The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Hi guys, this is the official thread where you can find exam discussion,details, predictions and general thoughts

merci!

Scroll to see replies

Hi did anyone sit the AQA AS oral yet? I did mine this morning on dangers of internet and was wondering what topic you guys did and what grade you think you are going to get..
mines tomorrow, kinda nervous as I've mainly focused on key words from my chosen topic. Did you prepare the card alright? I always end up spending too much time on the 2nd and 3rd question

Original post by veryambitchious
Hi did anyone sit the AQA AS oral yet? I did mine this morning on dangers of internet and was wondering what topic you guys did and what grade you think you are going to get..
It went very well, just try and spend 30 sec on each question
Reply 4
Any essay predictions for next week guys?
Reply 5
For the writing section, I'm thinking something to do with family/marriage/divorce might come up, maybe something to do with parents? Cinema and Internet are also likely topics :smile:
Will we be okay for this? Are we gunna be fine?
Reply 7
Original post by stripedbox
Will we be okay for this? Are we gunna be fine?

We will be fine! Just revise well for the writing and really leave a lot of time for the listening section

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you go about revising for the essay section? Do you take risk and learn 1 essay off by heart on a particular topic or just look at vocab specific to a range of topics?
Reply 9
Original post by megjane1510
How do you go about revising for the essay section? Do you take risk and learn 1 essay off by heart on a particular topic or just look at vocab specific to a range of topics?

I took the risk last year and I guessed it right, advertising did come up! However, I messed up the reading part so I think I'm taking the risk again this year to only revise the relationships topic
Reply 10
Why are you so sure that relationships will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Music will come up, it hasn't done so since 2010
Does anyone have a full list of vocab covering all the topics?

Thank you
Original post by Linguist123
Does anyone have a full list of vocab covering all the topics?

Thank you

Find the AS AQA French course on Memrise, there you shall find a complete list of vocabulary covering all the topics :smile:
Original post by Don Joiner
Why are you so sure that relationships will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It didn't come up last year and they don't tend to leave out a topic two years in a row, they've only done that once :smile:
Do you guys have a specific order in which sections you do first? I think I'll do my essay first, then the listening and then the reading
Original post by neil20143
Do you guys have a specific order in which sections you do first? I think I'll do my essay first, then the listening and then the reading

I do the same as you, a lot of people in my class were rushing their essay in our mock because they did it last!
What's a good way to revise for the listening part of the paper?
A2 student resitting the paper here! :smile:
I do the paper in the order that it comes tbh as I know I would personally spend the entire time on the essay if I did that first....
Original post by eleanor27
A2 student resitting the paper here! :smile:
I do the paper in the order that it comes tbh as I know I would personally spend the entire time on the essay if I did that first....

Same Eleanor!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending