The Student Room Group

Aqa comp1 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UsmanM
Hz was 800 in the question but you had to use 1600 because of Nyquist's Thoerem. So it was 1600 x 12 x 20 (20 was the seconds) then you had to divide by 8 and you got 48 000 bytes

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-COMP1-QP-JUN13.PDF
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-COMP1-W-MS-JUN13.PDF

Check out Question 16. Identical just different numbers. They didn't double the bits.
Reply 301
Original post by Hassan Hassan
Section C that 4 mark question on what was wrong with that CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip.. What'd you guys say?

The code had 3 calls to that function, you needed 4 for all 4 diagonals from the square. (I.e. Top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left) but they were only 3. And one of them was 0, 0 so was checking if it could move nowhere.

That's what I got.
Original post by UsmanM
The code had 3 calls to that function, you needed 4 for all 4 diagonals from the square. (I.e. Top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left) but they were only 3. And one of them was 0, 0 so was checking if it could move nowhere.

That's what I got.

Yeah i said something similar, said that it was an error because 1. it didn't have (-1,-1) etc to flip diagonally. Said that it was missing (-1,-1) , 0,0 wouldnt flip diagonally, and was missing (-1,1).

3 Marks right?
Reply 303
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-COMP1-QP-JUN13.PDF
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-COMP1-W-MS-JUN13.PDF

Check out Question 16. Identical just different numbers. They didn't double the bits.

oh, but didn't our questions say that the highest frequency was 800Hz. Therefore the frequency of the Sampling Rate is 1600hz?

And yeah, 3 marks.

Correction: it was.4 marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah i said something similar, said that it was an error because 1. it didn't have (-1,-1) etc to flip diagonally. Said that it was missing (-1,-1) , 0,0 wouldnt flip diagonally, and was missing (-1,1).

3 Marks right?

There were 4 marks up for that one but I think there were more mistakes than marks??

Looking at some of these answers I'm hoping the grade boundaries were as low as last year(very unlikely)

I want full UMS!! xD
Original post by UsmanM
oh, but didn't our questions say that the highest frequency was 800Hz. Therefore the frequency of the Sampling Rate is 1600hz?

And yeah, 3 marks.

**** it was 4 marks, where was the last mark supposed to come from?
Reply 306
Original post by ThisGuyThough
There were 4 marks up for that one but I think there were more mistakes than marks??

Looking at some of these answers I'm hoping the grade boundaries were as low as last year(very unlikely)

I want full UMS!! xD

Last year, never gna happen. Today's paper wasn't hard and it was an A2 paper only so everyone did good in it. That means , higher boundaries, I reckon at least 83 marks for an A
Original post by UsmanM
Last year, never gna happen. Today's paper wasn't hard and it was an A2 paper only so everyone did good in it. That means , higher boundaries, I reckon at least 83 marks for an A

There was a 1 mark question in section C asking for a Subroutine that didn't have a Structure.. What'd you say?
Original post by UsmanM

That's what I got.

There was also 5 parameters instead of 6 it was missing board

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThisGuyThough

I want full UMS!! xD

I got that but also the fact they call the function before they assign Row and Column their values, it would fail immediately as Row and Column are not passed in.
**** it was 4 marks, where was the last mark supposed to come from?

I said the calls to FlipOpponentPieceInOneDirection should have been after Row and Column have their values assigned, and for the column use floor instead of divide - anyone else get this??
Ahh messed that up. Probably around 70 for me I think, ran out of time and didn't finish the last question. Hopefully I get a B.
Original post by Teee123
Ahh messed that up. Probably around 70 for me I think, ran out of time and didn't finish the last question. Hopefully I get a B.

I didn't finish the last question last year and I got a B, so it happens
Original post by TercioOfParma
I didn't finish the last question last year and I got a B, so it happens

Do you remember the grade boundaries from last year?

And lol i got an E last year, so anything i do this year will be better.
Original post by Teee123

For that Anlogue and digital signal question in part A i forgot to say that Anolgue is converted into digital signal using an ADC and vice versa DAC. I talked about how the analogue signal is continuous and that the digital signal is discrete, and so producing a finite set a values. Anyone say anything similar.
Original post by Teee123
Do you remember the grade boundaries from last year?

And lol i got an E last year, so anything i do this year will be better.

Not exactly, but I got exactly 75%
For that Anlogue and digital signal question in part A i forgot to say that Anolgue is converted into digital signal using an ADC and vice versa DAC. I talked about how the analogue signal is continuous and that the digital signal is discrete, and so producing a finite set a values. Anyone say anything similar.

That's exactly what i wrote too, but wasnt the question just to tell the difference between the two?
Reply 317
There was a 1 mark question in section C asking for a Subroutine that didn't have a Structure.. What'd you say?

I don't remember. I think I wrote DisplayBoard or something.
Reply 318
Original post by Teee123
That's exactly what i wrote too, but wasnt the question just to tell the difference between the two?

It didn't say anything about converting between the two. It just said define analogue sound and explain how it's different to digital. Something like that anyway.
Original post by frosts16
I got that but also the fact they call the function before they assign Row and Column their values, it would fail immediately as Row and Column are not passed in.

I got this as one of mine; that eases me that little bit more.

Though I agree that the grade boundaries will be higher this year than last, I don't think they'll be as drastically high as 86+ for an A

I looked at the AQA website and though this is a retake they try to work the grade boundaries so that the difficulty of the paper largely determines the grade boundaries. Someone who worked hard enough this year enough to get an A last year should get an A this year as well even though a majority of people will get better grades this year. (A lot of really good people also did not retake so that fluctuation is also gone)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending