The Student Room Group

WJEC History: Germany in transition

Can some people help me with the technique and structure for the questions tomorrow. Preferably the 6, 8, 10 and 15 mark questions.
Original post by empsonmatt
Can some people help me with the technique and structure for the questions tomorrow. Preferably the 6, 8, 10 and 15 mark questions.

well for the 8 marker its always a how useful are these source questions i'll break down the structure to get the 7-8 mark band

Firstly start with a two line intro mentioning that both sources are useful to some extent ..
Then start with any source and mention it Content origin and purpose and how this affects its reliability the purpose may be to educate in one of them and to persuade in the other make sure you are aware of the bias and unbias sources. mention the date and its significance i.e source A was written along time after the events therefore this is more likey to be more reliable and useful and most importantly who wrote the source and what was their main intention?
do this for both sources and make sure to give an overall judgement on
Reply 2
Original post by gigge
well for the 8 marker its always a how useful are these source questions i'll break down the structure to get the 7-8 mark band

Firstly start with a two line intro mentioning that both sources are useful to some extent ..
Then start with any source and mention it Content origin and purpose and how this affects its reliability the purpose may be to educate in one of them and to persuade in the other make sure you are aware of the bias and unbias sources. mention the date and its significance i.e source A was written along time after the events therefore this is more likey to be more reliable and useful and most importantly who wrote the source and what was their main intention?
do this for both sources and make sure to give an overall judgement on

Thankyou bro
Reply 3
I think for the 15 marker, you talk about one side and then the other

In a past paper i did, it asked, "Was the Depression the main reason for the Nazi rise to power in 1933?"

I talked about the Depression and how it exploited the weakness of the Weimar Republic and their coalition government.
On the other side, i talked about von Papen persuading Hindenberg to form the Nazi-Nationalist party. I then also talked about the Enabling Act and what that did.

But according to the mark scheme, you could've also talked about Hitler's character (he's a good orator), the use of the SA and how the Nazi party had weak opposition in the Reichstag - the German parliament
Reply 4
Original post by tanazwa

In a past paper i did, it asked, "Was the Depression the main reason for the Nazi rise to power in 1933?"

I talked about the Depression and how it exploited the weakness of the Weimar Republic and their coalition government.
On the other side, i talked about von Papen persuading Hindenberg to form the Nazi-Nationalist party. I then also talked about the Enabling Act and what that did.

But according to the mark scheme, you could've also talked about Hitler's character (he's a good orator), the use of the SA and how the Nazi party had weak opposition in the Reichstag - the German parliament

would you use an equal amount of points on both sides of the argument or would you make one point supporting the statement and then several against?
Reply 5
Thanks man, but for the 15 mark question, would you use an equal amount of points on both sides of the argument or would you make one point supporting the statement and then several against?
Reply 6
i think it's better to use an equal amount of points. it's just that for me, in this case, i found it hard to come up with points for the Depression
Original post by empsonmatt
would you use an equal amount of points on both sides of the argument or would you make one point supporting the statement and then several against?
Original post by tanazwa

Well, that's because Hitler became Chancellor before the Enabling Act was passed (he was Chancellor in January 1933, the Enabling Act was March 1933). So I don't think you could mention that!
Reply 8
ah alright, thnx. It's just that it said 1933, so i assumed anything in 1933 was valid
Original post by AilishEllis
Well, that's because Hitler became Chancellor before the Enabling Act was passed (he was Chancellor in January 1933, the Enabling Act was March 1933). So I don't think you could mention that!
Reply 9
Original post by AilishEllis

Yeah the enabling act was consolidating the power
Reply 10
Does anybody have any predictions for the 15 marker at the end?
Original post by Thissh
Does anybody have any predictions for the 15 marker at the end?

Opposition to Hitler or his consolidation of power, maybe?
Reply 12
Safe. Thanks Guys :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending