The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Eww.....my mum just bought some wasabi facial scrub....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Have you seen the new shared Oxford and Cambridge outreach website? Am currently reading the prospectus for both universities. :biggrin:

No. I haven't. I'll check it out tomorrow.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by lala*15
Good luck everyone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks you too.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by lala*15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that meant to be really spicy. I think that'll burn away all of the germs on your skin 😂😂😂😂😂 Are you Japanese ?

Original post by NiamhM1801
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for what you've gone through :frown:
You certainly come across as happy to me, but it's all about what you feel inside. I have to say you're so unbelievably strong for getting through it all and having a positive outlook :smile:

:hugs:

Aw thank-you Niamh, yeah I try and be really happy to get myself into a positive mindset! :smile: I just think that as life is so short - having a positive outlook is the best way to go. I guess I am using my negative experience in a positve way. :smile:
Aw thank-you Niamh, yeah I try and be really happy to get myself into a positive mindset! :smile: I just think that as life is so short - having a positive outlook is the best way to go. I guess I am using my negative experience in a positve way. :smile:

That's good to hear, and yeah I agree life's too short to get let negativity fill your life, despite how hard it sometimes is. :smile:
Original post by lala*15
😢😪😓just realised...results day is on my birthday....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!hopefully, it'll be a day of celebration!:smile:

Original post by lala*15

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the first I have heard of this. I never knew this existed!
Original post by ellamoon_22
Hi everyone gd luk gd vibes

Good luck to you too!
Original post by nisha.sri
Good luck to everyone doing exams next week !! :colondollar::biggrin:

Good luck to you too!

guys, do you think I should study English literature A level? finding it really hard to decide and my teacher won't tell me if I should or not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

First of all, do you enjoy this subject? And do you do well in this subject?
Original post by lala*15
Good luck everyone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too
Thank-you for replying,
Yeah one of the biggest goals in my life is to go to Oxford and study law. Yeah, happiness is probably the most important aspect of Uni life. If you aren't happy than you are less likely to achieve. When I go and look round Oxford, I will probably ask myself if this is the right place for me to be, whether I will be happy and able to make friends easily.

In terms of going to Oxford, I believe that it will increase my chances of getting a good job afterwards. Being that law is very competitive. I think that there will definitely be a mixture of students at Oxford, with different backgrounds - so I am sure that I will find people to befriend :smile: Through life, I have mixed with many different people from different parts of society, so hopefully it won't be too hard. Even though people from a privileged may feel slightly threatened by me.

I just think that starting early will increase my chances of doing well. It has been difficult, but I have found out who my real friends are. So that is a positive, I have plenty of people to hang around with at school. But because I go to a private, all girls school - I have more life experience then most of the girls put together! It is also very catty and I am not the person who would pretend to like someone, I either like someone or I don't. I refuse to be two faced.

Well in my life, I have had many changes which haven't had the best impact on me. Ever since a young age, I have been sent to an all girls private school - where I simply have never been able to completely 'fit' in. I get on better with people from a state school background, as they seem to be more genuine and down to earth! Also, as I tend to have quite an alternative personality, many people have chosen to dislike me. When I was younger, my parents got a divorce which obviously had an awful impact. I had no one to talk to at that stage in my life, so it resulted in me becoming very closed off and so further strained my relationships with people. Have seen my mum and dad physically hurt each other also. My mum has had many boyfriends after the divorce, seeming to change men every month or so. Which obviously has been very confusing. My dad decided to get remarried a year after his divorce - introducing me to a completely new stepfamily. My mum has recently gotten engaged - which won't last. In year 7 and 8 my life started changing for the better. Had an academic scholarship to a school... made good friends... had my first boyfriend.. people actually started to respect who I was.

Then, I decided that the school wasn't challenging me enough academically, so I did an exam to get into the second best private school in the country. I guess a grew complacent. I got in and started the school in year 9. I was the only new girl, so it was pretty difficult. Everyone had already formed their own friendship groups and people had already formed an opinion about me before I had even joined or met the girls in my class. Purposefully, the school put me in the most difficult, bitchiest class... A really major event happened after that. Which I won't mention as it is still very raw and really difficult for me. I lost any chance of making friends really at my school, was stabbed in the back by my 'best friend,' everyone at my old school abandoned me in a time of need. My parents lost respect for me, creating even stronger barriers between them and me. I had absolutely no friends at all for about two terms in year 9. Was trying to be nice to people, kept a smile on my face and went into school every day. Lost my trust for boys in general, as the event involved a guy from the boys school round the corner. That was when I started experiencing quite negative, pessimistic thoughts. Didn't really understand the point in my life, no one wanted to know me, would have crowds of girls whispering behind my back - in front of me even. Yes, they bullied me. Teachers got involved and made the whole situation worse... like they always do. Soon enough, the effects of the event seemed to die down and I got more confidence again. Apparently the girls viewed me as being too confident when I joined, apparently complimenting others makes you a 'fake.'

I started becoming close with two girls in the class, effectively I just hung round by myself at the back of the group. Had no place. But kept on fighting. Then I started getting some awful comments about my appearance - made by people not only in my school, but in other areas. Was very badly cyber bullied - called 'chuckie' and 'gollum,' trust me those were the 'nice' comments. It really damaged my self esteem, had people making such comments to my face. But I just ignored it, I would never respond to anyone... would never stoop down to their level. I handled all of the situations so calmly and maturely that people felt threatened by me. Had no idea why I wasn't responding to them. So, I deleted all of my social media and soon the people got bored. Was alone again, parents were too busy with their own lives. Then in June 2015 something awful happened, I lost four people to death. Two relatives, the boy who I had perceived as being my soulmate, a girl who had tried to be nice to me at the school - murdered by her father. That had a massive impact on my life. However, I have recently released that the boy emotionally abused me, which I had no idea about.. The cousin which I was close to lost her father, so that ruined our relationship. We still find it hard to talk to one another. My mum kept getting hurt by all of her partners, crying all the time. I had to act as the parent effectively, so I am very protective of my mother.

Then, I went into year ten. Things started to look up again, made two close friends in my class. However, I started to become very anxious, experiencing panic attacks and everything. Thought nothing of it at first, soon my anxiety grew and grew. Deadlines wouldn't be met.. convinced that if I didn't get A stars then I was a failure. My grandma also got dementia, dad came down with depression. His wife lives in Essex, so she couldn't really completely support him. My dad has had depression 7 times in his life, so we aren't really that close at the moment. As that created a barrier. I made another really good friend from the boys school, who helped me regain my trust in boys. However, he left me and said that he could not cope with my 'anxiety and OCD like traits.' We were very close, so that hurt a lot. The two friends that I had made had a close friend who hated me - saw me as a threat, said that I was 'stealing her life.' So, I was bullied again at the beginning of year ten - at least I had a support network. At the beginning of year ten I was in hospital for a week due to my negativity... don't really want to expand on that.

Anyway, skipping forward a few months here I am. Currently having intense therapy/counselling. Trying to get over the anxiety and depression which I have been diagnosed with. Tried to give a brief outline of my life, but won't go into any more detail as don't want to further scar Zoe's thread. Right now though I can honestly say that I am 'happy,' I haven't been 'happy' since I was a very young kid. But now I am 'happy.' I have gotten myself more friends, a great guy who I am currently seeing. Have been able to get over my belief that I am 'ugly,' have met great people on TSR, am doing well academically and I am strong. Even though my relationships with my parents are still strained. With my mum busy planning her wedding and all...

Yeah, I completely agree that people focus way too much on money. I am not a materialistic person at all. I just want to use my experience from being fortunate to travel the world - embracing different cultures to help others. Being able to see the world has been a great positive of my life. But I want to have a career as a lawyer, rather than just a 'job.' I want to be able to progress up the career ladder, continuously learning and challenging myself. Helping people is my main aim. Yes, financially it is great. But, money is just material at the end of the day. Obviously, you have to have enough to be comfortable. I disagree with people being greedy with money though.

Yeah, I hope to go far in life and have a huge impact on the world in which we live.

I'm really sorry to hear this! :frown:This must have been awful! Forget about what people are saying about you! You are a wonderful and hardworking. :smile: Follow your dreams and show all of those people! :smile:

I have been bullied before so I can understand some of your feelings about this! Don't let them get to you! You are truly an inspiration! Keep working hard !:biggrin:
Update 05/06/2016

Today, I only focused on History as I was worried about the exam tommorow so I wasn't able to do anything else! I'm stressing for this paper.

Revised these topics for history
- Roman Britan- cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Anglo Saxon-cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Medival times -cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Renaissance -cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Industrial England -cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Modern England-cause and treatment, public health and influences
- How to answer the questions and time management

I also got back my results for the reading paper I did yesterday. I got 35/40 which is pretty good!
Original post by sahra30013
Update 05/06/2016

Today, I only focused on History as I was worried about the exam tommorow so I wasn't able to do anything else! I'm stressing for this paper.

Revised these topics for history
- Roman Britan- cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Anglo Saxon-cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Medival times -cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Renaissance -cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Industrial England -cause and treatment, public health and influences
- Modern England-cause and treatment, public health and influences
- How to answer the questions and time management

I also got back my results for the reading paper I did yesterday. I got 35/40 which is pretty good!

Wow well done with all this - you've done LOADS! :biggrin:
Good luck for your exam tomorrow - I'm sure you'll smash it, especially now :smile:
And that's a great score! Well done!
5/06/2016 - Evening update

Haven't really done much today as I spent all morning at the Race for Life (as my sister was doing it) and then the most of the rest of the day at my grandma's. I suppose it's good though as I'm going to really work tomorrow - I have no exams so don't have to go into school! :biggrin:

Today I have:
-91 German vocab mastered on Memrise
-half of B7.1 notes made
-C7.4 notes completed (only got 7.5 to do now then Chemistry revision is done!!! :biggrin:)

Gonna absolutely sweat out Geography tomorrow ahead of Wednesday's exam. I really need to nail it to secure this A* - not that I care about Geog but it would be embarrassing to get a bad score on a supposedly 'easy A*' (where that conclusion came from I have no idea - case studies will be the death of me!!)
Hey Guys and Girls,

I've mainly been memorising the Edexcel history book for tomorrow. I had fallen asleep at 4 and woke up at around 8 so I won't be getting much sleep.

I just had this idea. Well, it's something to think about but we could all meet up after the exams for a celebratory thing. Idk what we could do but I'm sure someone will think of something. Of course this is something that is dependant on if you would like to go and how far we live from each other. Me and my friends are going to have a party so I had thought that since I've got TSR friends we could do something similar.

Thank you for all of your kind words on those threads. It means a lot. Thanks again.

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Hey Guys and Girls,

I've mainly been memorising the Edexcel history book for tomorrow. I had fallen asleep at 4 and woke up at around 8 so I won't be getting much sleep.

I just had this idea. Well, it's something to think about but we could all meet up after the exams for a celebratory thing. Idk what we could do but I'm sure someone will think of something. Of course this is something that is dependant on if you would like to go and how far we live from each other. Me and my friends are going to have a party so I had thought that since I've got TSR friends we could do something similar.

Thank you for all of your kind words on those threads. It means a lot. Thanks again.

Good luck for your exam! :smile:

I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS!! I'd really love to meet you guys, if it could work this is such a great idea :biggrin:

You've said your fair share of kind words too, so thank you too :h:
Good luck for your exam! :smile:

I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS!! I'd really love to meet you guys, if it could work this is such a great idea :biggrin:

You've said your fair share of kind words too, so thank you too :h:

No worries. Thank you.

Someone would have to tame us two though 😏😏😏😏😏😏

But we should defo do this.

(edited 7 years ago)
No worries. Thank you.

Someone would have to tame us too though 😏😏😏😏😏😏

But we should defo do this.

You're welcome.

What's that supposed to mean huh? 😏😏😏

And I agree 👍🏻
Isn't that meant to be really spicy. I think that'll burn away all of the germs on your skin 😂😂😂😂😂 Are you Japanese ?

Haha..no...but I am Asian...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahra30013
Wow!hopefully, it'll be a day of celebration!:smile:

This is the first I have heard of this. I never knew this existed!

Or a day of Great Depression...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala*15
Haha..no...but I am Asian...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you Pakistani ?

You're welcome.

What's that supposed to mean huh? 😏😏😏

And I agree 👍🏻

Idk 😏😏😏...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending