importance question
Reply 82
Original post by KAK123
use how much marks the question is worth as a guideline.

Spend minimum 25 minutes on the last question - maybe even do it first. That is priority

max 5 minutes on the outline question

spend max 15 minutes on the source question

max 8 minutes for the key features question

spend max 20 on the importance question

here is a guideline for the structure of the question and the time frame
47/50 for US Controlled Assessment, screwed for the exam tomorrow- got fever. Did get an A* in mocks though..
Reply 84
Original post by Mark 88
Can someone help me wiping q3 the 10mark ome

Paragraph 1: Explain why Source B is useful and how i tconfirms your own knowledge - quote the source or if its a picture describe what you see and what that shows in terms of the question

Paragraph 2: Explain why Source B is not useful looking a tNOP (Nature, Origins and Purpose)

Paragraph 1: Explain why Source C is useful and how itconfirms your own knowledge

Paragraph 2: Explain why Source C is not useful looking at NOP (Nature, Origins and Purpose)you dont need a conclusion.Just explore the reliability and unreliability in terms of what the question is and remember PUT IN YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE OTHERWISE YOU WONT GET ABOVE 6 MARKS
(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone help me with the key features question? I never know how to answer this question:colonhash:
Reply 86
Name 3 features and for each one add a developed statement. E.g feature and its effect
Reply 87
Name 3 features and for each one add a developed statement. E.g feature and its effect
Original post by KAK123
Paragraph 1: Explain why Source B is useful and how i tconfirms your own knowledge - quote the source or if its a picture describe what you see and what that shows in terms of the question

Paragraph 2: Explain why Source B is not useful looking a tNOP (Nature, Origins and Purpose)

Paragraph 1: Explain why Source C is useful and how itconfirms your own knowledge

Paragraph 2: Explain why Source C is not useful looking at NOP (Nature, Origins and Purpose)you dont need a conclusion.Just explore the reliability and unreliability in terms of what the question is and remember PUT IN YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE OTHERWISE YOU WONT GET ABOVE 6 MARKS

Is this for Edexcel ? We've been told to have a conclusion

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Reply 89
Original post by evanthebitch
how much time do we spend on each question? thanks.

The first two should total to 5 mins
Source question 12-15 mins
Key features 8-10 mins
Importance 15 marker 15 minutes
13 marker 30 mins
Reply 90
yes it is. for the third question?

why would you need a conclusion when you're analysing them separately? You wont get any more marks if you compare them, which is what the conclusion would be doing
Reply 91
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Is this for Edexcel ? We've been told to have a conclusion

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

why would you need a conclusion when you're analysing them separately? You wont get any more marks if you compare them, which is what the conclusion would be doing
Reply 92
Original post by sarahlondon
Can someone help me with the key features question? I never know how to answer this question:colonhash:

all you do is split the event into three sections:

the cause
what happens during it
and the effects

you'd start of by saying the first key feature is and talk about the cause of the event

the second key feature is describe the event

the final/third key feature is and talk about the effect of it

remember to include stats
Reply 93
I got a B.
Okay so this is weird but I am fine with all the other questions, but the first one I am unsure? Do you use quotes or do you write them in your own words?

Also, good luck everybody and i wish you all, all the best! now excuse me while i go weep into my crumpled papers of summits and crises i shall never remember :biggrin: (don't even start on the dates)
Reply 95
Original post by RevisionGuide
Idk then, you could probably get away with getting one A in one of the exams and still get an A* overall. In the Controlled assessment I got 96 UMS. Damn A* in all exams is going to be very difficult :P. In the mock exams, I only managed to get an A in Germany and scraped an A* in Britain. Which exam do you think is the hardest out of the 3?

Definitely International relations!
Original post by Katejgm
Definitely International relations!

I would say Britain, purely because I want sources questions to burn in hell.
Original post by KAK123

This is what we were given by the school and I did a mock according to it for which I received an A*. I appreciate your advice but I don't want to chance it.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465156438.976916.jpg

Reply 98
well then right your conclusion :smile:

I was taught not to, but if you got an A* ... :P
Reply 99
Original post by louisemayorx
Okay so this is weird but I am fine with all the other questions, but the first one I am unsure? Do you use quotes or do you write them in your own words?

Also, good luck everybody and i wish you all, all the best! now excuse me while i go weep into my crumpled papers of summits and crises i shall never remember :biggrin: (don't even start on the dates)

LOL, write them in your own words

its really simple, you dont need to quote or embelish your answer. It is only worth two marks so literally just write two points

Good luck to you too .:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending