The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

There is no reason. Some people might say because same sex relationships can't produce children but that's not true anymore because there are a lot of fertility treatments available 👍
To be honest we should ban religion instead of homosexuality.
Original post by Christie_xx
There is no reason. Some people might say because same sex relationships can't produce children but that's not true anymore because there are a lot of fertility treatments available 👍

And going with that argument, infertile people shouldn't be allowed to be in relationships.

Original post by Collombia
To be honest we should ban religion instead of homosexuality.

Good luck with that, when approximately 50% of England is Christian, and another 5% is Muslim.
Original post by donutellme
I'm fine with gay people. I don't treat them any differently to how I treat anyone else. I don't impose anything on them. I don't bring up their sexuality when dealing with them. But if we legalise homosexual unions, then we will be forced to legalise many others. I draw the line at heterosexuality.

Because of the arguments used to justify gay relationships. Understand, i have nothing against gay people. But it will only lead to more and more openness.

You haven't gotten a single thing I've tried to say.

Yeah, but how is it rape if you agree to sex with your dad but not if you agree to it with someone else?

I'm saying that if you are okay with legalising homosexual marriages, then you should be okay with incest, because they both hinge on love and consent.

I don't support either for this very reason. If you support one but not the other out of disgust and inappropriateness, but don't get why people are against homosexuality, then you're a hypocrite. I'm baffled you don't understand this.

Wow I actually cannot believe what utter bull**** I am hearing you say. How does homosexuality "hinge on love and consent" if both parties are in love and giving consent???

Also, so what if someone wants to have a relationship with an object, say a chair? What has that got to do with you and how exactly does it affect your life? It certainly isn't affected the chairs 'life'. Bestiality is a different matter which I obviously do not agree with because animals can in no way give sexual consent. But that is irrelevant to the argument about homosexuality as, as previous posters have indicated to you, the two have nothing to do with each other. How can you say that allowing homophobia will lead to an increase in bestiality? How can you compare a gay man to a horse or a dog? If you genuinely believe the stuff you're saying then I feel sorry for you and your ignorance.

Also, you clearly are a homophobe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mactotaur
Good luck with that, when approximately 50% of England is Christian, and another 5% is Muslim.

People will smarten up soon enough. =D
I'm fine with gay people. I don't treat them any differently to how I treat anyone else. I don't impose anything on them. I don't bring up their sexuality when dealing with them. But if we legalise homosexual unions, then we will be forced to legalise many others. I draw the line at heterosexuality.

Homosexuality is legalised. Bestiality, incest, pedophilia, etc, has not been legalised despite it having been almost fifty years since homosexuality was legalised.
Original post by katemate98
Wow I actually cannot believe what utter bull**** I am hearing you say. How does homosexuality "hinge on love and consent" if both parties are in love and giving consent???

Also, so what if someone wants to have a relationship with an object, say a chair? What has that got to do with you and how exactly does it affect your life? It certainly isn't affected the chairs 'life'. Bestiality is a different matter which I obviously do not agree with because animals can in no way give sexual consent. But that is irrelevant to the argument about homosexuality as, as previous posters have indicated to you, the two have nothing to do with each other. How can you say that allowing homophobia will lead to an increase in bestiality? How can you compare a gay man to a horse or a dog? If you genuinely believe the stuff you're saying then I feel sorry for you and your ignorance.

Also, you clearly are a homophobe.

Can you read? I said that the argument for legalising homosexuality is that two people are consenting and in love, which is a fair argument. But that can also be applied to incestuous relationships and more.

Not an increase in beastiality (which isn't even my main point, it was just a possible example), but an increase in acceptance of it. And I'm not so much of an idiot as to think animals can consent, even though you may think that's the case as I don't agree with you on this thing.... :colonhash:

I swear, all of you are deliberately trying to not see my point of view. The same people who preach tolerance and understanding and having an open mind. Yup, I'm the ignorant one. :colonhash:

Homosexuality is legalised. Bestiality, incest, pedophilia, etc, has not been legalised despite it having been almost fifty years since homosexuality was legalised.

You don't think it will be? Homosexuality (or at least civil partnerships) weren't legal in the UK until very recently either. It's only a matter of time.

You don't think it will be? Homosexuality (or at least civil partnerships) weren't legal in the UK until very recently either. It's only a matter of time.

Homosexuality's been legal for almost fifty years. Bestiality has been actively criminalised in European states for the damage it does to people, such as killing people by internal rupturing. I'm sure I don't need to go into more detail.

If you scroll up, you'll see where I partially agreed with you with regards to incest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Homosexuality's been legal for almost fifty years. Bestiality has been actively criminalised in European states for the damage it does to people, such as killing people by internal rupturing. I'm sure I don't need to go into more detail.

If you scroll up, you'll see where I partially agreed with you with regards to incest.

No you dont haha. I understand that there are many arguments against beastiality, but given time there will be just as many for (even if we cant think of any now). And if you agree that incest should be legalised as well, then you are not a hypocrite.
No you dont haha. I understand that there are many arguments against beastiality, but given time there will be just as many for (even if we cant think of any now). And if you agree that incest should be legalised as well, then you are not a hypocrite.

Like I said, incest is fine apart from the stigma attached to it, but I wouldn't suggest trying to have children through it.

Not only is that line not yours to draw, the assumption that you'll be forced to legalise other forms is hilarious and saying you don't impose anything on us then stating you think we shouldn't have the rights you have, shows how much of a shallow contradiction your life is. Lmfao.
Original post by Grand High Witch
Citation needed.

Also, do you think that's a good enough reason on its own to ban homosexuality?

Citation?? Haven't you been reading the news? Just check a news site. Bbc for example.

Also, it's not only gonorrhoea, the spread of various other sexually transmitted diseases are being accelerated. Syphilis and chlamydia are other examples.
Original post by ivybridge
Not only is that line not yours to draw, the assumption that you'll be forced to legalise other forms is hilarious and saying you don't impose anything on us then stating you think we shouldn't have the rights you have, shows how much of a shallow contradiction your life is. Lmfao.

Calm down
Original post by The person
Calm down

Not only am I perfectly calm but I also do not need your permission to speak.
Citation?? Haven't you been reading the news? Just check a news site. Bbc for example.

Also, it's not only gonorrhoea, the spread of various other sexually transmitted diseases are being accelerated. Syphilis and chlamydia are other examples.

If you're so confident in your stance, why not post a few sources?
And going with that argument, infertile people shouldn't be allowed to be in relationships.

64% Christian actually
64% Christian actually

That was the last census. A survey was done more recently (last year) which points to my claim.
If you're so confident in your stance, why not post a few sources?

You can't be bothered searching "gonorrhoea BBC"? I'm not going to bother posting any sources. My tablet is bad enough just typing on it.
I'm amazed that you actually think I'm ********ting. Can't you face reality?
You can't be bothered searching "gonorrhoea BBC"? I'm not going to bother posting any sources. My tablet is bad enough just typing on it.
I'm amazed that you actually think I'm ********ting. Can't you face reality?

If you don't back up your claims, nobody should believe them. As with any claims.
Ok I've thought hard and I've come up with a list of reasons:

-
-
-
-
-

There.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending