The Student Room Group

Help with my A-level options!!!

I want to do economics degree but I am stuck deciding between business studies or politics A-Level. Which one is liked better by the top universities such as Warwick or Cambridge etc. (Particularly Russel Group Unis)
Original post by Adnan1996
I want to do economics degree but I am stuck deciding between business studies or politics A-Level. Which one is liked better by the top universities such as Warwick or Cambridge etc. (Particularly Russel Group Unis)

May I ask which other subjects you're going to do for A Level? To see which might be a better combination :smile:
Is business studies an A level or a BTEC?

If its a BTEC I'd definitely go for the A level. If not, then go for whatever you feel you'd most enjoy. To be honest, they don't really care about the subjects (unless its specific like you want to do a biology degree or be a doctor because then there is definitely specifics).

As long as you do 3, get good grades/ucas points from like maths or economics, I'm sure you'll be covered! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
May I ask which other subjects you're going to do for A Level? To see which might be a better combination :smile:

Maths, Further Maths and Economics
Maths, Further Maths and Economics

Those are all good subjects! I would suggest taking politics instead of business studies, because a lot of top universities don't like having economics and business studies together as they are considered to overlap too much. Have you considered taking geography perhaps (to have another facilitating subject)?
Reply 5
Those are all good subjects! I would suggest taking politics instead of business studies, because a lot of top universities don't like having economics and business studies together as they are considered to overlap too much. Have you considered taking geography perhaps (to have another facilitating subject)?

I don't really like Geography to be honest. Thanks for your help, I will probably take Politics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I wouldn't do either to be honest, I would consider doing a completely different A Level to be honest because it can be very intense doing 4 subjects like that!
Reply 7

thank you as well.

I would take politics. A lot of people consider Business as a mickey mouse subject and besides, politics is quite good to understand what's going on in this world and if you are interested in politics then I guess you'll do well in it
Reply 9
Original post by BTAnonymous
I would take politics. A lot of people consider Business as a mickey mouse subject and besides, politics is quite good to understand what's going on in this world and if you are interested in politics then I guess you'll do well in it

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest