The Student Room Group

Official ramadan 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophia.f
Good luck :smile:

Thank you. I think.
We're doing it on Tuesday here, well according to our local Mosque anyway. Not sure who to follow :redface:
Original post by Lord Samosa
We're doing it on Tuesday here, well according to our local Mosque anyway. Not sure who to follow :redface:

Atleast I found a fellow Muslim fasting on Tuesday as well. :hello:
Original post by Serine Soul
I hate that my lady calendar is such that I miss the first few and the last few. I always miss out on the fun parts :sad:

I've realised that I'll be pretty occupied by exams this year though so I'm essentially expecting Ramadan to fly by

Mine is literally the same 😞
Original post by Rhythmical
Atleast I found a fellow Muslim fasting on Tuesday as well. :hello:

I know two more people starting on Tuesday, rest are starting on Monday lol. But I hate this, it feels weird not fasting tomorrow when some many other people are :indiff:
RAMADAN MUBARAK EVERYONE
FAV MONTH IS FINALLY HERE

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know two more people starting on Tuesday, rest are starting on Monday lol. But I hate this, it feels weird not fasting tomorrow when some many other people are :indiff:

I know it is weird, my auntie does it according to Saudi and while we are fasting for the final time, most people are celebrating Eid and I find it so strange why it's always split.
I swear it is Tuesday though? :smile:

My calendar says Tuesday too so confused
Original post by AthiaKarim
My calendar says Tuesday too so confused

I'd say ask the local Mosque or watch Noor TV or something, they told us ours was on Tuesday as we follow the nearest Muslim country.
it dont really matter what day you start as long as you follow the mosque your in the right. even if it was the wrong day your not punishable because it was the mosques verdict not yours.
I'd say ask the local Mosque or watch Noor TV or something, they told us ours was on Tuesday as we follow the nearest Muslim country.

The mosque we follow are starting on Tuesday too!

It's just so confusing because some people I know are starting theirs tomorrow! At least I know now some people are starting on Tuesday too :tongue:
Original post by AthiaKarim
The mosque we follow are starting on Tuesday too!

It's just so confusing because some people I know are starting theirs tomorrow! At least I know now some people are starting on Tuesday too :tongue:

I know I find it so confusing, like why is it all different :frown: but I'm glad mine isn't on Monday as I feel so underprepared
Original post by Biryani007
SO EXCITEDDDDDD :yay:

Ive been looking forward to this month all year...nothing can compare to the feeling Ramadaan brings :ahee:

Good!

im v excited too, esp for taraweeh in the mosque :smile:
I know it is weird, my auntie does it according to Saudi and while we are fasting for the final time, most people are celebrating Eid and I find it so strange why it's always split.

I think it depends on which school of thought you follow. Hanafi follow I think Saudi or the first country to spot it (so don't skip a day).

Whereas Shafi'i, follow the nearest country (in our case Morocco). We follow the Hanafi school of thought so should be doing it tomorrow, but our mosque for some reason says otherwise (but our Imams like to be different all the time anyway :lol:)
Original post by strikeh
it dont really matter what day you start as long as you follow the mosque your in the right. even if it was the wrong day your not punishable because it was the mosques verdict not yours.

couldnt agree more :smile:
I think it depends on which school of thought you follow. Hanafi follow I think Saudi or the first country to spot it (so don't skip a day).

Whereas Shafi'i, follow the nearest country (in our case Morocco). We follow the Hanafi school of thought so should be doing it tomorrow, but our mosque for some reason says otherwise (but our Imams like to be different all the time anyway :lol:)

Ah right, it confuses me half of the time, I'd rather everyone do it together to be fair :biggrin: because half of the people will be celebrating Eid while the rest are still fasting. Can't wait for Ramadan in Winter. :smile:
[QUOTE="hxfsxh;65479437"]Ramadan is on Tuesday for the UK though, right? because only Saudi Arabia have sighted the moon and I'm pretty sure there's a hadith that states you should observe Ramadan when your own country sees the moon.[/QUOTE

Yeah exactly you should see it in your own country!

That's strange cause I'm a hanafi and we don't follow Saudi
This will be me during Ramadan. :cry2: :rip: @Gains

we can do this boys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending