The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June 8BI0 01

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me I was entered for the 2008 spec SNAB but I got 8BI10 ; the one with cabbage leaves and CVX clotting factor. Shouldn't it have meant to say 6BIO1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you're all confusing SNAB Bio A and B
Reply 42
I did the paper with the water insects and tension

I feel as if the examiners who made the paper wanted to cause suicides or something
Original post by molly2789
I'm gutted too- just simply ran out of time so couldn't answer the last question in detail and couldn't go back to questions I had missed out. Already lost a total of 10 marks AT LEAST. Introducing a new spec is hard enough but edexcel putting that much of time pressure on us is a joke...

I agree with you completely! I didnt finish myself and again missed around 10 marks from that. Definitely far too time pressured
Original post by chocoloverxx
Can anyone help me I was entered for the 2008 spec SNAB but I got 8BI10 ; the one with cabbage leaves and CVX clotting factor. Shouldn't it have meant to say 6BIO1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to talk to your Exam officer - you were given the wrong paper. 8BN0/01 had the cabbage leaf question and is the new course. You should have been given a 6BI01 paper for the old course if you were doing a re-sit. If you are on the new SNAB course, the 8BN0 paper was the right one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rigby16
Im so confused i did the paper with the cabbage leaves and translation and the hole in the heart

That was the paper for Biology A. It's totally different to Biology B.
Original post by Bahcaci
Guys, we are all confusing two papers! Both were sat today, at the same time, the question with the hole in septum was new spec biology, and the more maths related stuff was old spec biology.

No, they are both new spec, just there is Biology A sulters and nuffield and Biology B, both are new spec
Reply 47
Original post by corepractical
I am glad I am not the only one who found this exam very hard! Has anyone created an unofficial mark scheme or does anyone remember their answers? Seems like hardly anyone sat biologyB, most people seemed to do AQA

Has anyone remembered the questions or listed them down somewhere?
Hey guys, so for our upcoming edexcel exam about plants and development, do we need to know about the structure of a seed? In thw textbook it talks about it...but i dont know if we need to know it?

Mind im talking about the part 2 of the part 1 exam which had stuff to do with cabbage and whats wrong with the heart and skake thrombin etc
Original post by THESTRESS
Hey guys, so for our upcoming edexcel exam about plants and development, do we need to know about the structure of a seed? In thw textbook it talks about it...but i dont know if we need to know it?

Mind im talking about the part 2 of the part 1 exam which had stuff to do with cabbage and whats wrong with the heart and skake thrombin etc

Seeds aren't on the syllabus for the new SNAB Biology (Biology A). The text book we have has bits in it called 'Did you know' and that stuff isn't on the syllabus and won't be in the exams. Unless it's for the seedbank stuff - not sure about that.
(edited 7 years ago)
This is the course I'm doing and Its not SNAB but its just edexcel biology B

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/biology-b-2015.html

Had the exam with water tension and ridiculous questions where nothing was on the spec - somehow managed to finish in time though, but a lot of my friends missed a whole question

Struggling to revise for the exam tomorrow, classification is so boring and the textbook is like reading prose haha

Good luck to everyone anyway x
Original post by Christina1999H
This is the course I'm doing and Its not SNAB but its just edexcel biology B

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/biology-b-2015.html

Had the exam with water tension and ridiculous questions where nothing was on the spec - somehow managed to finish in time though, but a lot of my friends missed a whole question

Struggling to revise for the exam tomorrow, classification is so boring and the textbook is like reading prose haha

Good luck to everyone anyway x

Yeah topic 3 is!
topic 4 not so bad but its lengthy
Biodiversity and natural selection past paper questions are killing me..seems like we might need to actually learn definitions for this half of the paper :/
Reply 53
Biodiversity and natural selection past paper questions are killing me..seems like we might need to actually learn definitions for this half of the paper :/

Is the biology exam am or pm?
Original post by jgure20
Is the biology exam am or pm?

PM
3 Domains at the top - Bacteria, Eukaryota and Archaea

Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species

(KEEP PUTTING CABBAGES ON FAT GREASY SLUGS)
Did anyone do the specimen paper? That was very difficult
How did everyone find todays paper???
Original post by ALEVELGEEK031098
How did everyone find todays paper???

I thought it was okay..I completed the paper and that's a good sign! The xylem diameter and transpiration question was really dodgy, and there were so many analyse the data and explain questions! To be honest, I have no clue whether the answers I put down are correct or not seeing as I found that most of the paper was using your knowledge rather than just stating facts..

How did everyone else find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was okay..I completed the paper and that's a good sign! The xylem diameter and transpiration question was really dodgy, and there were so many analyse the data and explain questions! To be honest, I have no clue whether the answers I put down are correct or not seeing as I found that most of the paper was using your knowledge rather than just stating facts..

How did everyone else find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the one on how nitrate ions are transported?

I put active transport from soil to plant then through xylem vessels via the transpiration stream?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending