The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Guys can someone write a rough plan about what case studies and what points you'll need in each para for decentralisation of retailing. I'm confused whether to discuss decentralisation of inner city leading to redevelopment of inner city or to talk about out of town retail. Thanks X
Anybody got a case study of a constructive plate boundary earthquake and could explain how a constructive plate boundary causes an earthquake?
This is for the 40mark on the nature of seismic and volcanic events.
Thanks!
I think there will be something about depressions in the W&C short questions, it hasn't come up in the short questions for all of the past papers available on the AQA website
Original post by maximiles97
Predictions that i've seen the most:

Conflicts 25 and 40 marks section will either be themed on Separatism or Multicultural society

Ecosystems: i'm thinking tropical biome, dono what else tbh

World Cities: Urban decline, Planning and management, Sustainability (one of those 100%)

What could they ask about sustainability in terms of World Cities? Any ideas?

I've checked out the spec and there doesn't seem to be anything on sustainability. It doesn't show up on my geography lesson plans that our geography teachers gave us.

(Unless you mean like waste and transport management)
Original post by Peppercrunch
What could they ask about sustainability in terms of World Cities? Any ideas?

I've checked out the spec and there doesn't seem to be anything on sustainability. It doesn't show up on my geography lesson plans that our geography teachers gave us.

(Unless you mean like waste and transport management)

yeah yeah waste/transport management
Original post by maryox
Guys can someone write a rough plan about what case studies and what points you'll need in each para for decentralisation of retailing. I'm confused whether to discuss decentralisation of inner city leading to redevelopment of inner city or to talk about out of town retail. Thanks X

For a 40 marker it will most likely be all of them points.
Reply 926
Original post by psychemma
I think there will be something about depressions in the W&C short questions, it hasn't come up in the short questions for all of the past papers available on the AQA website

they came up in 2012 and 2013
Original post by millss
they came up in 2012 and 2013

2012 isn't on the website to be fair and in 2013 it was only the 7 mark question using a figure
Reply 928
Original post by psychemma
2012 isn't on the website to be fair and in 2013 it was only the 7 mark question using a figure

i think seeing as its been on two papers theyre more likely to ask something else (im thinking maybe urban heat islands and winds etc.) but yeah you never know
Does a higher silica content mean that gas becomes trapped and harder to escape, thus leading to stickyness and explosivity? Sorry if I sound dumb, sciencey geography isn't my strong point.
Original post by millss
i think seeing as its been on two papers theyre more likely to ask something else (im thinking maybe urban heat islands and winds etc.) but yeah you never know

I feel like the 40 marker could be on weather in urban areas but I'm not sure, but yeah I think it'll be something like winds or explaining the formation of something because last year was global warming and the year before was quite case study based (in the 25m section)
Original post by azzax
Hi guys. So I saw there was no geog thread for A2 geog so I made one :smile: Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to geog :smile:
And thought I'd let everyone know, I will be posting my notes on TSR throughout the year for the topics that I will be learning this year which are as follows:
World Cities
Development and Globalisation
Plate Tectonics
I will start posting my notes once my laptop comes back from repair :smile:

Can i have your tectonics notes please?
Original post by Luis Suarez
Does a higher silica content mean that gas becomes trapped and harder to escape, thus leading to stickyness and explosivity? Sorry if I sound dumb, sciencey geography isn't my strong point.

yeah the magma becomes more solidified as it rises so there is a build up in pressure as well as gas becoming trapped - leads to explosive, less frequent eruptions
Do we need to know the types of eruption (Plinian, Icelandic etc)?
predictions for weather and climate?
25 marker and 40 marker

I think 25 marker will be on british isles and atmospheric circulation stuff
40 marker on microclimates or ITCZ and climate of tropical area
Can someone explain what convection currents are and the link to magma please?
Reply 936
Convection currents happen in the mantle, heat from the core causes them. Hot material (magma) is less dense to it rises to the top and the cooler magma is less dense so it sinks. Creates a circulatory motion which caused drag on the bottom of plates, causing them to move
any plate tectonic essay predictions?
Original post by tcameron
40 marker for plate tectonics?
and I think the world cities question will be on role of world cities (8) and private-partnership regeneration or planning and management (10)

it wont be partnership as that was last year
Original post by SJJ97
Are intrusive tectonic features batholiths and dykes ect

yes you should only need 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending