The Student Room Group

Alevel results, life philosophy seeking advice

I have just done my as levels and I know I havnt done all that great but this year I have tried to develop a positive approach towards life, but I feel like I have hypnotised myself into a deluded mindset and unprepared for the awful results that will inevitably come. I'm feeling as if nothing is happening in life, I have no hobbies and never seem to have developed a passion for much of anything, this makes me worry over my UCAS application as I have nothing to say for my self. Above all this I feel as if I lie in a "purgatorial state" as to so say. I'm trapped in my life with nothing to do or to look forward to. My friends have for the most part become distant from me since I revealed myself to be bisexual, aside from around two close people I trust. Ordinarily I would feel upset by this but I just feel nothing, I feel as if I have no sense of self anymore, I have no idea who I am and where my life will end up. Sorry to bother people with my issues but I'm unsure wether or not to be conserned, and if there is any useful advice as to solve how I'm feeling.
Original post by Opal12
I have just done my as levels and I know I havnt done all that great but this year I have tried to develop a positive approach towards life, but I feel like I have hypnotised myself into a deluded mindset and unprepared for the awful results that will inevitably come. I'm feeling as if nothing is happening in life, I have no hobbies and never seem to have developed a passion for much of anything, this makes me worry over my UCAS application as I have nothing to say for my self. Above all this I feel as if I lie in a "purgatorial state" as to so say. I'm trapped in my life with nothing to do or to look forward to. My friends have for the most part become distant from me since I revealed myself to be bisexual, aside from around two close people I trust. Ordinarily I would feel upset by this but I just feel nothing, I feel as if I have no sense of self anymore, I have no idea who I am and where my life will end up. Sorry to bother people with my issues but I'm unsure wether or not to be conserned, and if there is any useful advice as to solve how I'm feeling.

When it comes to worrying about ucas as long as you can show an interest for your degree subject apart from certain exceptions you dont have to have hobbies or work experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending