The Student Room Group

OCR AS-Level Computer Science - Component 01 - 06 June 2016 [Exam discussion]

OCR AS Computer Science Component 01 Official Thread
Date of Exam: 06/06/2016
Hi,
This is a discussion thread for the OCR AS-Level Computer Science Component 01 Exam on the 6th of June this year. Only a few weeks left now. I hope everyones revising! If you're stuck on anything feel free to drop a post below! If you have any advice/things to watch out for/resources PLEASE do post down below! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Can somebody tell if these exams at all contribute to the final A-level grade?
Reply 3
The AS exams this year do not. Next year you'll take these exams again (different questions ofc) and that's when they'll count
Original post by Brandontom11
Can somebody tell if these exams at all contribute to the final A-level grade?
Anyone got good revision material for this exam?
Original post by Brandontom11
Anyone got good revision material for this exam?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HzEBLlJxlrwBAHJ5S9JQg
check the link. There's videos in the OCR specification order. Hope it helps :smile:
Could somebody kindly link me back to the thread with all the upcoming exams on,I can't find it anywhere :frown:
What is the answer for representing 55 in real point binary woth 8 bit Mantissa and 8 bit exponent
Original post by minhalkhan2461
What is the answer for representing 55 in real point binary woth 8 bit Mantissa and 8 bit exponent

I think it is 01101110 for the mantissa with 00000110 for the exponent.
Original post by NamelessPersona
I think it is 01101110 for the mantissa with 00000110 for the exponent.

Fairly certain I got that.
How would u represent that as a normalised (use minimum number of bits) to show 55
Reply 11
has an unofficial mark scheme been released yet?
You would omit the leading 0s on the exponent leaving you with a 4 bit exponent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
#';

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending