The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amangill1999
There was also devenue. What did everyone put for the synonyms? How did everyone find the essays? Luckily smoking was one of them!
Oh yes, devenue. Maigrir=perdre du poids, vraiment=réellement, I'm not sure about the others. Yesterday I told my French class that I thought music would come up, and it did. However, I chose smoking because I thought there was a lot more to say about it. I finished it more quickly than I'd expected to (without rushing), but from the moment my computer froze, everything was a bit disjointed for me
Did anyone else run out of time?, i had to rush the conclusion so i only wrote 1 line, will i lose marks?
Reply 122
Original post by mannan_hassan
Did anyone else run out of time?, i had to rush the conclusion so i only wrote 1 line, will i lose marks?

As long as you finished off that sentence you should be fine. I remember reading Examiners Reports and they said that intro and conclusion are not really compulsory. As long as you have put ur opinion every so often and followed the PEE format, I think you will be okay 🙂
Which essay did u choose btw
maigrir = perdre du poids
vraiment = réellement
initiés = adeptes
trouvé = découvert
accessible = faisable
Reply 124
What are the usual grade boundaries?
Q1A
Freedom
Eat what you want
Find your things if you are organised
Be messy if you are not tidy
Spend money only on yourself

Q1B
Have a social life more easily
Share chores
Save money

Q1C
Talk to each other to solve problems
Honesty
Have things in Common
Does anyone remember briefly the 5 questions for the reading... I feel like I missed one out..?
Original post by AnonymousPoster
vraiment = réellement
initiés = adeptes
trouvé = découvert
accessible = faisable

I think there was one more, too, to do with confidence or something along those lines (it was the last one)

Original post by Susi3b
What are the usual grade boundaries?

High 80s for an A, high 70s for a B, low 70s for a C and so on
Original post by woopwoopwoopwoop
Does anyone remember briefly the 5 questions for the reading... I feel like I missed one out..?
OMG, same
confiant = sûr
Original post by Susi3b
As long as you finished off that sentence you should be fine. I remember reading Examiners Reports and they said that intro and conclusion are not really compulsory. As long as you have put ur opinion every so often and followed the PEE format, I think you will be okay 🙂
Which essay did u choose btw

Thank you😊 and i chose the music one
Reply 131
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
I think there was one more, too, to do with confidence or something along those lines (it was the last one)

High 80s for an A, high 70s for a B, low 70s for a C and so on

Thanks 👍🏽
Oh damn lost that A
Prediction for grade boundaries this year??
publics, offrant

no it was publiques
Original post by chartreux5
no it was publiques
I'm pretty sure it was masculine plural, but Idk now
I'm pretty sure it was masculine plural, but Idk now

no it was definitely feminin plural, it was a trap
Original post by chartreux5
no it was definitely feminin plural, it was a trap

What was the noun again?
Original post by AnonymousPoster
vraiment = réellement
initiés = adeptes
trouvé = découvert
accessible = faisable

For trouve I'm pretty sure it was cherche with an accent on both es but I can't do that on my computer
What was the noun again?

i don't remember but everyone in my class found publiques, and i go to a french school, lol

it was only a mark anyway dw
Original post by Gnatt27
For trouve I'm pretty sure it was cherche with an accent on both es but I can't do that on my computer

there was also confiant = sur de lui

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending