The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any good sentences to use for holidays/television or any of the family and relations topic? Merci
OK I found the official thread :smile: I don't feel ready for the exam tomorrow but I'm not exactly dreading it either...

I was advised to do the reading first because it's the easiest part then the essay and leave the listening last so you have more time to listen and rewind the CD, but that's because listening is definitely my weak point. For essays, I'm really hoping music, TV, drugs/smoking comes up, but 8-10 paragraphs seems really excessive (never been told that before)

One thing I don't understand is why can you paraphrase in the reading questions where you write in French but not the listening??
When do you use en what is the difference between en and les
Original post by romaiseb
No it's not lines, it's 10-12 separate paragraphs - 5-6 paragraphs addressing one part of the question & another 5-6 paragraphs on the other question, with Point Evidence Explain (PEE) incorporated into each paragraph. It might seem like a lot but if you're a native speaker you'll probably have over an hour to write up your essay, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of points/arguments you can include, remember: it's only 5-6 points per question, it's just you have to split these points each into their own paragraph, explained and with examples - hope that makes sense!
Nope, you don't really need to announce the essay plan in the intro, just make a couple of points on the context of the questions as I said in my first response to you x

Check out the specification here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/specifications/alevel/AQA-2650-2660-2695-W-SP-14.PDF (starts from page 5) on the exact things you need to know for the exam, and make a couple plans in your head.

Lemme know if you need any more help

So, from what i've understood we get 2 questions, so the essay plan is:

1st paragraph - PEE on 1st question
2nd paragraph- PEE on 1st question
3rd paragraph- PEE on1st question
4th paragraph- PEE on 1st question
5th paragraph - PEE on 1st question
(6th paragraph- PEE on 1st question)
7th paragraph - PEE on 2nd question
8th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question
9th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question
10th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question
11th paragraph - PEE on 2nd question
(12th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question )

????

Damn we need so many points n examples
people doing 12 paragraphs how long are your paragraphs?! I'm A2 student resitting- been practising and got a few essays which I got 100% for let me know if anyone wants
PS I don't write anywhere near 12 paragraphs.... just saying.... :/
Original post by eleanor27
people doing 12 paragraphs how long are your paragraphs?! I'm A2 student resitting- been practising and got a few essays which I got 100% for let me know if anyone wants

Do you have any on TV or music? I'd be really intreseted in structures for these and vocal and stuff
Original post by jamjamstap
Do you have any on TV or music? I'd be really intreseted in structures for these and vocal and stuff

this one got 100% and has my teacher's corrections on- I have another one for cinema but can only find the uncorrected version (Also got 100%) so its up to you whether you want that one or not
any questions/problems let me know :smile:
image.jpg100% cinema essay corrected :smile: (found it!) let me know if you can't read it....
Sorry for how bad they are 😳😳😳
Anyone ready for tommorow
I'm ressiting. I wish for a vacance/music/mode essay since i find them the easiest i really hate sante and family essays
Reply 70
Okay squad, I would be most grateful for a list of good subjunctive sentence opportunities - tah.
Hi guys! What are people's predictions for the essay for tomorrow's exam?
image.jpg100% cinema essay corrected :smile: (found it!) let me know if you can't read it....
Sorry for how bad they are 😳😳😳

Im native and you write so well for an AS student damn!! I was told by someone here that you have to write 10-12 paragraphs tho?? What has your teacher told you about the essay structure? ( Im french sitting the As tomorrow and i havent been to french lessons)
Original post by chartreux5
Im native and you write so well for an AS student damn!! I was told by someone here that you have to write 10-12 paragraphs tho?? What has your teacher told you about the essay structure? ( Im french sitting the As tomorrow and i havent been to french lessons)

ahahah thank you- I'm actually an A2 student resitting the exam :smile:
10-12 is ott imho.... We've been told intro, 3/4 points, 3/4 against, briefly give own opinion and conclude like in this essay :smile:
this one got 100% and has my teacher's corrections on- I have another one for cinema but can only find the uncorrected version (Also got 100%) so its up to you whether you want that one or not
any questions/problems let me know :smile:

woo thanks so much for this, I love the intro btw, definitely goon try and use "rein d'étonnent que..." tomorrow.

Also, we've been told 3/4 points for each question then into + conclusion. For 45 mins you would have to write pretty fast to write 12 paragraphs; plus you need time to check for silly mistakes and stuff like that.
Reply 75
Original post by jamjamstap
woo thanks so much for this, I love the intro btw, definitely goon try and use "rein d'étonnent que..." tomorrow.

Also, we've been told 3/4 points for each question then into + conclusion. For 45 mins you would have to write pretty fast to write 12 paragraphs; plus you need time to check for silly mistakes and stuff like that.

does 'rien d'étonnant que' take the subjunctive?
Original post by mollyayo
does 'rien d'étonnant que' take the subjunctive?

yuppp
Original post by don joiner
hi guys, this is the official thread where you can find exam discussion,details, predictions and general thoughts

merci!

guys, last minute listening practice!!
Watch france24 on youtube as it has a lot of l'actualite that may come up in the exam
Original post by chartreux5
So, from what i've understood we get 2 questions, so the essay plan is:

1st paragraph - PEE on 1st question
2nd paragraph- PEE on 1st question
3rd paragraph- PEE on1st question
4th paragraph- PEE on 1st question
5th paragraph - PEE on 1st question
(6th paragraph- PEE on 1st question)
7th paragraph - PEE on 2nd question
8th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question
9th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question
10th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question
11th paragraph - PEE on 2nd question
(12th paragraph- PEE on 2nd question )

????

Damn we need so many points n examples

Hmm I have no idea why my French teacher has always told us 10-12 paragraphs when you guys are capable of getting away with just 3-4 points on both sides. That's so strange, now I want to do 3-4 paragraphs on both sides of the Q but it's too late now for me to change the structure of my dissertations now :s-smilie: in any case good luck everyone, whether you do 10-12 para. or 3-4 on both sides :wink:
ahahah thank you- I'm actually an A2 student resitting the exam :smile:
10-12 is ott imho.... We've been told intro, 3/4 points, 3/4 against, briefly give own opinion and conclude like in this essay :smile:

Did you find last year's exam difficult?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending