The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

That paper was a right stinker spent way too long on listening then had too rush reading. I thought I'd got at least 7 on the grammar section but judging by your post I have 5 maximum
Reply 141
LITERALLY. I feel the exact same and I'm normally quite good at listening at grammar.
Original post by chartreux5
i don't remember but everyone in my class found publiques, and i go to a french school, lol

it was only a mark anyway dw

You're wrong sorry! The noun was endroit and it was publics
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
I'm pretty sure it was masculine plural, but Idk now

It was masculine plural!
100% masculine plural
I'd say 83 for an A
Original post by neil20143
Did you find last year's exam difficult?

Yeah I did tbf....
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
Initiés wasn't adeptes it was les participants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by musictagj

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? if your right then there goes another mark down the drain:frown:
Original post by skye_eve
You're wrong sorry! The noun was endroit and it was publics

What's a french school?
Original post by Gnatt27
Really? if your right then there goes another mark down the drain:frown:

Pretty sure it was adeptes
Really didn't like that exam, praying on low grade boundaries!

Pls help me with these..
Listening
-The last guy on the 'how to combat stress' recording said the importance of sleep and what else....?
- The model girl said something about her hair 'lessive, pousser' but idk what she was talking about (on the how has she changed) and the other was that she now wears makeup and the third was something about school but I didn't know that either.
- The advert that talks about le station - was it mal de mer or les sports (of some kind I can't remember)
Reading
- Was it true that the series had been converted into American versions? And were the video programmes more popular than films for kids?

Don't even get me started on the grammar, I got so many wrong:/ Such a shame! They know how long we've spent learning the irregular past participles of verbs yet they choose the MOST obscure words like vaincre..

Oh well, just hoping for the best!! I usually try for an A but not sure this time, feel free to ask me any questions if you want to exchange answers anyone:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought it was ok but I've definitely lost some on the reading and grammar :I

Spoiler

Reply 154
I completely failed - just like how i've failed every other exam so far and will fail the rest this week. :frown:.
Grade boundaries are probably going to be low, everyone found it hard, definitely harder than the mock (2015) paper. 83 for an A is a good estimate (I think someone said this earlier! XD)
Original post by musictagj

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah it was adeptes, looked it up in a thesaurus (I put participants) v harsh one to have in there as all 3 have quite similar meanings
Original post by Babyoleg
I put V VV V ND ND F F.........

Think I got almost the same, got 1st one as F though (as they said "ce n'est pas d'hier", it's not from yesterday, so it isn't recent)
Original post by Lauriesmith2016
Think I got almost the same, got 1st one as F though (as they said "ce n'est pas d'hier", it's not from yesterday, so it isn't recent)

I think I got F for the first one, too. I got a lot of Vs, though.
Original post by Thinedivine
Really didn't like that exam, praying on low grade boundaries!

Pls help me with these..
Listening
-The last guy on the 'how to combat stress' recording said the importance of sleep and what else....?
- The model girl said something about her hair 'lessive, pousser' but idk what she was talking about (on the how has she changed) and the other was that she now wears makeup and the third was something about school but I didn't know that either.
- The advert that talks about le station - was it mal de mer or les sports (of some kind I can't remember)
Reading
- Was it true that the series had been converted into American versions? And were the video programmes more popular than films for kids?

Don't even get me started on the grammar, I got so many wrong:/ Such a shame! They know how long we've spent learning the irregular past participles of verbs yet they choose the MOST obscure words like vaincre..

Oh well, just hoping for the best!! I usually try for an A but not sure this time, feel free to ask me any questions if you want to exchange answers anyone:smile:

He mentioned sleep and the importance of a tidy room I think?
Laisser pousser les cheveux - which means let your hair grow
I think that one was sports d'hiver as it mentioned 'piste' and something else
Yes because the americans had made versions and I think I put NM for that as it wasn't explicitly mentioned?
Not necessarily correct :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending