Last years grades:
Environmental Studies - B
Geograohy - B
Business - C

Ive retook unit 2 Geography and am predicted:
ES - A/B
Geog - A/B
Business - B/C

I really dont think ill get worse than that because ive revised alot. All i need is all Cs to get into Winchester uni for geog, but i really like the look of it so dont think id ever re-adjust
Are you AS or A2? AS
What subjects are you taking? I'm doing OCR maths and further maths, then AQA for physics, chemistry and biology
How are exams going? Currently 6 down and 6 to go, I'm so unsure how it's gone so far (especially with new science specs) but staying optimistic as nothing went terribly wrong
To which university are you hoping to go? I have a few in mind, but my main two are Imperial and Durham
To study which subject? Physics :biggrin:
What grades are you predicted? All As I think, but these predictions are from the start of September and I don't really have one for further maths because it's self-taught. However, my own targets are 5 As with a 90% average across my maths modules
How are you feeling about results day? Just want to get it over with so I can crack on with A2 and apply to the unis I want
Good luck guys! Hope exams are going well :h: it'll be results day before you know it. :eek:
Helpful Nirgilis is helpful :teehee:
Apologies in advance for all the panicked spam posts I will surely be making

I'm never gonna meet my firm :frown:

At least we'll hopefully be able to look back at this post-results and laugh at ourselves I guess.

Also, all the guides are up, it's official, Results Day is coming...

:afraid: :bricks: :cry2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by emiloujess

I'm never gonna meet my firm :frown:

What makes you say that?
Original post by SH0405
What makes you say that?

Behind on revision :frown: I was counting on Sociology to be my A but now I'm really hoping a miracle happens and I get an A in Psychology. Plus I don't even wanna talk about Film :frown:
Behind on revision :frown: I was counting on Sociology to be my A but now I'm really hoping a miracle happens and I get an A in Psychology. Plus I don't even wanna talk about Film :frown:

Man I hope you get in so bad, out of everyone on this forum, I genuinely think you're the most passionate about your chosen Uni (Cardiff)

I don't envy A2 psychology, I dropped it after AS (edexcel.) If it's any consolation, I resat psychology unit 2 and it was a beautiful paper! Hopefully that's a sign for A2 psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Man I hope you get in so bad, out of everyone on this forum, I genuinely think you're the most passionate about your chosen Uni (Cardiff)
I don't envy A2 psychology, I dropped it after AS (edexcel.) If it's any consolation, I resat psychology unit 2 and it was a beautiful paper! Hopefully that's a sign for A2 psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I really come across like that? :smile: I've been pretty unsure about living in a city but I guess my posts on this forum say a lot about
my supposed doubts haha :biggrin: I love the course more than anything though. Thanks :smile:

A2 Psychology (OCR) is actually the least of my worries at the moment :redface: I'm currently writing out a sample 10-marker for all of the studies because that's what let me down in the mock. Also the worst studies (IMO) came up last year so that was relieving to hear.

You're hoping for Medicine at Lancaster right? Argh I wish I had your grades though :')
Do I really come across like that? :smile: I've been pretty unsure about living in a city but I guess my posts on this forum say a lot about
my supposed doubts haha :biggrin: I love the course more than anything though. Thanks :smile:

A2 Psychology (OCR) is actually the least of my worries at the moment :redface: I'm currently writing out a sample 10-marker for all of the studies because that's what let me down in the mock. Also the worst studies (IMO) came up last year so that was relieving to hear.

You're hoping for Medicine at Lancaster right? Argh I wish I had your grades though :':wink:

I think we're all going to find moving into a city alone daunting, but that's what's going to make it exciting! Making friends and just doing whatever we want, studying the courses we love! Gah, I can't wait. I'll be even more excited after these bloody exams are over.

Medicine at Newcastle, you almost got it! ;D

You've got this don't fret mate.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I think we're all going to find moving into a city alone daunting, but that's what's going to make it exciting! Making friends and just doing whatever we want, studying the courses we love! Gah, I can't wait. I'll be even more excited after these bloody exams are over.

Medicine at Newcastle, you almost got it! ;D

You've got this don't fret mate.

I am trying not to let myself get excited over it because I'm likely not going to get in. My insurance university (Aberystwyth) is nice but I don't like the course nearly as much. However I am really looking forward to being able to explore a new place!

Aw damn :') sorry! Medicine seems so hard to get an offer for though so well done! :h:

I really hope you're right! I'm sure you'll do great too!
Might as well check in -

Not the typical A2 student - I have a deferred place at the University of Southampton to study BSc Chemistry (I got it through clearing last year) - I decided to retake Maths and pick up A2 physics this year (long story).

Hoping for an A* in Maths and a B in Physics (getting an A would be great, however I'd need to be super lucky), to go along with an A and a C in Chemistry and Biology, both of which I already have
Reply 112
A-Levels: Maths, Biology and History
AS Grades: AAAA
Firm University/Course: Anthropology at UCL
Required Grades: AAA (not gonna get it with how history is going lmao)

My first exam is M1 on Wednesday... 3 days :afraid:
Reply 113
Original post by BB8

My first exam is M1

Which exam board is that with?
oh hai, just an A2 student here...
Last year:
Media: B
Business: B
Economics: D (god damn crap poop exam, retook this year though much better this time round :/)
University Firm: BBB for Business Management at Kent, so little stretch at this point but still gunning for it! Getting anxious now so close to exams, first one on Wednesday! :eek:
Reply 115
Original post by SH0405
Which exam board is that with?

Edexcel
Original post by BB8
Edexcel

How was it? :smile:
Reply 117
How was it? :smile:

It went really well thanks - I'm confident I got an A :smile: now to focus on history for friday
AS level
Predicted grades;
Maths-A
Economics-A
Chemistry-A
Biology-A
Unis?
Nottingham
Queens University
Surrey
Course?
Pharmacology and pharmacy