The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
There were several errors including:
A pseudocode question contained "DUE" where it was irrelevant
the above made a 2 mark question unanswerable
the weight of a tablet was stated as "65 KG (!!!!)" or thereabouts
•For an interface type, USB 3 was stated in a question, but it should have read USB 3.0
•candidates were required to know about cloning phones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone seen the higher paper/can get a hold of it?
Original post by S_x_x
There were several errors including:
A pseudocode question contained "DUE" where it was irrelevant
the above made a 2 mark question unanswerable
the weight of a tablet was stated as "65 KG (!!!!)" or thereabouts
•For an interface type, USB 3 was stated in a question, but it should have read USB 3.0
•candidates were required to know about cloning phones

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, can you post the rest of the questions please?
I personally found the paper quite difficult in some cases. Really wanting a B but not sure if it's possible. Got an A in the prelim, but with this paper I'd be SOOOOO happy with a low B,

Do you have the rest of questions ?
Reply 544
Original post by Ethan100
I personally found the paper quite difficult in some cases. Really wanting a B but not sure if it's possible. Got an A in the prelim, but with this paper I'd be SOOOOO happy with a low B,

Do you have the rest of questions ?

Give me some time I have them will post them ASAP just let me know what Q I got up to?
Original post by S_x_x
Give me some time I have them will post them ASAP just let me know what Q I got up to?

Last question you gave us was 18 b ii
Reply 546
@S_x_x can you send the rest of paper please?
What do you guys think about this news article about this exam? Were some of the questions impossible to answer?
Original post by Fox Corner
What do you guys think about this news article about this exam? Were some of the questions impossible to answer?

What the hell?!?!?! A tablet was described as 65kg? :rofl:
whats everyone elses opinion on this?
I'm not sure if I'm speaking for a lot of people, but I personally found it quite difficult.
Reply 550
Soneone post the rest of paper?
I'm guessing no one is going to post the rest of the paper...

Please post if anybody has it !!!
My teacher told the SQA to stuff themselves as the marking scheme is apparently horrible
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
My teacher told the SQA to stuff themselves as the marking scheme is apparently horrible

Whatt ??

When you say horrible what do you exactly mean, Oh and what did your teacher think of the paper as a whole ?

This really isn't looking good. Started my Higher course and I'm really enjoying it. Just want to stay in the class and I need A/B grade to do so :frown:

HELPPP
literal difference between 1 and 2 is 0.5

1 + 1 = 2 so two is 2 sets of 1, but how do you find the difference between two numbers when the biggest number is 2 ?

divide 1 by 2 and you have 0.5 so here you have a diffrence between 1 and 2.
SQA admits to computing science exam mistakes : http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14539823.SQA_admits_mistakes_were_made_in_computing_science_exam/

This is weird as at first they rejected the claims that there were any mistakes in the paper.

Good Luck on results day. Hope the exam went better than you thought !
Original post by Ethan100
SQA admits to computing science exam mistakes : http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14539823.SQA_admits_mistakes_were_made_in_computing_science_exam/

This is weird as at first they rejected the claims that there were any mistakes in the paper.

Good Luck on results day. Hope the exam went better than you thought !

I honestly find that appalling! Students are put through enough stess already and they dont need the additional stress and confusion while reading a question that says a tablet weighed 65kg!! Really hope they place the appropriate grade boundaries to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. SQA are well known to make mistakes after that Higher maths paper and now this. And they claim they use "robust procedures" while making these papers. These exams ultimately decide our future and exam papers like these get issued to students. Unbelieveable! Rant over...

Anyways, good luck everyone. :tongue:
Reply 557
[QUOTE=sameehaiqbal;66508828]I honestly find that appalling! Students are put through enough stess already and they dont need the additional stress and confusion while reading a question that says a tablet weighed 65kg!! Really hope they place the appropriate grade boundaries to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. SQA are well known to make mistakes after that Higher maths paper and now this. And they claim they use "robust procedures" while making these papers. These exams ultimately decide our future and exam papers like these get issued to students. Unbelieveable! Rant over...

Anyways, good luck everyone. :tongue:

I'll be sitting National 5s next year and I can honestly tell you that I'm so scared that the SQA will end up making mistakes again. After so much time and effort going into get good grades, it's not fair that we have to answer a paper which had one question that was unanswerable!
I honestly sometimes think that little kids make the SQA exams.

They say that 19/21 questions in the exam had some sort of logical or typographical errors that caused confusion to the candidates... I mean how is that even possible ?!?!?
(edited 7 years ago)
Right lads, I'm back. Someone update me with what's going on. There were typos in the computing science exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending