The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Im130
You can use IDA in PsyA4 for the psychopathology section. So depression, schizophrenia, and phobic disorders. Their exam questions are virtually laid out like PSYA3 exans

Yeah, I was thinking that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2261
Original post by Im130
You can use IDA in PsyA4 for the psychopathology section. So depression, schizophrenia, and phobic disorders. Their exam questions are virtually laid out like PSYA3 exans

This is what you get by having half qualified teachers.. My teacher specifically told us we couldn't use it but I've looked at AQA markschemes and you're right 🙄🙄
You can use IDA but its not necessary is the difference between PSYA3 and PSYA4, so that's probably why your teacher said not to use them - they're not necessary, so it's better to focus on other points

That said, they would still get marks
Reply 2263
Could someone please mark a few aggression questions for me? :-)
For "theories for the formation of relationships" are they guaranteed to only ask for one theory or two theories? I have need/satisfaction theory + similarity theory but don't know if it's worth memorizing both.
We don't have to do questions in any order right? We just write the number and do whichever? Eating behaviour is my weak point atm so want to do that last
Original post by кяя
For "theories for the formation of relationships" are they guaranteed to only ask for one theory or two theories? I have need/satisfaction theory + similarity theory but don't know if it's worth memorizing both.

Usually they ask for 'one or more', or at the most they'd specify two. They may not even be specific - just ask you to discuss theories, without specifying a number. I wouldn't ever do more than that, and they wouldn't ever ask for three specifically, there'd be far too little time to give an effective answer about three
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2267
For those doing gender.. Are you going to revise Kohlberg's theory and Gender Schema? I don't know if I should (I'd rather not tbh lol not a big fan of them), is it likely for these essays to come up?
Original post by кяя

They can ask for two or more. Nothing stopping them. Usually you would do one full essay, as you normally would, and add on a little bit more of AO1.

That being said, you can kill two birds with one stone by mentioning the sexual selection and reproduction research as part of the Sociobiological theory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Tips on writing faster? I mean, it IS quicker to write joining up the letters right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2270
Original post by yasx_
For those doing gender.. Are you going to revise Kohlberg's theory and Gender Schema? I don't know if I should (I'd rather not tbh lol not a big fan of them), is it likely for these essays to come up?

I've not revised schema theory... But Kohlberg I have!
Original post by violetvictorious
Tips on writing faster? I mean, it IS quicker to write joining up the letters right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joining letters is quicker yes haha

Also try not to hold the pen too tightly or press to hard, your hand will get tired quick.
Original post by yasx_

Nope, according to predictions they're not likely to come up. If they do I'm fkin screwed but lol fk it
Original post by violetvictorious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol the timing for PSYA3 is so tight, looking up once can literally cost you a grade
Train forearms before PSYA3 a few barbell curls and you should finish in time
Does anyone revising Understanding of Others have any supporting / opposing studies, in particular ones with methodological issues? I have one study but with no issues and then just a ton of IDA...
Original post by NHM
I've not revised schema theory... But Kohlberg I have!

i fitted in revising schema this morning as i saw a few people say it might come up?:s-smilie: better be safe than sorry... i've revised kohlberg too
Anyone still not memorised all essays? I say I still have like 4 to memorise..
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone still not memorised all essays? I say I still have like 4 to memorise..

I have one left, that's it... Although I'm still not great with one of my topics, praying for a good question aha
Anyone have any good essay plans or notes regarding cultural influences on gender they'd be willing to share ?

Latest

Trending

Trending