The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it seems Coyle will have it rough at Blackburn. It's like McLeish at villa and Allardyce at Newcastle
Original post by scriggy
He's already been at Wigan haha. Short odds on Preston next.

Completely forgot about that.

Preston or Fleetwood next.
Original post by Mackay
Completely forgot about that.

Preston or Fleetwood next.

Plot twist; Manchester United.
He's going to be the most hated man in Lancashire. Burnley fans hate him, Wigan fans hate him and Blackburn fans are practically rioting about his appointment already. Doubt he's that popular in Bolton either!
Giggs to Bolton?! Could it be?
Original post by Mackay
Giggs to Bolton?! Could it be?

Nope. Its our Parkinson :frown:.

Giggs to Bradford
At least Bolton will get a JPT Wembley trip out of it probably.
Original post by Mackay
At least Bolton will get a JPT Wembley trip out of it probably.

Jpt ? It was league cup. We'll see. PP has done well for us. At least long ball will be gone hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parkinson confirmed.
Haven't looked at this thread in ages despite the excitement of the end of the season and play offs, but thought that this worth mentioning.

http://www.efl.com//news/article/2016/premier-league-trial-for-the-trophy-3140598.aspx

Absolute joke, I really hope all League One and Two supporters don't go to any of these games next season. Once again proves how the Premier League don't care at all about lower league clubs.
Ridiculous concept - clearly bringing financial benefits to the lower league clubs, because you can't imagine many would've voted in favour without that being the case.

What does this do to the lower leagues? That remains to be seen.
The big clubs get bigger innit
Original post by joddcfc

Absolute joke, I really hope all League One and Two supporters don't go to any of these games next season. Once again proves how the Premier League don't care at all about lower league clubs.

I just hope we see as many PL B sides draw each other as possible. Serves them right.
Original post by Mackay
I just hope we see as many PL B sides draw each other as possible. Serves them right.

Crowds for this competition are already terrible, I only see them getting lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Crowds for this competition are already terrible, I only see them getting lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. Is it worth it? Surely teams like Rochdale would rather be facing Oldham/Bury/Bolton/Fleetwood, not Watford Bs.
Original post by Mackay
This. Is it worth it? Surely teams like Rochdale would rather be facing Oldham/Bury/Bolton/Fleetwood, not Watford Bs.

I find the idea of playing the B sides pretty insulting to be honest. Though to emphasise, JPT crowds are already quite poor and I think the competition is an unwanted distraction for most clubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The new numbers for the Football League on the back of the shirts are dreadful.
Reading to announce Jaap Stam as manager. Not a headline I've ever expected.
Original post by shawn_o1
Reading to announce Jaap Stam as manager. Not a headline I've ever expected.

Theres only ever been two headlines in my whole life that I was expecting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Jaap Stam hasn't aged. He has always looked mid-40s.

Quick Reply

Latest