The Student Room Group

As french aqa 2016 essay predictions

Scroll to see replies

Soo...what was the peindre conjugation?? Anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJtheconfusedcat
Soo...what was the peindre conjugation?? Anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think it was peint not peindu i put it worng (past participle)
Original post by anonymous69234

Oh I put peint but I though it was supposed to be peindu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymous69234

Oh I put peint but I though it was supposed to be peindu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was peint :smile:
Is there a rule for peindre or is it just to knowi?t
Original post by Babyoleg

it follows the pattern of verbs like craidre :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Babyoleg

I put peint as a complete guess!
Original post by Sgp0910
Thought the reading was hard, especially that question where you had to join the sentences up... For the synonym one I put : (not in order)
Trouver : découvrir
Maigrir : perdre du poids
Confiant : être sûr
Vraiment : réellement
Initiés : acceptés?

Can't remember anymore
I thought the close test was hard, I missed the pluperfect devenir and guessed the être to be soit

for découvrir I put chercher
Original post by Sweetysarahbee
for découvrir I put chercher

same... was it chercher not cherche(with an accent on the last e)???
Original post by woopwoopwoopwoop
same... was it chercher not cherche(with an accent on the last e)???
yeah cherche with an accent on the e
yeah cherche with an accent on the e

That probably means we're wrong because the question was "Trouver" wasn't it? Cherche with the accent isn't an infinitive :eek::eek::eek:
That probably means we're wrong because the question was "Trouver" wasn't it? Cherche with the accent isn't an infinitive :eek::eek::eek:

Oh yeahh your right it is chercher if it was trouver
Oh yeahh your right it is chercher if it was trouver

But chercher means 'to look for' whereas decouvert means found/discovered which is more similar to trouver isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But chercher means 'to look for' whereas decouvert means found/discovered which is more similar to trouver isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ngl it seems like they should accept both if they were between the two either side (I can't remember whether they were or not but it said the words were in order) because http://www.synonymo.fr/synonyme/trouver so that would seem a little unfair

Don't think it'll matter whether you used the conjugated version from the paragraph or turned it into an infinitive. I'm pretty sure they just said to find the expression so both will do.
Reply 95
Original post by neil20143
Don't think it'll matter whether you used the conjugated version from the paragraph or turned it into an infinitive. I'm pretty sure they just said to find the expression so both will do.

I found this exam way harder than all the past papers - does anyone agree?
I don't do AS French, but based on these replies, it doesn't look particularly difficult...

It may be worth mentioning that I speak French fluently anyway.

Although, as I'm taking it next year...

I saw on the first page some cultural topics, such as Jean De Florette, L'Occupation etc.

Are these ones that are part of the exam board or do you get to choose them? Because, franchement, I would LOVE to do an essay all about Serge Gainsbourg...
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I don't do AS French, but based on these replies, it doesn't look particularly difficult...

I saw on the first page some cultural topics, such as Jean De Florette, L'Occupation etc.

Are these ones that are part of the exam board or do you get to choose them? Because, franchement, I would LOVE to do an essay all about Serge Gainsbourg...

That's part of A2 I think, not AS
Original post by TeenPolyglot

I'm doing A2 at the moment and you choose a topic that you like and write your essay on it but not for AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neil20143

Nope - you have to find the exact version so it will always be in the same format. The answer was cherche (with accent as past participle)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending