The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dance25
other than suvat equations
anything we need to like memorise...? any other eqn

The cos and sine rules, as well as how to work out the area of a triangle. Plus the trigonometric identities. Can't think of any more right now.
If I start revising now can I still get a C? I've struggled with Additional Maths so is it still possible? I know I'm an idiot but I kept putting off revision for it because I have always disliked Additional Maths.
Original post by Banana00
If I start revising now can I still get a C? I've struggled with Additional Maths so is it still possible? I know I'm an idiot but I kept putting off revision for it because I have always disliked Additional Maths.

I guess if you worked quite hard now (and tomorrow morning, if you don't have an exam). Do 1 or 2 past papers, highlight where you're struggling, do practice questions on those topics and then do more past papers.
It's possible, it just depends on how much effort you're planning on putting in.
Good Luck!

(And remember that nothing is impossible. Apart from a lot of things)
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I guess if you worked quite hard now (and tomorrow morning, if you don't have an exam). Do 1 or 2 past papers, highlight where you're struggling, do practice questions on those topics and then do more past papers.
It's possible, it just depends on how much effort you're planning on putting in.
Good Luck!

(And remember that nothing is impossible. Apart from a lot of things)

Thank you very much for your support and encouragement! :h::h:
Original post by dance25

quadratic formula, distance of a line, equation of a circle too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dance25

Unless you use the CAST diagrams or another method you might want to learn the trig. graphs too, also remember the rules for binomial distribution (events must be independent and mutually exclusive) as I've seen them ask questions on that before. Also make sure you know all the co-ordinate geometry equations if you don't know the method (e.g the equation for finding mid-point of a line, gradient of a line, and equation of a line)
Anyone have any ways to remember suvat?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Anyone have any ways to remember suvat?

You could try and learn this? xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7sDfqJ6dE

Else I usually remember them as words -e.g

vuat -> v=u+at
vuas -> v^2 = u^2 +2as
sutat -> s = ut + 1/2at^2
svtat -> s = vt - 1/2at^2
suvt -> s = 1/2(u+v)t
Original post by Tasha_140
You could try and learn this? xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7sDfqJ6dE

Else I usually remember them as words -e.g

vuat -> v=u+at
vuas -> v^2 = u^2 +2as
sutat -> s = ut + 1/2at^2
svtat -> s = vt - 1/2at^2
suvt -> s = 1/2(u+v)t

I'm going to watch the video. Remembering them as words is going to confuse me too much!
Good luck to all in the exam tomorrow!!!
guysss - anyone lese stressing for today?
Original post by Cryptokyo
Good luck to all in the exam tomorrow!!!

You too!
Alright mother****ers who is ready for this ****ing exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 193
So... I'll be lucky to even pass
OMFG
Reply 195
Original post by TJPhotos
OMFG

Was I the only one because I've murdered all of the past papers and i think I'll be lucky to pass
Hard paper?
It was appalling. I actually left answers blank which I normally never do. I'm actually in tears.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was the worst paper I've ever done. I studied extensively and I had no idea what they were asking I will be lucky to get an E on that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it me or was that paper hard
What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending