The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
FML fasting :frown:

You starting tomorrow?
Original post by Zerforax
FML fasting :frown:

Oh man that's rough.

I could probably do with a bit of that tbh...
2 years since I left uni..

Feels like a long long time.

Got to keep progression quick though, no use sitting around when your young.

So far:
Left uni with bang average degree from bang average university.
Shitty job as a technician for 8 months
Move to china, wife kills it and negotiates me into a great role with an educational company.
Start own company after 2 months in china, Grow the company whilst working in my job.
Quit job in company after 6 months, but keep relationships good, able to work on a freelance basis with them if need to.
Run own company for 6 months, Set up office/teaching spaces, grow client/student numbers, earn good money.

Pretty happy...

Except that its all in china, which counts for **** when the life I want is in england, and most people in england discredit what I do, because its china.

Goals for the next year: (3rd year aftergraduation)

Grow and develop the business to the point where it can continue running after I leave china, and continue making me money without me being here.. then move back to england.

Have a person linned up to replace me as the manager.. they fit the job perfectly and would do a great job.. need another 2 members of staff to cover what me and and my wife currently do though. Effectivly would be leasing the premises, brand, established reputation/client list etc.. The money I earn would drop by around 70%, but then thats 30% of my current money, paid to me each month for doing bassically nothing (bar a few trips to china each year, and consulting with them).

Based on our calculations though, we would need around 240% more buisness each month then we currently have to make this viable.. so thats the goal.. need to grow that much in a year.

Not to bad, when I first started back last summer we had 6 clients, took ages to build our reputation.. after 4 months we had 10. By january 14. Then we left our jobs and pushed this full time. 24 clients by the end of feb. 42 after march. Currently we have 56.

Lots of work to do! But just need to keep going.
Original post by fallen_acorns
2 years since I left uni..

Feels like a long long time.

Got to keep progression quick though, no use sitting around when your young.

So far:
Left uni with bang average degree from bang average university.
Shitty job as a technician for 8 months
Move to china, wife kills it and negotiates me into a great role with an educational company.
Start own company after 2 months in china, Grow the company whilst working in my job.
Quit job in company after 6 months, but keep relationships good, able to work on a freelance basis with them if need to.
Run own company for 6 months, Set up office/teaching spaces, grow client/student numbers, earn good money.

Pretty happy...

Except that its all in china, which counts for **** when the life I want is in england, and most people in england discredit what I do, because its china.

Goals for the next year: (3rd year aftergraduation)

Grow and develop the business to the point where it can continue running after I leave china, and continue making me money without me being here.. then move back to england.

Have a person linned up to replace me as the manager.. they fit the job perfectly and would do a great job.. need another 2 members of staff to cover what me and and my wife currently do though. Effectivly would be leasing the premises, brand, established reputation/client list etc.. The money I earn would drop by around 70%, but then thats 30% of my current money, paid to me each month for doing bassically nothing (bar a few trips to china each year, and consulting with them).

Based on our calculations though, we would need around 240% more buisness each month then we currently have to make this viable.. so thats the goal.. need to grow that much in a year.

Not to bad, when I first started back last summer we had 6 clients, took ages to build our reputation.. after 4 months we had 10. By january 14. Then we left our jobs and pushed this full time. 24 clients by the end of feb. 42 after march. Currently we have 56.

Lots of work to do! But just need to keep going.

Will you be able to handle 190 clients between just you and your wife which is what it'll take to get to that 240% increase in business before you can get in extra help?
Original post by Zayn is Bae
You starting tomorrow?

Yea.. obviously meant to be a good thing to do but makes working life so difficult.

Original post by Lúcio
Oh man that's rough.

I could probably do with a bit of that tbh...

Going without the food is easy enough I find. It's the lack of water (which kills my concentration) and the messed up sleeping which affects me much more. Don't think those two things along with binge eating at 9.30pm and 2am is particularly healthy for the body.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Will you be able to handle 190 clients between just you and your wife which is what it'll take to get to that 240% increase in business before you can get in extra help?

Definetly not - My best workings show that we can cope with around 110 of our optimum clients, before we start to push crazy hours. (optimum, because we provide a number of different services, some are very time/cost effective, and others aren't.)

Bassically its: 110 or less = just me and the wife
~190 = able to provide enough income to run independently from us, using a office manager/minimum 2 staff

If this all comes off, then at somepoint we will need to gradually transition from one to the other, slowly giving our responsibilities away to the new manager. Ofcourse that will mean a hit to our income, but for us its all about trying to find the right path to a long-term buisness that will live on after we hand over day-to-day running, rather then making a lot of money now, and then havng it close when we leave china.

Issue is just how quick can it be done. If I wanted to stay in china 2-3 years, it would be no problem.. plenty of time to grow at a reasonable pace, as we have been doing, and slowly upgrade our buisness where we can.. But trying to squeeze all of that into 1 more year? I am really not sure it can be done, which may mean next spring we have the difficult decision of to say in china longer or not.
Thoughts on Dele Alli> Jack Wilshere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4887

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give it a year or so and yeah, Wilshere just get the Scholes treatment where he actually 'gets better' the less games he plays. He hasn't touched a football for 5 years and not he's the best CM of all time ffs.

Eva Carneiro is a complete cow. Was offered her job back, turned it down. Was offered £1.2 million for being a ****ing physio and turned that down too.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Give it a year or so and yeah, Wilshere just get the Scholes treatment where he actually 'gets better' the less games he plays. He hasn't touched a football for 5 years and not he's the best CM of all time ffs.

Eva Carneiro is a complete cow. Was offered her job back, turned it down. Was offered £1.2 million for being a ****ing physio and turned that down too.

Wonder how much she is demanding. I'd expect the 1.2mil offer to be based on "no admission of fault" by Chelsea/Mourinho whereas she's probably going to demand an apology from Mourinho :colondollar:

It will go against her for turning down that offer from Chelsea even if the Tribunal find in her favour but close to Chelsea's offer (they could make her pay costs for both sides for example).
When has Wilshere ever got 19 goals and assists (in 33 games, which is incredible really) in a PL season though. Dele is 10x the player.
When has Wilshere ever got 19 goals and assists (in 33 games, which is incredible really) in a PL season though. Dele is 10x the player.

Yes they definitely play the same position and role
Original post by difeo
Yes they definitely play the same position and role

It's hard to judge when one's played 141 minutes all season isn't it

Ramsey got 18 goals and assists in 23 games in 13/14 from the same position Wilshere plays so your point is irrelevant
It's hard to judge when one's played 141 minutes all season isn't it

Ramsey got 18 goals and assists in 23 games in 13/14 from the same position Wilshere plays so your point is irrelevant

You said "When has Wilshere ever"

My point that playing further forward makes it easier to score more goals is irrelevant? Strong.

In 2010/11, where everyone agrees he was great, he got 4 goals and assists. Because his game isn't based on stats, a bit like Iniesta who's had a great season and got 3 goals and assists. Brb Alli is better than Iniesta too
Original post by difeo
You said "When has Wilshere ever"

My point that playing further forward makes it easier to score more goals is irrelevant? Strong.

In 2010/11, where everyone agrees he was great, he got 4 goals and assists. Because his game isn't based on stats, a bit like Iniesta who's had a great season and got 3 goals and assists. Brb Alli is better than Iniesta too

Wilshere has played at 10 before, that's where Wenger sees him (played him at LW for a while), so he's played further forward and not scored many goals (or assisted really). He was good that year, wouldn't really describe it as great (and even if you would, Alli's season has been even greater, nobody would dispute that he's shown a higher level this season than Wilshere has ever shown in his entire career, it's just whether he can maintain it).

Lol at comparing Wilshere to Iniesta btw.
Wilshere has played at 10 before, that's where Wenger sees him (played him at LW for a while), so he's played further forward and not scored many goals (or assisted really). He was good that year, wouldn't really describe it as great (and even if you would, Alli's season has been even greater, nobody would dispute that he's shown a higher level this season than Wilshere has ever shown in his entire career, it's just whether he can maintain it).

Lol at comparing Wilshere to Iniesta btw.

He was YPOTY, Arsenal's POTY and in the TOTY lol, so he definitely was great and you could certainly argue greater than Alli has been this year.

He's played 10 games ever in attacking mid and 4 at left wing, it's pretty clear his best position is deep.

I'm comparing them in the sense that they are players whose greatness isn't reflected by their goals and assists.
That obviously doesn't mean Wilshere is on Iniesta's level, imagine not comprehending that
Reply 4896
Alli hype is unreal.
Original post by difeo
He was YPOTY, Arsenal's POTY and in the TOTY lol, so he definitely was great and you could certainly argue greater than Alli has been this year.

He's played 10 games ever in attacking mid and 4 at left wing, it's pretty clear his best position is deep.

I'm comparing them in the sense that they are players whose greatness isn't reflected by their goals and assists.
That obviously doesn't mean Wilshere is on Iniesta's level, imagine not comprehending that

Dele was the YPOTY and in the TOTY lol, how have you worked out that Wilshere's season was as good as Alli's, a player that just arrived from MK Dons compared to Wilshere who had already been integrated to within the Arsenal first team squad?

So basically a worthless comparison then isn't it, if Wilshere doesn't orchestrate as well as Iniesta then it means he's so expendable it's unreal (i.e. not getting goals and assists and not running the game like Andres does).
(edited 7 years ago)
Alli hype is beyond ridiculous. Just wanted to point out he's even worse than Wilshere when it comes to behaviour/attitude.

On another note, f*cking hate people who came to this country/are not English and try to state their reasons as voting for the leave campaign to be that they won't 'migrants' coming to the country and limiting their opportunities. What a bunch of horrible bastards. Thoughts?
Dele was the YPOTY and in the TOTY lol, how have you worked out that Wilshere's season was as good?

So basically a worthless comparison then isn't it, if Wilshere doesn't orchestrate as well as Iniesta then it means he's so expendable it's unreal (i.e. not getting goals and assists and not running the game like Andres does).

I know, which proves he also had a great season. Worked out from watching them both, how have you worked out the opposite?

The point of the comparison was simply to show that your logic of "more goals and assists = better player!!", is retarded.

Latest